2,114 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,267

By csendre, Recognized Contributor on 31st March 2018, 11:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Android. Infused with magical unicorn bytes
The unicorn eats nougats and farts rainbows

INFO
Read about AOKP and Team Kang here

This is an unofficial build of AOKP Oreo built from original sources with nothing changed on my part.

DISCLAIMER
* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!
* You are installing this software at your own risk
* I am not responsible if your phone, SD card or anything else breaks or causes damage of any kind to anything as a result of flashing this ! Remember, you flashed this at your own free will!

A. Initial install
1. Copy ROM and Gapps (optional) to your external SD Card or internal memory
2. Boot into recovery (latest TWRP preferred)
3. Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, System and Data
4. Install ROM and Gapps (optional)
5. Reboot

B. Updates
1. Copy ROM to your external SD Card or internal memory
2. Boot into recovery (latest TWRP preferred)
3. Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache and Cache
4. Install ROM
5. Reboot

Serranodsdd (GT-I9192)
Serrano3gxx (GT-I9190)
Serranoltexx (GT-I9195)

Gapps:
MindTheGapps
Open Gapps

TWRP
From alternate sources, this version was maintained by Matt Mower (from Lineage team) up to version 3.1.N0-0 and device sources are the ones maintained by Arne. From 3.1.N1-0 it will be maintained by me, hopefully with guidance from Arne. TWRP sources here
Current version 3.1.N1-0; these are recovery flashable files, no Odin version at the moment.

TWRP Download Folder

NOT WORKING
- Video recording broken - apps based on software capture/encoding may work
- For 9192: SIM control -both SIMs are on at all times ; no data on SIM 2; on certain providers no data on SIM 1 either

Changelog in ROM Control
Gerrit:
AOKP Gerrit
LineageOS

CREDITS
This is not my work, all credit goes to the developers:
- Google
- CyanogenMod/Lineage Team
- Team Kang
- @arco68
- @TeamWin @mdmower @ne0zone75 - for TWRP

- LineageOS
- AOKP

XDA:DevDB Information
AOKP Oreo, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
csendre
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-04-01
Last Updated 2018-07-17
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to csendre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csendre Ad-Free

31st March 2018, 11:34 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Burlington

More
reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csendre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csendre Ad-Free
31st March 2018, 11:39 PM |#3  
Flag Burlington

More
Finally I have decided to get this thread going. For now and maybe forever it will be unofficial due to the state of Oreo for our device.

As usual, all credit for device development goes to @arco68. The LTE & 3G devices use Nexus blobs to make telephony working, while we had to keep using our original blobs for the Duos which for now does not work flawlessly (data issue on SIM2). So unfortunately there is no unified device tree for all three devices any more.

For the above reasons an official build would not be possible for the Duos, therefore I may just keep all 3 devices unofficial on Oreo and official builds will be kept on Nougat.

Oreo builds are more time consuming and also I have to use separate trees for the LTE/3G vs DS, therefore updates will not come very frequently, perhaps on a monthly or bi-weekly bases.

On a positive note, since builds will not be official, I may add some extra features in the future (some kernel tweaks anyone?)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to csendre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csendre Ad-Free
1st April 2018, 11:01 AM |#4  
Flag Nalut
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Nice work cendre, hope dous devises work 100% in future versions
The Following User Says Thank You to alnaloty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alnaloty Ad-Free
1st April 2018, 05:40 PM |#5  
Flag Repalle
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Sir should I flash Remix Kernel with this?
1st April 2018, 07:20 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 323

More
Is this the same ROM you posted In AOKP N thread? @csendre
1st April 2018, 07:54 PM |#7  
Flag Burlington

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie12

Is this the same ROM you posted In AOKP N thread? @csendre

The first one yes. Building new ones right now

Update: April 1st builds for all devices are up but didn't have time to test them. Let me know if something is wrong.
Also, here is a fresh build of MindTheGapps I just compiled: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850505127 It usually works better than OpenGapps
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to csendre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csendre Ad-Free
2nd April 2018, 09:58 AM |#8  
Flag @my home
Thanks Meter: 294

More
@csendre
Thx for your development of this ROM.
I flashed this ROM over an existing LOS 15.1 Version from arco68 , only wiped cache and dalvik, all works fine so far I tested.
One thing I have seen you have disabled the NFC function from the ROM, about the Battery consumption issues ?
2nd April 2018, 01:07 PM |#9  
Flag Burlington

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierma32

@csendre
Thx for your development of this ROM.
I flashed this ROM over an existing LOS 15.1 Version from arco68 , only wiped cache and dalvik, all works fine so far I tested.
One thing I have seen you have disabled the NFC function from the ROM, about the Battery consumption issues ?

NFC should be the same as in arco68's builds. I did not make any changes to the 9195 device tree. Will double check
2nd April 2018, 10:26 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
@csendre is it possible to disable the qcom rx wakelock? It seems to keep my device awake and drains the battery.
2nd April 2018, 10:36 PM |#11  
Flag Burlington

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diresh

@csendre is it possible to disable the qcom rx wakelock? It seems to keep my device awake and drains the battery.

Did you try the wakelock blocker in ROM Control? I never used it but it should work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)