S4 SPRINT UNLOCK L720/l720t full gsm 4G/LTE unlock att/tm/international!!!!!

DID IT WORK AND WILL YOU DONATE ?

• YES IT WORKED AND I WILL DONATE

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • YES IT WORKED BUT I CANT DONATE

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • NO IT DID NOT WORK (PLEASE MAKE CHECK YOUR WORK)

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
I'm happy to say M919 rom is running smooth, booted right up first try with 4G and text bug of not receiving pics is resolved. This phone now looks & feels like my old Tmob/metro phone and that's kinda amazing to me. Many thanks to op-NFSMWW. :good: :D
As far as trying other roms, I will let this m919 run for a while before I jump to any non-stock roms.
The next thing I would like is to kill any ota-updates, if anyone knows of a quick fix for that.. would like to hear from you. Thanks!
Sweet. Long click on the notification, hit App Info, uncheck notifications (Play Store notifications will not be affected).

IWSJX5e.jpg

Reactions: Snapi2

Snapi2

Dec 26, 2017
Sweet. Long click on the notification, hit App Info, uncheck notifications (Play Store notifications will not be affected).

IWSJX5e.jpg

Thanks, will try that just as soon as I see it pop up. Would that stop updates permanently? Trying to keep it from upgrading so there's no chance of it re-locking. Not sure but I think an ota/lolipop would be a problem. Keeping wifi turned off.

bilgerryan

Thanks, will try that just as soon as I see it pop up. Would that stop updates permanently? Trying to keep it from upgrading so there's no chance of it re-locking. Not sure but I think an ota/lolipop would be a problem. Keeping wifi turned off.
Is it trying to update automatically? If not, that should solve your problem. If it is, search for an apk called fotakill.apk.

IWSJX5e.jpg

Snapi2

Dec 26, 2017
Is it trying to update automatically? If not, that should solve your problem. If it is, search for an apk called fotakill.apk.

IWSJX5e.jpg

No it's not doing anything now, just wanna stop crap happening overnight so I don't wake up to a locked phone. Will definitely check out fotakill, thanks. Will that also help me to debloat? battery life is not so great.

bilgerryan

No it's not doing anything now, just wanna stop crap happening overnight so I don't wake up to a locked phone. Will definitely check out fotakill, thanks. Will that also help me to debloat? battery life is not so great.
Try ROM Toolbox Lite. One of my favorite apps. Make a nandroid backup before attempting to debloat, some apps are linked and can cause problems if you remove them. Also wipe dalvik cache in recovery after removing system apps. Pretty sure this device doesn't have automatic updates, my LG phones definitely did.

IWSJX5e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rana afzal

Tarar

Aug 10, 2014
Islamabad
M919 ROM Freezing and no service.

Hi guys.
M919 Rom is constantly giving me the error com.android.phone is stopped and freezing after every second.
can anyone help me plz?

Reactions: Rana afzal

dfw123

Jun 6, 2013
Hello! Thanks for unlock steps. My samsung S4 is working with Tmobile. but the wireless calling does not work any modification or mod for this? Thanks.

B6000man

Jun 20, 2014
Hi this was very difficult instructions not totally clear enogh, but with multiple instructions online was able to get 4g data connection on m919 with l720t. The problem is I don't want to use a stock rom and no ancient rom either. After unlocking modem I want to use lineage os 16 that is on their website, but when system partition loads to load the OS the Lineage rom never stops loading eventually it goes into recovery mode? How can I get this rom to install after unlocking the modem? Using twrp 3.3.1.1 to install this rom and ogapps and magisk.

dfw123

Jun 6, 2013
Hello! Thanks. I followed instruction and unlocked my phone. Now it is M919 rom android 4.3, baseband L720TVPUAMK5 but it is too old. Many apps are not support. Can I upgrade baseband to PL1 and still unlocked? I flash Lineage 14.1 but can not call out. call immediately drop. Does it support S4 sprint L720T? TMobile signal show on screen. but can not call out and receive call. any suggestion? thx.

Last edited:

AjvarXX

Jun 21, 2013
I'm happy to say M919 rom is running smooth, booted right up first try with 4G and text bug of not receiving pics is resolved.
As far as trying other roms, I will let this m919 run for a while before I jump to any non-stock roms.
The next thing I would like is to kill any ota-updates.
Greetings! I gave L720 S4 to Grandma but would like her to have 4G which doesn't happen (no service if I set to LTE Only). Could you tell the last official ROM which worked great for you? Is it still muniz' OD2 Lollipop rom? Or any other? Link please? Thanks to anyone who answers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please wait for tomorrow I will post a video and also a Lolipop rom since everyone wants it
    THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING OFF YOUR DEVICE
    AND IF YOU HAVE L720T ONLY WITH 5.0 OR HIGHER THIS WONT WORK FOR YOU SORRY
    i also have the unlock for the lg g2 HERE
    and also the lg g3 HERE

lets start with
    (DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS FOR ANY REASON )
    first if you have l720 you need to be on version 4.4.2 or lower if not you have to downgrade from HERE
    if you are l720t with lollipop then you are out of luck

SO YOU WILL NEED COUPLE OF THINGS
    FIRST LETS START WITH FILES YOU NEED ON YOUR COMPUTER
    1.odin
    2.l720:ROOT (IMPOTANT) YOU WILL NOW WHY

l720t:
    ROOT (IMPOTANT) YOU WILL NOW WHY

2.TWRP (SAME ONE FOR BOTH DEVICES)

3.for l720:
    SPH-L720_MDC_Modem.tar.md5

for l720t:
    SPH-L720t_mk5_Modem.tar

2nd what you will need on your device
    1.SSU.apk
    2.stock m919 rom (this is important for 4g/lte)
    (this will also make your phone 100% stock tm)
    alright lets start
    first flash the modem and the root though odin
    turn off the phone then press and hold the vol- and home and power and the same time then press vol+ when it ask you to continue
    then plug in the phone to the pc

put the root in the PDA/AP selection
    and put the modem in the "phone" selection and press start wait for it
    you phone should reboot into a red screen wait for it to finish it will reboot by it self.
    now open the supersu and disable Knox(important) if you don't you will have problems in the service later on
    now install SSU.apk and open it and tap "UNLOCK"
    now go to dialer and dial *#0011#
    now it should go into a page with writing on it now tap menu and select back <-(do this twice)
    now tap menu and tape key input and put a capital Q
    and tap OK
    now tap menu again and tap key input and put 0000 (four zeros) and tap OK
    and wait for a new screen to come on
    now tap umts
    (to go back tap menu then back (DO NOT PRESS THE BACK BUTTON))

UMTS Main Menu
    1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 1 DRX Control = GSM DRX: ON / LTE DRX: Enables RX0 and RX1
    1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 2 Fake Security Control = ON
    1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 1 Ciphering Control = OFF
    1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 2 Integrity Control = ON
    1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 3 Sim Class Control = UMTS
    1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 5 RRC(HSPA) Contrl -> 2 Change Revision -> 5 Release 8 (HSPA+)
    1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 7 NAS Avoid Security Control = 2 Security_check: OFF
    1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 3 Nas Control -> 8 BIP Block = 2 BIP Unblocking: set 1
    1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 5 Simulation -> 2 SW Watchdog <--hit this 6 times
    1 Debug Screen -> 6 Phone Control -> 5 Simulation -> 3 HW Watchdog <--hit this 6 times
    then go back to the first page and tape CDMA then common then tap next page twice then tap 8 pref mod set and tap 2 GSM_WCDA
    now reboot
    Congrats
    now your phone is unlock but only 3g
    so now make sure your phone picks up signal before keep going
    now comes the 4g/lte part
    make sure you have the rom on the phone
    now go into download mode again and put the TWRP.tar into the PDA/AP selection and uncheck autoreboot
    now hit start and wait for the loading to finish after it says PASS
    now take out your battery and wait 10 sec then put it in then press vol+ and home and power at the same time now you should see TWRP screen wait then tap wipe then slide to factory reset then press home then tap install the choose the m919 rom that you have downloaded then slide to install
    after its done tape wipe cache/devilk then slid to wipe the just restart your device
    Congrats now your phone is fully unlock with 4g/lte and you should be set for life :good::good::good::good::good:
    please donate
    paypal: mujtabaalsaegh@gmail.com
    their you have it , have fun guys
    IF YOU HAVE L720 AND YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO SPRINT FOR SOME REASON JUST DO THE DOWNGRADE

I have completed the steps EXACTLY as written twice without success.
    Has anyone been able to accomlish this?

This can be accomplished but not with his guide for he is missing some steps. Most likely copied and pasted from another thread found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2530610

Use this ^ if you wish for a Domestic Unlock and a International Unlock.
    Then if you want 4G LTE just follow this guides flashing of the M919 Stock ROM which is from the T-Mobile Galaxy S4.

Enjoy~
    We're only asking questions that we assume you would have the answer to. No need for hostility.
    Thanks! This worked!!!, a few kinks and I may simply redo the process to be safe since there are a lot of steps.
    If I put lolipop on here will I then trash it?
    Since I'm not at the Ninja level on this, couldn't someone create a AOKP rom with a clean AOSP, drop in the drivers from the sprint phone ( which I beleive are really just the modem ) using the downgraded modem already unlocked and create a custom ROM? Then the user can get the benefits of keeping up with Android updates more frequently while using there hardware on the GSM platform? ( wow thats a long question )

Lollipop will work on it, the latest it has is the OD2 firmware which is Android 5.0.1 if I'm not mistaken. I'm using the exact one and it still works. As for custom roms, you can use any since the modem is just a plugin of a sort. So if you want to do that all you need is to stay on the MDC modem make sure you are unlocked and working with T-Mobile or what ever carrier. THEN flash over to the AOSP/AOKP or what ever rom you want and it should work. The only reason you need to be on stock firmware is to do the Unlocking via Dialer Secret codes. But after that you should be working perfectly fine with AOSP/AOKP. If I remember correctly there should be a GPE (Google Play Edition) rom somewhere in the Dev forum for GS4 have a look around!

Good luck.
    Just to make it clear for people looking at this it's IMPOSSIBLE to get LTE with another provider besides sprint. The phone doesn't physically support the required bands.

Flashing the M919 rom doesn't change anything. There was period of time T-Mobile and AT&T were calling HSDPA 4G which is wrong and leading to the confusion here. HSDPA is a 3G tech.

I'm already unlocked both domestically and internationally. However I only have 3g with cricket using an international TW ROM . If I follow this tutorial, do I have have to stay with that ROM provided? Or can I flash any other TW ROM?
    I have the l720

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It's only possible to have 3G with cricket.