Opengapps crashing lineageOS setup

Search This thread

daloonik

Sep 5, 2016
I have a samsung galaxy s4 mini G19195 serranoltexx and I can install the latest lineage os nightly build (20171103) for this phone no problem. But as soon as I try flashing open G apps I get a "System Setup keeps crashing" error notification and no matter how many times I click on "close application" this error keeps popping up.
It's very frustrating as I would like to use Gapps but I'm not even sure what the problem is. Am I flashing the correct version of openGapps? Is this a bug with openGapps or LineageOS? It's very frustrating as there are many versions of openGapps available for download but no clear guide on which exact version I should download.

Reactions: yahiahedna

yahiahedna

Nov 2, 2017
The same problm
I deleted the lineage os. & replaced with resurrection remix 5.8.4.
I am getting problms with battry

If you want to keep using lineage os. Instal the os without installing gapps.
After make sur that the os fully installed then install gapps and update service Google play
Injoy

daloonik

Sep 5, 2016
@bierma32 Yes that's what I tried. Except that the Open Gapps version (both nano and pico) would crash the Lineage OS setup and I would get into an error notification loop. Anyway I ended up foregoing Google Apps and using Aptoide instead. I just would like to know where I should report this bug because it's unclear if it's an Open Gapps problem or Lineage OS problem.

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
daloonik;74426452 [user=8691966 said:
@yahiahedna[/user] Even after completing the setup for Lineage OS and flashing gapps I still had the Google apps crashing error

It doesn't sound like you are flashing them together before booting . Flash LOS then Gapps and only then boot to system setup otherwise the permissions are not set, and you will get problem what you describe @yahiahedna

Last edited:

yahiahedna

Nov 2, 2017
Download official linageos 14
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-mini/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-14-0-s4-mini-3g-lte-t3471761
Then download gapps
1) wipe the data & cash. flash the lineage zip.
2) reboot your phone & complete installation
Make sure that the lineage fully started and runs without problems
3) reboot your phone into recovery mode
& flash the gapps without wiping cash or data.
Shut your device on and sign in into Google account.
Notes:
Use arm gapps for arm device.
Use twrp recovery. Bcs cwmr 6.0.4.7 is incompatible with gapps

Last edited:
Reactions: Samyrr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a samsung galaxy s4 mini G19195 serranoltexx and I can install the latest lineage os nightly build (20171103) for this phone no problem. But as soon as I try flashing open G apps I get a "System Setup keeps crashing" error notification and no matter how many times I click on "close application" this error keeps popping up.
    It's very frustrating as I would like to use Gapps but I'm not even sure what the problem is. Am I flashing the correct version of openGapps? Is this a bug with openGapps or LineageOS? It's very frustrating as there are many versions of openGapps available for download but no clear guide on which exact version I should download.
    Download official linageos 14
    https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-mini/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-14-0-s4-mini-3g-lte-t3471761
    Then download gapps
    1) wipe the data & cash. flash the lineage zip.
    2) reboot your phone & complete installation
    Make sure that the lineage fully started and runs without problems
    3) reboot your phone into recovery mode
    & flash the gapps without wiping cash or data.
    Shut your device on and sign in into Google account.
    Notes:
    Use arm gapps for arm device.
    Use twrp recovery. Bcs cwmr 6.0.4.7 is incompatible with gapps