[ROM][Unofficial][CM-12.0 - 28 JULY 15][CM-12.1 - 11 MAR 16] S4 Mini duos GT-I9192

Search This thread

ADR USR

Dec 3, 2011
No issues
Build : 0327
Kernel : default
Dirty flash. No wipes.
Time testing : 3 hours
Gapps : pa modular pico 0315
camera : appears to be unstable than normal in cm ROMs.

nothing new about it.seems to be impossible to solve. install any other APP not really solve. is something we have to live with. what bothers me is not knowing exactly why.
for me will always be an obstacle in these excellent alternatives ROMs. maybe one day they are more than just an option for devices that do not receive official updates.but are excellent alternatives. especially for those who like to experiment

Last edited:

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
Can't make me out of boot loop. I have no idea. when I download today's build i get stuck two times first in 89 mb and next is 186 mb and download bar show in android host is less than 10 . did that pause cause me that issue. my gapps is dated 20150215. do I need to flash latest gaaps.

Try to download it again, perhaps this is the issue. Maybe use the basketbuild source this time. I am using the 20150315 gapps, but I don't think it matters much.

k2wl

Apr 19, 2008
@Anwar105
i was uploading the rom...try again...
@
ADR USR
i know camera is bit of a issue...it has its own reasons...camera drivers are proprietary...which means developer can not access the hardware without those drivers. The developer need to wrap these drivers with software code to make it work for CM or AOSP.

dav1129

Sep 14, 2014
Canberra
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
Actually even MMS seems to be provider dependent. I am using MMS regularly, never had an issue.

ah really. how could that be? could you tell me whether under your APN settings for MMS, is MMS protocol listed?

My service provider who I guess makes the assumption I have stock Samsung PS tells me that this should be set to WAP 2.0

But I don't even have MMS protocol under the APN settings. I wonder if this is a critical issue?

ADR USR

Dec 3, 2011
k2wl
thanks
for the explanation. I knew this detail, but thought it was not relevant when the camera works great but has unexplained instabilities. But now it was clarified. Thanks

Last edited:

Anwar105

Nov 20, 2014
Gazipur
my phone stopped when cm boot animation appear 2 minute . then I have to restore to get back stock. then i try to install rom only but same problem happened.what is the problem can some one tell me? but my phone get heated in that process.

vetdrchandan

Aug 8, 2011
Patna
When I installed the boot animation was just circling... After waiting for more than 5 minutes I removed the battery and than powered on the phone..... Every thing was good..

Thanks in Advance

Anwar105

Nov 20, 2014
Gazipur
Are u installed it clean or dirty. my device get stopped and shut down automatically. But I have 50% or more battery life left in my device

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
ah really. how could that be? could you tell me whether under your APN settings for MMS, is MMS protocol listed?

My service provider who I guess makes the assumption I have stock Samsung PS tells me that this should be set to WAP 2.0

But I don't even have MMS protocol under the APN settings. I wonder if this is a critical issue?

I looked at the APN settings you posted earlier and they are incomplete. I am pretty sure this is why it does not work for you. I uploaded my settings for you as an example; in the settings you have many are missing: MMSC, MMS proxy and ports. Without these there is no way to send and receive mms messages. You have to call your provider and ask for all of these. You can also try to use Vodafone Australia's settings, from what I read TransACT uses their network. As you see from mine I have Bell Canada's settings, but my provider is Virgin Canada who uses Bell's network (similar to your case).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-28-07-12-13.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-28-07-12-13.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 362
  • Screenshot_2015-03-28-07-12-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-28-07-12-36.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 361

dav1129

Sep 14, 2014
Canberra
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
....... without these there is no way to send and receive mms messages. You have to call your provider and ask for all of these. You can also try to use Vodafone Australia's settings, from what I read TransACT uses their network. As you see from mine I have Bell Canada's settings, but my provider is Virgin Canada who uses Bell's network (similar to your case).

thanks. but the setting my provider referred to is MMS protocol not APN protocol. I have APN protocol as you do but this is apparently not important. They kept referring to MMS Protocol, which if I had it should be set to WAP 2.0

vetdrchandan

Aug 8, 2011
Patna

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
thanks. but the setting my provider referred to is MMS protocol not APN protocol. I have APN protocol as you do but this is apparently not important. They kept referring to MMS Protocol, which if I had it should be set to WAP 2.0

Unfortunately whoever you had on the phone did not know what he was talking about. APN is not a protocol. Here it is from Wikipedia: "An Access Point Name (APN) is the name of a gateway between a GPRS, 3G or 4G mobile network and another computer network, frequently the public Internet. A mobile device making a data connection must be configured with an APN to present to the carrier." Therefore, without proper APN settings there is no data and no MMS

A communication protocol is a sort of communication language, but unless the APN settings are connect, the phone will not know who to communicate with. On some older smart phones you could set the MMS protocol as WAP 2.0 (at that time WAP 1.x versions were still alive), but most phones don't even have this anymore as WAP 2.0 is used since 2002 and it would be redundant to set it. This is NOT your problem. If there would be an option to set MMS protocol it would also be part of the APN settings.

Long story short: call your provider and ask for: MMSC (multimedia messaging service center), MMS proxy, MMS port, MMC and MNC settings. Once you enter these, MMS will work on your phone.

dav1129

Sep 14, 2014
Canberra
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
Long story short: call your provider and ask for: MMSC (multimedia messaging service center), MMS proxy, MMS port, MMC and MNC settings. Once you enter these, MMS will work on your phone.

I did this is already and they gave all the values include MMS protocol which I don't have. Not only does it officially seem to be required but he was reading from his own Samsung phone which apparently also had a custom Google ROM.

this is above my pay grade so I don't want to argue the point. but look at your screenshot shot; at the bottom is where you set a value for APN Protocol.....

Next, my provider has a wizard here which is supposed to send the correct settings for internet and MMS automatically, however when I follow the wizard, for some reason I never get the text messages.

Last edited:

csendre

Aug 30, 2013
Burlington
this is above my pay grade so I don't want to argue the point. but look at your screenshot shot; at the bottom is where you set a value for APN Protocol.....

Next, my provider has a wizard here which is supposed to send the correct settings for internet and MMS automatically, however when I follow the wizard, for some reason I never get the text messages.
This is the automated and simple process which works in most cases. For some reason you either don't get the configuration messages or this ROM can not interpret them. This is why I asked you to call and actually verbally ask them what the settings are so that you can manually configure your phone. Tell them that you have to do this manually.

I think I have values for all the settings you list but I don't have a field for MMS protocol which heeds to be WAP 2.0 (according to the provider). I suspect this field is there on Samsung OS, does it?
As I previously told you, most phones don't have this field anymore. It is redundant, the MMS is WAP 2.0 since the year 2002

Reactions: fburgos

Anwar105

Nov 20, 2014
Gazipur
When I installed all file then go to reboot system now then my device start circling cm logo after 3 or 4 minutes device get over heated and shut down automatically. but when restored from backup file it won't heat and I using stock flawlessly.
meanwhile I have changed my main board few days ago.

dav1129

Sep 14, 2014
Canberra
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
This is the automated and simple process which works in most cases. For some reason you either don't get the configuration messages or this ROM can not interpret them. This is why I asked you to call and actually verbally ask them what the settings are so that you can manually configure your phone. Tell them that you have to do this manually.

I see thanks. Unfortunately they're closed now but I just googled and found these settings for Vodafone. I see it does not actually mentioned MMS protocol. So I'll double checl the values here.

My provider Transact uses the Vodafone network and was bought out here by iiNet

As I previously told you, most phones don't have this field anymore. It is redundant, the MMS is WAP 2.0 since the year 2002
yes you did. And on second reading I understand.

Top Liked Posts