2. Place your phone into "Download Mode" (press and hold the "Home", "Volume Down", and "Power" keys until the phone powers on and displays warning screen, then press "Volume Up" key).
3. Flash the I337_NC1_Stock_Kernel using Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+).
4. Root using Towelroot-v3.apk(internet access not required).
5. Power off then boot into "Download Mode" again.
6. Flash the I337_NI1_Stock_Kernel also in Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+).
7. Install SuperSU to manage root access. Done!
Important!: Do not skip any of the above steps or you may experience issues with your device.
1. After flashing the NC1 kernel your phone may run a little wonky, e.g. extreme lag, no wifi, etc., and towelroot may not root on the first try. If that happens reboot and try towelroot once again. Once rooted and after flashing the NI1 kernel your phone will again run like a champ!
2. Neither User Data nor knox warranty flag will be affected by following the above process.
3. The most common cause of a failed Odin flash is a bad usb port or cable. Please check before reporting a failure.
Should the NI1 ota update fail consider flashing back to stock NB1 using either file in this thread: I337UCUFNB1 4.4 Stock Odin Tars & System Dump. Then take the NI1 ota update. (or place the I337_NB1toNI1_OTA_Update.zip onto your ext-sdcard and sideload from stock recovery). Once updated to NI1 continue from Step 2 above.
Alternative Method for Safestrap Users:
1. Use Safestrap's Backup Function to back-up User Data.
2. Place the I337UCUFNI1_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip onto your ext-sdcard.
3. Reboot into Safestrap recovery then perform an "Advanced Wipe" and wipe everything but your ext-sdcard.
4. Flash the I337UCUFNI1_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip using "Stock Slot."
5. Once complete press "Home" then reboot into "Download Mode."
6. Flash the I337_NI1_Stock_Kernel in Odin's PDA slot (AP in Odin v3.09+).
7. Reboot into Safestrap recovery and use the Restore Function to restore User Data. Done!
1. The I337UCUFNI1_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip process will update your Modem, Non-hlos, System, Kernel, and Stock Recovery to NI1 but does not include the NI1 Bootloader.
2. Follow all of the above steps in the order provided and do not skip any steps or you may experience issues with your device!