FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: DID IT WORK AND WILL YOU DONATE ?

YES IT WORKED AND I WILL DONATE

1 Vote(s)
8.33%
YES IT WORKED BUT I CANT DONATE

3 Vote(s)
25.00%
NO IT DID NOT WORK (PLEASE MAKE CHECK YOUR WORK)

8 Vote(s)
66.67%

S4 SPRINT UNLOCK L720/l720t full gsm 4G/LTE unlock att/tm/international!!!!!

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By nfsmww, Member on 29th August 2015, 06:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please wait for tomorrow I will post a video and also a Lolipop rom since everyone wants it
THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING OFF YOUR DEVICE
AND IF YOU HAVE L720T ONLY WITH 5.0 OR HIGHER THIS WONT WORK FOR YOU SORRY
i also have the unlock for the lg g2 HERE
and also the lg g3 HERE

lets start with
(DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS FOR ANY REASON )
first if you have l720 you need to be on version 4.4.2 or lower if not you have to downgrade from HERE
if you are l720t with lollipop then you are out of luck

SO YOU WILL NEED COUPLE OF THINGS
FIRST LETS START WITH FILES YOU NEED ON YOUR COMPUTER
1.odin
2.l720:ROOT (IMPOTANT) YOU WILL NOW WHY

l720t:
ROOT (IMPOTANT) YOU WILL NOW WHY

2.TWRP (SAME ONE FOR BOTH DEVICES)

3.for l720:
SPH-L720_MDC_Modem.tar.md5

for l720t:
SPH-L720t_mk5_Modem.tar

2nd what you will need on your device
1.SSU.apk
2.stock m919 rom (this is important for 4g/lte)
(this will also make your phone 100% stock tm)
alright lets start
first flash the modem and the root though odin
turn off the phone then press and hold the vol- and home and power and the same time then press vol+ when it ask you to continue
then plug in the phone to the pc

put the root in the PDA/AP selection
and put the modem in the "phone" selection and press start wait for it
you phone should reboot into a red screen wait for it to finish it will reboot by it self.
now open the supersu and disable Knox(important) if you don't you will have problems in the service later on
now install SSU.apk and open it and tap "UNLOCK"
now go to dialer and dial *#0011#
now it should go into a page with writing on it now tap menu and select back <-(do this twice)
now tap menu and tape key input and put a capital Q
and tap OK
now tap menu again and tap key input and put 0000 (four zeros) and tap OK
and wait for a new screen to come on
now tap umts
(to go back tap menu then back (DO NOT PRESS THE BACK BUTTON))

UMTS Main Menu
1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 1 DRX Control = GSM DRX: ON / LTE DRX: Enables RX0 and RX1
1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 2 Fake Security Control = ON
1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 1 Ciphering Control = OFF
1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 2 Integrity Control = ON
1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 3 Sim Class Control = UMTS
1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 5 RRC(HSPA) Contrl -> 2 Change Revision -> 5 Release 8 (HSPA+)
1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 7 NAS Avoid Security Control = 2 Security_check: OFF
1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 8 BIP Block = 2 BIP Unblocking: set 1
1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 5 Simulation -> 2 SW Watchdog <--hit this 6 times
1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 5 Simulation -> 3 HW Watchdog <--hit this 6 times
then go back to the first page and tape CDMA then common then tap next page twice then tap 8 pref mod set and tap 2 GSM_WCDA
now reboot
Congrats
now your phone is unlock but only 3g
so now make sure your phone picks up signal before keep going
now comes the 4g/lte part
make sure you have the rom on the phone
now go into download mode again and put the TWRP.tar into the PDA/AP selection and uncheck autoreboot
now hit start and wait for the loading to finish after it says PASS
now take out your battery and wait 10 sec then put it in then press vol+ and home and power at the same time now you should see TWRP screen wait then tap wipe then slide to factory reset then press home then tap install the choose the m919 rom that you have downloaded then slide to install
after its done tape wipe cache/devilk then slid to wipe the just restart your device
Congrats now your phone is fully unlock with 4g/lte and you should be set for life
please donate
paypal: [email protected]
their you have it , have fun guys
IF YOU HAVE L720 AND YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO SPRINT FOR SOME REASON JUST DO THE DOWNGRADE

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nfsmww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nfsmww Ad-Free

30th August 2015, 07:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Error
Thanks for the post, I have been trying this for a few days without success.
I hit a couple of snags after being rooted and installing the modem image as per your instructions.

1. I can't disable knox, are there more details you can provide?
2. ssu doesn't run it says "unfortunately, SSU has stopped".

I went through the dialer options anyway just to see what would happen and it appears that I still get a invalid sim card without the ability to enter the unlock code.

I figured I would do all the steps again in order to have a clean install once it's all tested and working but no luck.

Also in the step where you say "1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 5 Simulation -> 2 SW Watchdog <--hit this 6 times" should I basically exit the dialer with back at that moment since going back many times doesn't get me back to the menu's?

One other question, I see this is android 4.2 if I do a firmware update from T-Mobile taking it to Lollipop will I loose the functionality of the phone/modem?

Thanks!
1st September 2015, 03:07 AM |#3  
OP Member
saint louis

Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMike

Thanks for the post, I have been trying this for a few days without success.
I hit a couple of snags after being rooted and installing the modem image as per your instructions.

1. I can't disable knox, are there more details you can provide?
2. ssu doesn't run it says "unfortunately, SSU has stopped".

I went through the dialer options anyway just to see what would happen and it appears that I still get a invalid sim card without the ability to enter the unlock code.

I figured I would do all the steps again in order to have a clean install once it's all tested and working but no luck.

Also in the step where you say "1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 5 Simulation -> 2 SW Watchdog <--hit this 6 times" should I basically exit the dialer with back at that moment since going back many times doesn't get me back to the menu's?

One other question, I see this is android 4.2 if I do a firmware update from T-Mobile taking it to Lollipop will I loose the functionality of the phone/modem?

Thanks!

Which version are you on and is it L720 or l720t
Disabling k ow is part of supersu so just look up another way to root your device and when you root it it's should ask you if you want to disable know just hit ok and the watchdog thing it's OK just reboot .
1st September 2015, 04:05 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmww

Which version are you on and is it L720 or l720t
Disabling k ow is part of supersu so just look up another way to root your device and when you root it it's should ask you if you want to disable know just hit ok

L720, but it never asked to disable it. Running Android 5.0.1
Also, SSU doesn't run ( I'm guessing in Lollipop ).
1st September 2015, 04:34 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So I got everything working on my L720T.. My only concern is that will I be stuck on 4.3 if I want to keep LTE? I noticed the ROM I installed was actually a T-Mobile rom, any chance I could use a Lollipop T-Mobile ROM? Or is this version made to work with L720/L720T?
1st September 2015, 06:37 PM |#6  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi i bought the s4 at first i didn't know if it was rooted or not but further investigations i found out it was rooted. The phone doesn't have that ssu apk nor superuser.apk which is kinda odd i ran apps that require root access and they worked fine i didn't receive any pop ups to allow access or block. I want to install a rom for which i need to install a recovery now my question is do i have to root again?
Q. How do i know what modem is currently installed ?
Q. Also at first i could see my carrie's name in notification bar now i see sprint is it locked again i can still use my sim and i am getting signals
Pease help i'm new to flashing modems.
Thanks in advance
1st September 2015, 08:37 PM |#7  
OP Member
saint louis

Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by sameer9092

Hi i bought the s4 at first i didn't know if it was rooted or not but further investigations i found out it was rooted. The phone doesn't have that ssu apk nor superuser.apk which is kinda odd i ran apps that require root access and they worked fine i didn't receive any pop ups to allow access or block. I want to install a rom for which i need to install a recovery now my question is do i have to root again?
Q. How do i know what modem is currently installed ?
Q. Also at first i could see my carrie's name in notification bar now i see sprint is it locked again i can still use my sim and i am getting signals
Pease help i'm new to flashing modems.
Thanks in advance

Best thing to do is start over and just follow every step by step you should have unlock just do what I told you in the thread , just go slow step by step I explained everything you Don't need to check anything
1st September 2015, 08:38 PM |#8  
OP Member
saint louis

Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by davorsake

So I got everything working on my L720T.. My only concern is that will I be stuck on 4.3 if I want to keep LTE? I noticed the ROM I installed was actually a T-Mobile rom, any chance I could use a Lollipop T-Mobile ROM? Or is this version made to work with L720/L720T?

You could but the phone is going to lag a lot and freeze my friend did that but sometimes it just freezes
1st September 2015, 08:39 PM |#9  
OP Member
saint louis

Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by MiamiMike

L720, but it never asked to disable it. Running Android 5.0.1
Also, SSU doesn't run ( I'm guessing in Lollipop ).

You need to downgrade from the link I have in the post please guys don't skip steps and read carefully
1st September 2015, 08:43 PM |#10  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
doing the rooting process again won't harm phone right
1st September 2015, 10:57 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmww

You need to downgrade from the link I have in the post please guys don't skip steps and read carefully

I did downgrade the modem 100% as the instructions state, but in the end the sim card doesn't work.
Running Lollipop 5.0.1 SSU won't run, so I can't do the "unlock" part.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)