LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.
LineageOS 14.1 Install Guide
Note: LOS for Galaxy S4 Mini is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.
Download LOS-14.1 and gapps zips and put in /sdcard
- GT-I9190: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/89zt...u/lineage-14.1
- GT-I9192: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/x7wo...g/lineage-14.1
- GT-I9195: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/g79a...e/lineage-14.1
- Google Apps (Use pico, nano or micro package)
Before you install LOS-14.1: Preparation (Optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)
- Install Easy Backup & Restore from Market, run it and backup your stuff.
- Boot into recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
- I suggest using TWRP from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...2-1-0-t3736888
For migration from unofficial to official builds, see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/c...gration_build/
- Boot into recovery.
- Wipe data and cache.
- Flash lineage-14*.zip.
- Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to LOS-14.1 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
- Reboot phone.
- After you setup your Google account, reinstall Easy Backup & Restore from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
- Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
- If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
- It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
Upgrades from previous versions of LOS-14.1 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between LOS-14.1 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.
- serrano3gxx LineageOS wiki
- serranodsdd LineageOS wiki
- serranoltexx LineageOS wiki
- Jira issue tracker
DO NOT REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLY BUILDS!
- Source repos:
Q: How the heck do I get root?
A: Download and flash addonsu package: https://download.lineageos.org/extras
Goto Settings and About Phone. Tap Build number 7 times. Go back and enter
Developer options. Change Root access to desired method.
To remove root, download and flash addonsu-remove package
Use this for obtaining logs.
For nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!
Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
Everyone that donated beers
The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!