FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Unofficial][CM-12.0 - 28 JULY 15][CM-12.1 - 11 MAR 16] S4 Mini duos GT-I9192

3,166 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,601

By k2wl, Senior Member on 23rd November 2014, 04:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2014, 01:49 PM |#101  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thanks for the development effort that goes into these Android 5.0 builds for S4 mini.
Clockwork Mod 6.0.5.0 installed on my S4 mini.
been using cm-11 for a few weeks
tested cm-12-20141129-UNOFFICIAL-serranodsdd.zip and cm-12-20141130-UNOFFICIAL-serranodsdd.zip
Here's my report of experiences during testing in the hope it helps with the debugging;

Working/Tested
Camera app worked well
Wifi works (I was able to download any apps I tried without issues gapps, facebook, viber etc)... wifi code remembered after reboot
Mobile data works (On at least one SIM did not check other... I believe original Samsung S4 only had 3G in one of the Sims)
MP3 (google play music, apollo)
File Manager
Storage (detected internal and external)
Battery seems stable

Not Working
Bluetooth works partly (Pairs headset and can listen to audio through it. However when I tried to call the sound went to phone speaker even though option was ticked to send both music and phone audio to headset.)
Dial App (hanging and bugging Wait or Force close option appeared every time)
Name of Sim cards forgotten after reboot.
System update (Check update says latest is applied, don't this it's doing anything though)
Pin Screen (You can go into security an pin the screen, unpinning not possible, reboot unpins)

Android 5.0 in general seems to work smoothly... Google Now has a white background... seems a step backwards to me (harder on eyes and have heard is also a bigger drain on battery... not sure if true). I tried installing the Trebuchet Launcher from CM11... installed but did not function as expected. I downloaded Nova Launcher and this solved it. Z launcher beta from Nokia is also a nice change. In general the notifications of Android 5.0 are an improvement and the overview of open apps is an improvement. I've restored CM11 for now... the dialler issues would prevent me from using CM12 till resolved.

Thanks again for all the dev work. Above is only intended to support testing, not to criticize.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PPC_Owner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PPC_Owner Ad-Free
1st December 2014, 02:34 PM |#102  
Flag Rourkela
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Same things happen with me as well

Sent from my GT-I9192 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st December 2014, 03:26 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@PPC_Owner that is one good review for your first post ...

anyway now change log is available on http://www.cmxlog.com/12
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k2wl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k2wl Ad-Free
1st December 2014, 04:42 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Question Lollipop
I have a question,
Can you fully use your phone with this Rom?
I'm not an expert so sorry if my question was stupid!
Thanks all of you.
1st December 2014, 05:06 PM |#105  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_Owner

Thanks for the development effort that goes into these Android 5.0 builds for S4 mini.
Clockwork Mod 6.0.5.0 installed on my S4 mini.
been using cm-11 for a few weeks
tested cm-12-20141129-UNOFFICIAL-serranodsdd.zip and cm-12-20141130-UNOFFICIAL-serranodsdd.zip
Here's my report of experiences during testing in the hope it helps with the debugging;

Working/Tested
Camera app worked well
Wifi works (I was able to download any apps I tried without issues gapps, facebook, viber etc)... wifi code remembered after reboot
Mobile data works (On at least one SIM did not check other... I believe original Samsung S4 only had 3G in one of the Sims)
MP3 (google play music, apollo)
File Manager
Storage (detected internal and external)
Battery seems stable

Not Working
Bluetooth works partly (Pairs headset and can listen to audio through it. However when I tried to call the sound went to phone speaker even though option was ticked to send both music and phone audio to headset.)
Dial App (hanging and bugging Wait or Force close option appeared every time)
Name of Sim cards forgotten after reboot.
System update (Check update says latest is applied, don't this it's doing anything though)
Pin Screen (You can go into security an pin the screen, unpinning not possible, reboot unpins)

Android 5.0 in general seems to work smoothly... Google Now has a white background... seems a step backwards to me (harder on eyes and have heard is also a bigger drain on battery... not sure if true). I tried installing the Trebuchet Launcher from CM11... installed but did not function as expected. I downloaded Nova Launcher and this solved it. Z launcher beta from Nokia is also a nice change. In general the notifications of Android 5.0 are an improvement and the overview of open apps is an improvement. I've restored CM11 for now... the dialler issues would prevent me from using CM12 till resolved.

Thanks again for all the dev work. Above is only intended to support testing, not to criticize.

You waited 5 years to post this! Incredible!
1st December 2014, 11:38 PM |#106  
Flag Rivière Salée
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Chrome crashed with 20141201 build
1st December 2014, 11:42 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrienL83

Chrome crashed with 20141201 build

guys...chrome is crashing on 3g and lte builds too...so be patient may be chrome is not ready for cm12 or cm12 is not ready for chrome...so use other browser mean while....
1st December 2014, 11:44 PM |#108  
Flag Rivière Salée
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2wl

guys...chrome is crashing on 3g and lte builds too...so be patient may be chrome is not ready for cm12 or cm12 is not ready for chrome...so use other browser mean while....

Yes but it don't crashed on 26 or 27 build :/

A.
2nd December 2014, 03:13 AM |#109  
Flag Piñas
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrienL83

Yes but it don't crashed on 26 or 27 build :/

A.

Because something breaks chrome in newest builds.
2nd December 2014, 03:15 AM |#110  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 5,194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFlasher

Because something breaks chrome in newest builds.

Strange but using F4k's kernel (pre3) seems that it's fixing the chrome issue on LTE.
The Following User Says Thank You to kyrillos13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kyrillos13 Ad-Free
2nd December 2014, 03:22 AM |#111  
Flag Piñas
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrillos13

Strange but using F4k's kernel (pre3) seems that it's fixing the chrome issue on LTE.

Maybe some merge code in stock CM kernel breaks chrome and F4k kernel have not merged it yet (or his kernel not use it).

The fix may depend on CM team or Chrome team.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.02, 5.1, cm-12.0, cm-12.1, i9192

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)