FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Unofficial][CM-12.0 - 28 JULY 15][CM-12.1 - 11 MAR 16] S4 Mini duos GT-I9192

3,166 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,601

By k2wl, Senior Member on 23rd November 2014, 04:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2015, 04:53 AM |#501  
Flag Burlington
Thanks Meter: 4,784

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_franco

@csendre
I installed Weather & Clock (seems very good), thanks!
About iGO version 9.6.22.317625; I think that is one of the latest version released. Did you installed in the extSD or in the internal memory?
I have 9.6.22.290143 and 9.6.29.427562 (multi res) and none of them works. Just the version 8 works fine (but old maps);
Do you know some trick?
TKS!!!

I installed it to my external SD. Before install make sure you remove all previous versions and delete folders. Create an iGO folder on the external SD and copy into it the following (should be part of your download): "content" folder, "license" folder and two files: branding.zip & data.zip (do not unzip, these should be copied as zip files). Also copy here the iGO.apk and then run the apk from within this folder. This should install the app and everything should work fine.

Try the 9.6.22.290143 version first. I believe the 9.6.29 was a special version made for Israel and it could create issues if it was not properly adapted. Just checked and the version I am using is not available for download anymore, the links were removed unfortunately

Good luck!

Update: @diogo_franco; check your PM

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR_Franklin

So, has the battery life issue been fixed? I just want to know because I went back to carbon kk because the battery life was pissing me off. I play ingress so my GPS and data are constantly on.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using XDA Free mobile app

I am running a clean flash of the 01/07 version and battery life seems to be very similar to what I had with KK. Did not make exact measurements though
The Following User Says Thank You to csendre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csendre Ad-Free
10th January 2015, 02:57 AM |#502  
Flag Burlington

More
Thumbs up cm-12-20150107 Review
I am using this version since it was posted and tested it pretty rigorously.

Installation: Clean flash, also flashed Super SU v2.40 and Gapps mini. Did not flash the f4k kernel, kept the one in the ROM
Hardware: Baseband version XXUAMF7; Tested with 2 SIMs (1 provider WCDMA the other GSM) and tried all combinations with two and just 1 SIM in slots 1 and 2

My Conclusions: This version is almost perfect, i could not find any major issues with it. Everything works perfectly and in my opinion smoother than CM11 or the stock 4.2.2. Personally I am keeping this on the phone and have no intention to update any further unless major features will surface in future updates. Brilliant work k2wl!!!

Update 01/11:
There are two more issues I noticed on this version after some more use:
- Ringtone and notification sound does not remain saved, it resets upon reboot
- Included Email app FC when more than one email account is used

Notes:
- No sign of previously reported bugs with battery life, bluetooth issues, network data not working on SIM 1 or 2, incorrect time from provider or forgetting wireless networks
- Operation is very smooth, had no issues with any application installed including music players, GPS software, various utilities using augmented reality, VOIP, etc.
- Have not seen any FC on ANY application being it system or installed.
- Browsers tested: Chrome & Firefox; installed Flash player 11 and even that works great even though was written for KK
- BT works perfectly including headset controls and calling on both SIMs
- Just a few of the apps tested: Winamp, Folder player, MX Player, Viber, Skype, FB, Total Commander, ES File Explorer, Netflix, YouTube, eBay, Shazam, VLC, Tapatalk, Yahoo Mail, iGO, Navigon, MapFactor Navigator, Google Maps and Earth and many many others (a total of ~60 apps)
- Network communication is amazing, feels much faster than KK or stock when accessing NAS, dlna media or other network resources
- VPN and mobile hotspot options also work flawlessly
- Launchers: I am using APEX 2.1, but briefly tried Launcher 3 as well and seen no issues with either

Minor Cons:
- The previously reported "issue" with a number showing up at the end of Deactivating and Activating SIM card message is still present
- When connected to VPN, there is no icon in the status bar indicating this. The issue with this is that you don't notice if the VPN connection breaks and may keep on navigating on insecure WiFi believing that VPN is still active. Don't know if this is a Lollipop or CM12 issue

Overall experience: GREAT! This one is a keeper!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to csendre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csendre Ad-Free
10th January 2015, 03:05 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
You forgot to describe the issue with the saved wireless networks when we update a new rom. This problem remains and is very important as we need to know a lot of passwords over the places we move on...
By the way, the rest is really awesome....as you described!
10th January 2015, 03:40 AM |#504  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

You forgot to describe the issue with the saved wireless networks when we update a new rom. This problem remains and is very important as we need to know a lot of passwords over the places we move on...

Actually, he/she did mention that. They said that it didn't show up.

10th January 2015, 04:34 AM |#505  
Flag Burlington

More
Quote:

I did not notice any issues forgetting wifi networks. Rebooted countless times, many times with battery removed as well, and my saved networks were still there. If you still have this problem, it maybe something that is model dependent. What is your baseband version? Maybe try a clean install.
10th January 2015, 05:03 AM |#506  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by csendre

I did not notice any issues forgetting wifi networks. Rebooted countless times, many times with battery removed as well, and my saved networks were still there. If you still have this problem, it maybe something that is model dependent. What is your baseband version? Maybe try a clean install.

I know that when I was running this rom I was suffering from that. But I stopped because #1 the battery issue & #2 I'm not particularly fond of cyanogenmod.

10th January 2015, 06:52 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Hi @csendre very good review, but why are you still in that "old" modem
10th January 2015, 07:41 AM |#508  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,601

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fburgos

Hi @csendre very good review, but why are you still in that "old" modem

why to change something which is working gr8!!!
i am on i9192xxubnc1 which is old.
but it is working fine so i never cared to change it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k2wl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k2wl Ad-Free
10th January 2015, 01:11 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2wl

Probably this is solution for problems with network - use old modem
10th January 2015, 02:35 PM |#510  
Flag Burlington

More
Quote:

Yep, my thoughts exactly! Never had an issue with it.
10th January 2015, 03:35 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csendre

Yep, my thoughts exactly! Never had an issue with it.

I've never had network problems in any modem, butmy phone always has drain, for example with a fress install no gapps, symc off, GPS off, gata off, wifi off, greenefy, no matters what I do it's always in the range 0.7-2% drain in 100% deepsleep, also it's random drain in same modem same configuration different night, but i think with some modems is worst in my case that mf7 was bad around 3% as I remember

I just was curious thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.02, 5.1, cm-12.0, cm-12.1, i9192

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)