Votes: 39 86.7%
  • No, so much bugs

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Danil_e71

Nov 2, 2012
Semenov
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (LolliPop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

R1A0Jwh.png

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
Kernel source code Github repo.
Device path for CM Github repo.
Vendor path for CM Github repo.
Local manifest for CM Github repo.
Downloads

Current ROM: Here

Google Apps: Here

Installation
  1. Make a backup!
  2. Install recovery here
  3. Reboot into recovery
  4. Wipe data (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    [*]Install the Current ROM
    [*]Optionally install Gapps
    [*]Boot phone into normal mode

Old versions

Most of Android/CyanogenMod is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given and it is not misappropriated as being the official CyanogenMod.

Thanks for support
  • Robert Cosmin Bizon
  • Bajramovic Armin
  • Agesath
  • Gervase Markham
  • MrGoodtunes
  • onnsoft
  • ed38220

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][GT-I9195I][UNOFFICIAL][5.1] CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
Danil_e71, DroidKing18
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/Danile71/[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 060816
Stable Release Date: 2016-08-06

Created 2016-07-14
Last Updated 2016-12-21

Last edited:

Danil_e71

Nov 2, 2012
Semenov
Changelog

1. 14.07.16
    • First release
  2. 17.07.16
    • Increased audio
    • Add NFC
    • Fix video camera
    • Some changes with CPU freq
  3. 25.07.16
    • Added Dolby Atmos
    • Removed AudioFX
    • Added app for IR remote)
    • Changing volume then calling
    • touchscreen thenfix
    • not fixed offline charging(phone charging but do not dispay it)

4. 05.08.16
    • Offline charging

Last edited:

Daspidey1984

Dec 12, 2015
Copying my earlier post in the cm11 thread here.

Just installed the new version. Everything looks smooth.
Calls working
USB MTP connection working
Wifi working
Mobile Data Working

Only bug found:
When in video call session, front cam gives a greenish color while back cam doesn't work at all. Any suggestions?

davsebamse

Jul 4, 2016
To install recovery, is using ODIN the only way? (I have not access to a windows computer at the moment)

Is it possible i use fastboot?

And thank you for your work!

CostasV23

Sep 22, 2013
To install recovery, is using ODIN the only way? (I have not access to a windows computer at the moment)

Is it possible i use fastboot?

And thank you for your work!

Download the twrp.img from twrp site preferably 3.0.20 and then install flashify and flash the .IMG file this works with no pc and only if you have SuperSU installed and root access. Hope I helped

nemuro

Apr 2, 2010
I used flashfire on google play (free) and flashed recovery twrp.

After that, reboot in recovery and flash the rom. I had to first do a wipe/cache wipe before it installed the cm12 without issues.

Then you install gapps, reboot and be patient.

CostasV23

Sep 22, 2013
turns out i needed the twrp file of danil to work installed fine now. Upon boot i got a kernel is not seandroid enforcing . Set warranty bit: kernel then it proceeded to start booting is it normal?

Last edited:

davsebamse

Jul 4, 2016
Downloaded latest twrp from their page.

However I did follow the guide of how to install from another version of twrp. That did not work!

So I had to use Odin to flash the lastest twrp to my phone.

I cannot install the package as well, because is says the package is for serranoveltexx you have serranovelte

I can install the CM11 just fine.

Danil_e71

Nov 2, 2012
Semenov

However I did follow the guide of how to install from another version of twrp. That did not work!

I cannot install the package as well, because is says the package is for serranoveltexx you have serranovelte

Installing recovery_work.zip for CM12 is necessarily!!

New recovery cnahges:
Changed name from serranovelte to serranoveltexx, because my build have serranoveltexx name.
New recovery installing:
  1. Put recovery_work.zip to Micro SD(or Phone memory)
  2. Reboot recovery, install recovery_work.zip
  3. Reboot recovery
  4. And now you can install CM12.

Reactions: CostasV23

CostasV23

Sep 22, 2013

You must install the recovery file danil provides on his first post
then it works like a charm

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Installing recovery_work.zip for CM12 is necessarily!!

New recovery cnahges:
Changed name from serranovelte to serranoveltexx, because my build have serranoveltexx name.
New recovery installing:
  1. Put recovery_work.zip to Micro SD(or Phone memory)
  2. Reboot recovery, install recovery_work.zip
  3. Reboot recovery
  4. And now you can install CM12.
i got a set warranty bit kernel error on first boot then it begun normally is it ok?

davsebamse

Jul 4, 2016
Thank you. That did the trick

To summerize the neeeded steps for anyone that needs it:

1. Root device
2. Install TWRP
2.5 boot to recovery
3. Install recovery_work.zip
4. Reboot to recovery
5. Install CM12
6. Install GApps
7. Boot to system
8. Enjoy the good work by Danil_e71

CostasV23

Sep 22, 2013
Bug reporting :
Phone reboots at random intervals when enabling disabling WiFi or data from status bar . Sometimes the fb messenger app can't connect to Internet while the phone can . Other issue is audio fx that cuts out every audio output when on so it must be disabled and last applications such as fb messenger notification sounds are way waaayy lower than they should be . This much I have so far . Pretty stable nonetheless
Another thing is it drains battery fast don't know if needs calibration for first time and another important thing is that if the phone sits with closed screen for too long or you were doing something hardware demanding before locking screen the phone doesn't respond to button presses for 5 minutes.

Last edited:

CostasV23

Sep 22, 2013
Danil if you can boost the sound for application notifications such as fb messenger and in audio calls . both are low especially notification sounds . in call Audio needs a boost cause in louder environments you can't hear anything even at max volume

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Also folders are 2x2 and are small scrollable squares and there is no option to change that so yeah take a look into that also

Danil_e71

Nov 2, 2012
Semenov
Danil if you can boost the sound for application notifications such as fb messenger and in audio calls . both are low especially notification sounds . in call Audio needs a boost cause in louder environments you can't hear anything even at max volume

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Also folders are 2x2 and are small scrollable squares and there is no option to change that so yeah take a look into that also

Ok)tomorrow i'll to try fixit)

CostasV23

Sep 22, 2013
So Danil super serious bug needs immediate fix . When the phone is turned off it can't charge . It shows the warranty bit kernel error and it doesn't begin to charge . If you can fix it would be perfect

nemuro

Apr 2, 2010
So far, I can confirm the battery drain, it does drain quite faster than stock, but it gets easily through a day with low to moderate use.
Although it's quite snappy, Youtube video playback on Chrome has the video and audio out of sync. Video moves slower.
Add-on dictionaries for other languages wouldn't list additional languages I could install work for the stock keyboard so I had to reinstall google keyboard from google play, and then it worked.
I can confirm IR Blaster works for me as well.

later edit: Don't think it's a bug but an issue of CM12 in itself, I can't seem to use the phone and camera shortcuts on the lockscreen. Although I start swiping from a corner it doesn't always register the swipe, and when I finally nail it, it sometimes decides not to launch the phone or camera, This happens especially with the camera.

P.S. Any way of disabling the need to swipe twice to access quick settings in the notification drawer?It's super annoying.
I mean other than the shortcuts in the corner. I would like to always show the quick settings when I open the notifications drawer.

P.S.2 Although I am all into this google material design, damn it has a crapload of colors, it's like a skittles UI. Wished CM had an option to stick to one-two colors max

Last edited:

CostasV23

Sep 22, 2013
So far, I can confirm the battery drain, it does drain quite faster than stock, but it gets easily through a day with low to moderate use.
Although it's quite snappy, Youtube video playback on Chrome has the video and audio out of sync. Video moves slower.
Add-on dictionaries for other languages wouldn't list additional languages I could install work for the stock keyboard so I had to reinstall google keyboard from google play, and then it worked.
I can confirm IR Blaster works for me as well.

later edit: Don't think it's a bug but an issue of CM12 in itself, I can't seem to use the phone and camera shortcuts on the lockscreen. Although I start swiping from a corner it doesn't always register the swipe, and when I finally nail it, it sometimes decides not to launch the phone or camera, This happens especially with the camera.

P.S. Any way of disabling the need to swipe twice to access quick settings in the notification drawer?It's super annoying.
I mean other than the shortcuts in the corner. I would like to always show the quick settings when I open the notifications drawer.

P.S.2 Although I am all into this google material design, damn it has a crapload of colors, it's like a skittles UI. Wished CM had an option to stick to one-two colors max

Lockscreen shortcuts work for me . Also about colours change to a theme you like in theme engine . Google keyboard is better than the aosp that's for sure . I only use YouTube app which works great . Only thing it doesn't have cardboard mode that is compatible with phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (LolliPop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

R1A0Jwh.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
    Kernel source code Github repo.
    Device path for CM Github repo.
    Vendor path for CM Github repo.
    Local manifest for CM Github repo.
    Downloads

Current ROM: Here

Google Apps: Here

Installation
    1. Make a backup!
    2. Install recovery here
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. Wipe data (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
      [*]Install the Current ROM
      [*]Optionally install Gapps
      [*]Boot phone into normal mode

Old versions

Most of Android/CyanogenMod is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given and it is not misappropriated as being the official CyanogenMod.

Thanks for support
    • Robert Cosmin Bizon
    • Bajramovic Armin
    • Agesath
    • Gervase Markham
    • MrGoodtunes
    • onnsoft
    • ed38220

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][GT-I9195I][UNOFFICIAL][5.1] CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    Danil_e71, DroidKing18
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/Danile71/[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 060816
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-06

Created 2016-07-14
    Last Updated 2016-12-21
    CM-13
    Bugly)And now i'm fixing it)
    CM13
    +network
    +sounds
    +nfc
    +bluetooth
    +wifi
    CM 12.1
    • +fixed offline charging(display this, when phone switched off)
    Download
    CM13 now loading)But have many reboots)