[ROM][TAR] Stock NG2 Odin flashable

Search This thread

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
odin failing please help

ok so long story short. husbands phone wouldnt work with amazon app store. so he asked me to upgrade. I tried to upgrade with kies and even though kies said it had the newest firmware eveyrthing still reported nae instead of ng2. SOOO I decided to just odin ng2. did it and phone booted but alas everything was still the same. still no ng2 sooo I tried again and now everytime I try odin either freezes after a few seconds or continues to the end and than fails. I have tried numerous versions of odin and have factory cable..
can anyone help??? if I try to boot the phone it says upgrade encountered a problem use kies and do a recovery but kies does not appear to recognize the phone as it says not support phone :(
please help

kz6fittycent

Sep 1, 2011
Murfreesboro, TN
Not working....

You will get the KNOX bootloader if you flash this.
YOU CANNOT UNDO THIS, ITS PERMANENT. FLASHING ANYTHING UNOFFICIAL AFTER FLASHING THIS TAR WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY

Just the NG2 FULL stock tar.

Do NOT rename the tar file. Even though it may be convenient to do so, Odin may fail the md5 check for no reason.
(L720VPUFNG2_L720SPTFNG2_L720VPUFNG2_HOME.tar.md5)
This is NOT ROOTED. Its the original TAR file for people who need an Emergency Recovery for their phones, and dont want to wait hours for it to download from slow file hosts.

Mediafire

Instructions:
1. Download and Extract tar above and download Odin
2. Put phone into download mode (power off, then power button + Volume Down, then volume up when prompted)
3. Open Odin (right click > open as administrator)
4. Load stock tar into the PDA slot
5. Start flashing
6. Grab some popcorn because it will take a while
7. Profit

I cannot get it to work with Odin 3.07 or 3.09. Each time there is an issue with the file name. I didn't rename anything as per the instructions but I am beginning to think it has something to do with the .md5 at the end of the name...any advice?

****EDIT****

It was the directory! I was trying to use everything from the E drive. Moved everything to the Desktop and it all worked. Go figure.

Thanks for the great work.

Last edited:

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Yes

SKNur2l.jpg

Reactions: 2WhiteWolves

faststang00

Nov 3, 2008
guys please help!! im going to give my s4 to my mom so I flashed this through odin with out issues. Booted up fine but has this "zact mobile" thing I never heard of. It does not allow me to use internet, data with out activating it and when I try to activate it, it says it cant. Im having a really hard time with this. I have sphl720 through sprint.

flashthis

Mar 7, 2014
I had the same issue. After odin I get zact popup and com.android.phone has stopped. That message repeats everytime i hit ok. I tried to odin a different tar and then odin to the new od2 tar. now any tw rom comes up with zact and the com. message repeatedly. Aosp roms work fine. Ive tried every kind of wipe there is and i cant get anything to work because the message keeps coming up stopping me from doing anything but one button press between ok's. i tried everything ive found in my research and nothing is fixing it. Am i stuck with only aosp roms until i get a new phone now? why is zact coming up on all tw roms now that never had it before? Please help.

bilgerryan

I had the same issue. After odin I get zact popup and com.android.phone has stopped. That message repeats everytime i hit ok. I tried to odin a different tar and then odin to the new od2 tar. now any tw rom comes up with zact and the com. message repeatedly. Aosp roms work fine. Ive tried every kind of wipe there is and i cant get anything to work because the message keeps coming up stopping me from doing anything but one button press between ok's. i tried everything ive found in my research and nothing is fixing it. Am i stuck with only aosp roms until i get a new phone now? why is zact coming up on all tw roms now that never had it before? Please help.
Delete system/priv-app/ItsOn.apk and the corresponding .odex file and reboot. It's all explained in the link above your post.

SKNur2l.jpg

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
everytime I try to help my husband with his phone it never works ;(. I downloaded the ng2 file and started odin in admin mode and put phone in download mode and put the file in the ap slot and it starts and after 2 files it fails. I have downloaded the file 2 times with same results.. any thoughts???

bilgerryan

everytime I try to help my husband with his phone it never works ;(. I downloaded the ng2 file and started odin in admin mode and put phone in download mode and put the file in the ap slot and it starts and after 2 files it fails. I have downloaded the file 2 times with same results.. any thoughts???
Take a Screenshots of Settings/About Device.

SKNur2l.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will get the KNOX bootloader if you flash this.
    YOU CANNOT UNDO THIS, ITS PERMANENT. FLASHING ANYTHING UNOFFICIAL AFTER FLASHING THIS TAR WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY

Just the NG2 FULL stock tar.

Do NOT rename the tar file. Even though it may be convenient to do so, Odin may fail the md5 check for no reason.
    (L720VPUFNG2_L720SPTFNG2_L720VPUFNG2_HOME.tar.md5)
    This is NOT ROOTED. Its the original TAR file for people who need an Emergency Recovery for their phones, and dont want to wait hours for it to download from slow file hosts.

Mediafire

Instructions:
    1. Download and Extract tar above and download Odin
    2. Put phone into download mode (power off, then power button + Volume Down, then volume up when prompted)
    3. Open Odin (right click > open as administrator)
    4. Load stock tar into the PDA slot
    5. Start flashing
    6. Grab some popcorn because it will take a while
    7. Profit
    sorry for this stupid quastion , but will I be able to flash a custom recovery after flashing this image?
    Thank you,

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

You will need to re-root the phone after installing this file! Then you will be able to install a custom recovery..
    Software version: L720VPUFNG2
    Hardware: L720.08
    model: SPH-L720
    Android version: 4.4.2
    Baseband version: L720VPUFNG2
    Kernal version: 3.4.0-2162929
    Build number: KOT49H.L720VPUFNG2

SE for android status
    Enforcing
    SEPF_SPH-L720_4.4.2_0018
    Security software version: MDF v1.0 Release 2

It appears to be NG2 -- I'm just trying to get this phone back to stock and get wifi -- I bought it in boot loop and I don't have a Sprint sim or service.
    Try Odining OD2 or OH1.

IWSJX5e.jpg
    Thanks.

I double flashed this NG2 and I don't get WiFi. Any suggestions?
    What is your baseband in Settings/About Device? I'm guessing it's not NG2.

IWSJX5e.jpg
    I just flashed this rom through odin and it didn't wipe any of my programs, isn't is supposed to?

Nope. it doesn't wipe data unless stated by the OP that it does. It only restores any apps deleted, or reverses any mods made. Example if you are running Aosp and Odin back to stock. You will get bootloop. After Odin always go to stock recovery and do a factory reset to have a clean install.

Sent from my SPH-L720