[ROM] [5.1.1] WizCyan S6 Edge ROM Reborn 21-March-2016

Search This thread

g2435

Jan 5, 2013
Topeka
I'm liking this rom alot! I just wish there was an option to update prl&... I can't remember lol
ce5a3f509d1d6756291ee7ed4ff03543.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Teknician

May 7, 2006
Loudonville
My LTE and radio Icons go dark once in a while, but didn't hurt anything. My GPS needs data and I never lost any mapping. I did however restore my stock rooted OH1 TW and did a PRL update to 55030. That may help until a remedy is found to update on this Rom. I am still running this and it's been damn stable.

Reactions: Nana Ayeh and g2435

g2435

Jan 5, 2013
Topeka
Did anyone get LTE? I switched the apn to the modified one and I can't get LTE

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sterist

Sep 30, 2011
Galaxy S, quadrant 2
don't shoot me for asking lol but is this really a 5.1.1 rom? as far as I know arter never made xposed for it and that's what version is installed

in the past I have seen and used roms that largely implemented parts from a newer Android version, but they weren't labeled to be the new version -- but as a hybrid instead

Reactions: pontif

Tquarter

Aug 4, 2012
anyone have this rom working with freedom pop service? (sprint towers) . If so, any issues switching to / from... premium voice/wifi/3g? thanks to anyone with info.

badboyblue

Mar 25, 2012
Just let you guys know, I tried to flash this rom on I337M (Canadian S4) and it worked perfectly, the camera worked and not up side down like Albe95 Full S6/Edge Plus Port 4.6 rom made for I9505.

Just a quick question, every time rebooting it always show "android is upgrading...." Starting apps, how to get rid of this in order to boot the phone faster?

Thanks Nana

Last edited:

Nana Ayeh

Feb 7, 2015
Kumasi
Just let you guys know, I tried to flash this rom on I337M (Canadian S4) and it worked perfectly, the camera worked and not up side down like Albe95 Full S6/Edge Plus Port 4.6 rom made for I9505.

Just a quick question, every time rebooting it always show "android is upgrading...." Starting apps, how to get rid of this in order to boot the phone faster?

Thanks Nana

I'm glad you like the ROM. The "android is upgrading" thing happens even in Albe95 I9505 ROM every time you boot but you do not see it. It happens in the background. Attempts to get rid of it also raised a few issues in the ROM. I am going to PM you a new ROM I have cooked and then you let me know about your camera issue. That one has no android is upgrading issues on every boot. It's hidden.

Reactions: badboyblue

badboyblue

Mar 25, 2012
I'm glad you like the ROM. The "android is upgrading" thing happens even in Albe95 I9505 ROM every time you boot but you do not see it. It happens in the background. Attempts to get rid of it also raised a few issues in the ROM. I am going to PM you a new ROM I have cooked and then you let me know about your camera issue. That one has no android is upgrading issues on every boot. It's hidden.

The camera is working fine (no up side down) and there is no anoying android is upgrading poping up.

I open the launcher settings but bg. How to fix?
A. Open launcher settings then enable "power saving" voice. Exit from the settings then re-enter in it and disable "power saving" voice. You will see the text in white now
-After reboot, Open the launcher setting they have black text on black again, can you fix it?
-S-voice is crashed when open it to set up "ufortunately S voice has stopped"==> previous rom is ok

Thanks Nana for your nice rom, keep it up.

Last edited:

akaTRAP

Mar 2, 2014
Anyone getting LTE with this ROM? I tried the latest one from Mega and had no LTE on Sprint but had 3G just fine.

makskylan

Mar 16, 2009
Marion, Ohio
I installed this earlier and I did not have any data signal. No 3G or LTE. I was able to send messages and make calls. I am running the OD2 modem. I did a clean flash.
Thanks for any help..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is fully based on @JASONRR SuperWizCyan v2.7 ROM. I did a few personal modifications for my personal use and I felt that sharing it with the XDA community will be fun. I have JASONRR's permission to share this work with the Sprint S4 Variant but runs smoothly also on M919 and I9505. My testers have tested on the listed devices with no issues.

Thanks to:
    @JASONRR
    @Albe95
    @HITMAN-CREED
    @ManuProN5
    @slim80
    @Greatness_GH
    @kwadwoGH

Changelog
    • Marshamllow 6.0.1 TW icons -thanks to @ManuProN5 and @ANDiTKO
    • Added Marshamallow 6.0.1 TW Browser by default
    • Added Acuweather widget
    • Removed Nova Launcher
    • Replaced Official Note 5 File Manager with the default one
    • Themed Dialer like S7 -thnks to @Albe95
    • Themed Messaging App like S7
    • Reorganized Launcher Items
    • Fully fixed play store bug
    • Added S6 Edge Features by default
    • Added all bug fixes by JASONRR
    • Live TW 6.0.1 Launcher Clock Fix added. Thanks @JASONRR

PROS
    You have the beauty of TW 6.0.1 icons and the goodness of a light, fast and battery friendly ROM.
    All sensors are working with Zero bugs
    Screen mirroring and side sync [Play Store] is working like charm
    Battery life is super even with default kernel settings. Allow 24 hours for ROM to settle
    Essential Apps have been added by default 714 mega bytes

Caution: Disable Diagnostic Data during setup or you go to settings >Privacy and Safety > Turn Off "Report Diagnostic Info" to have a stable network connection.

Screenshots

How to Add APP DRAWER to 6.0.1 Marshmallow Touchwiz Launcher
    Step 1
    PhotoGrid_1458520000083.jpg

Step 2
    PhotoGrid_1458520030792.jpg

Step 3
    PhotoGrid_1458520053399.jpg

Step 4
    PhotoGrid_1458520129014.jpg

Step 5
    PhotoGrid_1458520256161.jpg

Samsung Account Disabled Fix

Do not panic. This is bcause the ROM is debloated and as a result by defaullt SCloud files are removed. Flash Addons via recovery in Download Section above and select SCloud to enable Samsung Account (SCloud) so that you can install themes and also use SHealth.

REMEMBER TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.
    New ROM is ready! Its fully uploaded on mega. OP should be updated soon. Those who want to test should send me a PM.
    There is no option to update PRL.
    In the notification area it says there is a voicemail when there isn't one.

Ok. Will look into it.
    Replaced my apns-conf.xml with a modified, in the system/etc folder and LTE works perfect. I renamed the old with a .bak extension.
    https://app.box.com/s/52m82fhx33azvtudzxu3he4endqgs5xw