Galaxy S4 Mini Plus

Search This thread

berins

May 19, 2014
Did you notice any performance related hiccups (maybe when compared to the "old" Krait 300 version)?
I feel kind of bad now that I recently bought a non-i version (the i is still not available locally) and the battery looks so much better...

No issues so far. If you point me to most comparable benchmark i could run it.
As for availability, popular web shops here in the Netherlands are not aware they got the new batch and still advertise them as the old model. Thats the one i was buying.

nick_white

May 14, 2014
A coleague also bought a S4 mini on contract and received a I9195I version.

There are more differences than:
- Android version (4.4.4 vs 4.4.2)
- Processor
- UI
- Battery life (?)
When compared to the "old" version it also has:
- Multitasking button instead of menu button
- Ultra power saving mode

Reactions: marius5147

MixoMaxoViper

Jan 23, 2014
Somewhere...
Here are the photos!
http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/mobile_phones_samsung/204606_6919_draft_large.jpg
http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/mobile_phones_samsung/204606_2254_draft_large.jpg

The only two diffirences are:
-Processor and OS
-Multitask button instead of menu button(like S5)
Source:http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/mobil...ung_Galaxy_S4_GTI9192I_Deep_Black_204606.html

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

For the OS functions, we-I9195/2/0 users can flash A5 Four Mini ROM!

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

@berins
Can you run AnTuTu benchmark?
Share your score, we will see how good is ''i'' variant!

fratellos

Aug 8, 2012
"Did you notice any performance related hiccups (maybe when compared to the "old" Krait 300 version)?"
I have some question ... I intend to buy 9195i version, as replacement of my old 9195 ;I do not know if it's worth ...
Thanks !

nick_white

May 14, 2014
Do you have any issues with yours?
There are minor improvements on the i version, but improvements nevertheless, especially regarding battery life.

I get like 4.5 - 5 hours SOT, with bloatware deactivated on i9195, while a coleague with i9195i gets like 7 hours, with bloatware and some 3G. Standby better too. And has other things like multitasking button, ultra power saving.
It's enough to drive my OCD and make me sell my month old one and buy an i version...

fratellos

Aug 8, 2012
Thanks for sharing !
I wonder if quadcore make the difference ... I don't like the lag present on my old S4 mini in some apps ;
especially for back command.
I bought for my son S3 Neo and it seems to respond much faster ; no lag at all.

ohphelia

Mar 18, 2012
Chimera tool claims support for our i9195i
Is this tool for rooting too? Did anybody try it?

I also received a i9195i and when I tried the other root method I got the message about "Could not do normal boot. ODIN MODE" when trying to get to recovery mode.
After some more trying it wouldn't boot at all until I finally did a complete flash of the original firmware.

I was going to try chimera, but after installing I checked out the pricing/credits structure and think I will keep looking unless someone else can confirm for certain that it works.

Last edited:

Konstan

Jun 16, 2015
rooted

I also received a i9195i and when I tried the other root method I got the message about "Could not do normal boot. ODIN MODE" when trying to get to recovery mode.
After some more trying it wouldn't boot at all until I finally did a complete flash of the original firmware.

I was going to try chimera, but after installing I checked out the pricing/credits structure and think I will keep looking unless someone else can confirm for certain that it works.

I rooted mine with last kingroot.apk. Now i want to put clockworkmod recovery. If somebody found a way please post it.

oneearleft

Jan 16, 2013
Last edited:

Konstan

Jun 16, 2015
Is this rooting method really for i9195i (and not some other Samsung Galaxy s4 mini version)?
The model is not listed here: http://xdaforums.com/android/general/list-kingroot-support-samsung-t3107637
Could you please confirm that Settings>About device>Model number is GT-I9195I? Thx
Yes my friend it is the GT-i9195i with 4.4.4. I bought it last week.
When i run the app told me that is not support this model but i can try to root anyway. I tried it and the root was successful.
Now i want some way to backup the rom or to put clockworkmod recovery better.

Reactions: oneearleft

Paul_Axe

Jul 4, 2015
Yes my friend it is the GT-i9195i with 4.4.4. I bought it last week.
When i run the app told me that is not support this model but i can try to root anyway. I tried it and the root was successful.
Now i want some way to backup the rom or to put clockworkmod recovery better.

Not sure about CWM, but there is TWRP recovery available http_://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=667422&view=findpost&p=41273704

J6B

Mar 1, 2008
rooted mine too

I rooted the brand new gt-i9195i of my wife successfully with kingroot (KingRoot4.1-release-20150703-for-xda).
The first try were unsuccessfull, but the second one worked fine.

cu

Reactions: oneearleft

p der pan

Feb 1, 2011
kingroot also work for me BUT

kingroot also work for me but I have Problems with Titanium (Batch does not work/ Sometimes second try for single Backup or Restore)

Has anyone found a working recovery now?

anybody tried this? http_://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=667422&st=0#entry41273704 (don't understand russian :( )

Is the root permanent or only until next reboot?
The root is permanent

Please keep this Thread up to date if anyone finds a solution.
Thanks in advance :D

Last edited:

p der pan

Feb 1, 2011
Did you also install SuperSU (replacing the Kingroot one)?
No, I tried to overinstall the SuperSU but this ended up with "ONLY DOWNLOAD ODIN MODE". I have to flash StockROM with ODIN.
I use the "Kinguser" to apply ROOT Permissions.

Did you use the Android app (that doesn't trigger Knox) or the desktop app (that does)?
Not sure if "Kinguser" or "Purify" (wich was also comes with KingRoot) killed the KNOX. there came a MessageBox to uninstall KNOX.
After Rooting I uninstalled KingRoot

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I9195I CM Porting

Just got an S4 mini, to discover it's the superior yet unsupported serranoveltexx I9195I. **** if I'm gonna run stock ROM on this.

Let's get CM support going, I'm pitching in. I'm a full-stack developer with experience in hardware hacking and embedded devices (mostly OpenWRT routers). I've never done any Android/CM work, but I can definitely help out given some experienced CM devs guidance.

So, bottom line, I'm in.
    Yup, looks like a new variant is coming. With a 64-bit Snapdragon 410 CPU. Kernel sources are already available on OSRC.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=7666&view=1&c=samsung_gt-i9195i_galaxy_s4_mini_plus_4g_lte
    Ok... as I'm apparently so new to the forum that they will not allow me to post actual links, you'll have to post the URLs into your browser's address bar, but...

I ran across CM11 for the i9192i (as apparently developed by Strony et. al.) on this Russian forum. (Perhaps we could offer to make a couple donations if they would be willing to iron out a dedicated i9195i port?).

CM11:
    4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=667422&st=620

There is a kernel available here (which first led me to believe the kernel may be common or at least really similar between these two devices). I know it says serranove3gxx, but you'll see it says it's for our device (serranoveltexx) as well. I have not installed it to confirm, however. (Thanks should go to alexax66 for this one).

Kit Kat Custom Kernel:
    github.com/alexax66/KK_kernel_serranove3g

Additionally... There are lots of good resources here on this forum under the following thread by Droidking18:

Custom Recoveries and multiple other resources:
    xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-mini/general/index-galaxy-s4-mini-i9195i-t3283053

I can confirm that the CWM recovery at the thread address above (as flashed with Odin 3.10.7) does indeed work.

And lastly...

I haven't looked too far into this to see what it would necessitate (certainly the raw materials for building CM which as far as I know must be obtained from their github??), but there are some good guides out there on how to brew up your own CM for your S4 mini in Linux.

Protocol for making your own CM (I think I ran across some others as well):
    https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_serranoltexx

I'm going to get some Mexican food. Will check back later. Good luck. :laugh:

Matt
    So it looks like these guys are making progress...

I'm not sure this would work for the i9195i, but from what I understand, the kernel may be the same/interchangeable and the hardware is supposedly similar.

Can anyone offer some insight?
    So, I've tried CM11 in my I9195i. Good new ! CM 11 work perfectly on my device !
    But the I9192i have dual Sim so my SIM Card is not fully recognized so data not work... But it's a good new for I9195i users [emoji1]

Envoyé de mon GT-I9195I en utilisant Tapatalk
    So it looks like these guys are making progress...

I'm not sure this would work for the i9195i, but from what I understand, the kernel may be the same/interchangeable and the hardware is supposedly similar.

Can anyone offer some insight?