I am using this version since it was posted and tested it pretty rigorously.
Clean flash, also flashed Super SU v2.40 and Gapps mini. Did not
flash the f4k kernel, kept the one in the ROM
Baseband version XXUAMF7; Tested with 2 SIMs (1 provider WCDMA the other GSM) and tried all combinations with two and just 1 SIM in slots 1 and 2
This version is almost perfect, i could not find any major issues with it. Everything works perfectly and in my opinion smoother than CM11 or the stock 4.2.2. Personally I am keeping this on the phone and have no intention to update any further unless major features will surface in future updates. Brilliant work k2wl!!!
There are two more issues I noticed on this version after some more use:
- Ringtone and notification sound does not remain saved, it resets upon reboot
- Included Email app FC when more than one email account is used
- No sign
of previously reported bugs with battery life, bluetooth issues, network data not working on SIM 1 or 2, incorrect time from provider or forgetting wireless networks
- Operation is very smooth, had no issues with any application installed including music players, GPS software, various utilities using augmented reality, VOIP, etc.
- Have not seen any FC on ANY application being it system or installed.
- Browsers tested: Chrome & Firefox; installed Flash player 11 and even that works great even though was written for KK
- BT works perfectly including headset controls and calling on both SIMs
- Just a few of the apps tested: Winamp, Folder player, MX Player, Viber, Skype, FB, Total Commander, ES File Explorer, Netflix, YouTube, eBay, Shazam, VLC, Tapatalk, Yahoo Mail, iGO, Navigon, MapFactor Navigator, Google Maps and Earth and many many others (a total of ~60 apps)
- Network communication is amazing, feels much faster than KK or stock when accessing NAS, dlna media or other network resources
- VPN and mobile hotspot options also work flawlessly
- Launchers: I am using APEX 2.1, but briefly tried Launcher 3 as well and seen no issues with either
- The previously reported "issue" with a number showing up at the end of Deactivating and Activating SIM card message is still present
- When connected to VPN, there is no icon in the status bar indicating this. The issue with this is that you don't notice if the VPN connection breaks and may keep on navigating on insecure WiFi believing that VPN is still active. Don't know if this is a Lollipop or CM12 issue
: GREAT! This one is a keeper!