FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Unofficial][CM-12.0 - 28 JULY 15][CM-12.1 - 11 MAR 16] S4 Mini duos GT-I9192

3,166 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,601

By k2wl, Senior Member on 23rd November 2014, 04:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th March 2015, 04:36 PM |#1001  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavehunter105

hahaha, even i freaked out a bit. The phone truly became a galaxy :P

Thing is am using the cm11 right now. All my files, settings, IMs, security apps, all are in the cm11 ROM. I just dont get time to flash and install and set settings one by one. Whenever i do., i first make a backup of the cm11....then do all the clearing of all caches, factory reset and flash the cm12 to try it out.....then when am in the mood, i install or setup all the settings, and make a backup of the cm12... so that i can restore it back to set it up more later... then i continue using my old cm11..

Later for the weekend when i get time to get back to the cm12, i flash with a fresh cm12, then from that point do a restore of the previous cm12....thats when things go bad.,, and so do i get annoyed.....

Am confused as in the cm11 backups run just fine, but cm12 backups are a dead end...

MOD Edit: removed content
You know its not that hard to restore backups if you sign in with google and consent with them storing your data. I restore all my apps and data in those apps without making backup. It's easier that way and NSA can look at my pictures and phone logs all they want, idgaf. :^)
6th March 2015, 07:13 PM |#1002  
Flag Dubai, UAE
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Mod Edit: Removed quoted post
And about your solution about a Google backup isn't really that effective. While you restore each app one by one wasting time and waste time set up all your preferred settings and shortcuts, CWM recoveries are safer, easier and faster. Its much like the system restore function in a Windows PC.
Like as if we don't know about Google sign-up and restore of apps.
6th March 2015, 08:29 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Quote:

And about your solution about a Google backup isn't really that effective. While you restore each app one by one wasting time and waste time set up all your preferred settings and shortcuts, CWM recoveries are safer, easier and faster. Its much like the system restore function in a Windows PC.
Like as if we don't know about Google sign-up and restore of apps.

Try different recovery, in using latest cwm by arco and seems to work fine with cm12
7th March 2015, 12:35 AM |#1004  
Flag Burlington
Thanks Meter: 4,775

More
Quote:

Hey guys, i noticed a problem when trying to flash cm12 for my s4mini duos. Thing is whenever ive flashed the device with cm12 and install all preferred apps, i do take a backup of the ROM from cwm recovery. The backup process goes good., but when i try to restore the backup, the device gets bricked.

Is this a common issue about backing and restoring cm12? Am i missing something?

I have the same exact issue with CWM 6.0.4.6 I have no problem restoring stock or CM11 images but I have never managed to successfully restore any CM12 backups. It must be a compatibility issue with CWM.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaan

People have ringtone folders. HAHAHA :P

What do you find funny? You have one too. Look in /system/media/audio and be amazed ... just don't laugh too hard
All Andorid versions have dedicated folders for ringtones.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fburgos

Try different recovery, in using latest cwm by arco and seems to work fine with cm12

What is the version number?
7th March 2015, 01:48 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by csendre

It's in the recovery root for i9192 by arco
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fburgos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fburgos Ad-Free
7th March 2015, 03:05 AM |#1006  
Flag Dubai, UAE
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

I have the same exact issue with CWM 6.0.4.6 I have no problem restoring stock or CM11 images but I have never managed to successfully restore any CM12 backups. It must be a compatibility issue with CWM.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

What do you find funny? You have one too. Look in /system/media/audio and be amazed ... just don't laugh too hard
All Andorid versions have dedicated folders for ringtones.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

even i have the same 6.0.4.6 CWM, never changed it since cm11 came out. ...i guess this udaan person just talks out of his back without thinking..

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fburgos

It's in the recovery root for i9192 by arco

Hmm, it could be the issue, am running the old 6.0.4.6 now... let me try and ill update you back.
7th March 2015, 03:20 AM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
I returned to test this rom. No doubt much improved.
Although not comparable to STOCK. It's a great rom.
One of the chronic problems is camera. When you need it can not work. The same is true installing "Google Camera".
And sound is not as good as Stock. But it can be remedied with something like ViperFX and a better player.

Within 24 hours of test showed no FC or other more serious bugs.

It is valid if you want to feel Lolipop on a device that is not updated.
But if you want to enjoy your S4 Mini completely, you can not escape the Samsung Stock.

S5 Mini might be the way to a compact smart - personal preference. But Samsung has not confirmed update.
7th March 2015, 04:17 AM |#1008  
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Anybody flashed 0403 build. It doesn't get installed. The recovery goes on flashing for infinite period of time. In TWRP it says " error; mounting /system”. I tried both CWM & TWRP with same results.
7th March 2015, 04:36 AM |#1009  
Flag Isnos
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Plug battery issues dangerous
Quote:

Everything seems to be working fine for me, I don't have the sms or battery issues reported by others

Occasionally when the phone is discharged and is connected to charge the phone hangs without responding to the buttons and I forced shutdown, no load and overheats the battery too, which makes the lifespan of the battery is reduced sooner than normal. Please solve this terrible problem,
7th March 2015, 04:36 AM |#1010  
Flag Lake City
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parthabhatta

Anybody flashed 0403 build. It doesn't get installed. The recovery goes on flashing for infinite period of time. In TWRP it says " error; mounting /system”. I tried both CWM & TWRP with same results.

Mr.Partha i did, used it around two hours,no problem in flashing , i use 'philz touch' recovery always it never troubled me.
The Following User Says Thank You to loopguru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift loopguru Ad-Free
7th March 2015, 05:05 AM |#1011  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 37

More
tried to enable call recording but there`s no csc folder in system????
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.02, 5.1, cm-12.0, cm-12.1, i9192

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)