[ROM][JFLTESPR|6.0.1|UNOFFICIAL]CyanogenMod 13

Search This thread

akaTRAP

Mar 2, 2014
Hey guys, do you have any interest in using this rom anymore since CM makes nightlies somewhat now, they are a few days behind lol. My releases will be on random days once a week and I can no longer test, I do not have this phone any longer. Let me know if you guys want me to continue building weeklies or if your just going to swap to CM.

Thank you everyone for your support!
joryb

My honest opinion?

No.

Only because we're now getting official nightlies, which means CM has the resources to do what you can't, meaning you wouldn't have to worry about testing or anything of that nature. You did an amazing job with these unofficial nightlies, and I thank you for it, but since the inconvenience of building and compiling ROMs for us jfspr users is now officially being taken care of by CM, I don't see the need of you worrying about it any longer.

If you for whatever reason choose to, go right on ahead. I just think from a convenience standpoint, I can't think of a reason why you should.

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
Agreed with above. CM13 is now official, I'd leave into them.

If you do choose to continue, make it personal. Fresh. New. Fork their commits and make it your own. This was a great project, but honestly your work is done here. Thank you for your awesome rom!

Jyclop

Jul 2, 2015
So I really need some help!
I'm on forums like this where people just throw around all these things that I know nothing about, and it's really kind of frustrating to get into when I know little about it.
The only custom ROM I've ever installed was CM12 on my Galaxy S3, and that was a couple days of struggling with it, soft-bricking it several times in the process. And I've just never felt comfortable doing custom ROMs without having a clear idea of what I need to do.

So now I have a Sprint (single-band) GS4 and I really would like to upgrade to CM13, because I really do love CM. I'm currently on stock TouchWiz Lollipop WITH ROOT. I been really frustrated recently with how slow TouchWiz is though, so I very much want CM13.
The things I'm worried about:
-I use my GS4 as my main phone, so ideally I want something that's pretty reliable for everyday use, although I really don't mind constantly tweaking stuff.
-My battery life is already very poor (a single charge lasts about a half day of moderate use). Is the CM13 battery life better, worse, or comparable?
-I'm on FreedomPop, and I had a ton of issues with CM12 on my FreedomPop S3.

Is CM13 a good option for me or should I stick with the stock OS?

gregsu13

Mar 13, 2016
Probably going to official CM 13.0

I really appreciate the work you did and enjoyed the ROM a lot - bluetooth would sometimes stop, but otherwise it seemed pretty rock solid.

I say "probably going to official CM 13.0" because being a newb, I cannot figure out where the official release is for our device. Last week CM released the official (cyanogenmod.org blog cm-13-0-release-1, but all I see are nightlies. I don't see the stable release or am I blind? download.cyanogenmod.org device=jfltespr. Or there isn't a stable release yet?

Thanks!

Jyclop

Jul 2, 2015
I really appreciate the work you did and enjoyed the ROM a lot - bluetooth would sometimes stop, but otherwise it seemed pretty rock solid.

I say "probably going to official CM 13.0" because being a newb, I cannot figure out where the official release is for our device. Last week CM released the official (cyanogenmod.org blog cm-13-0-release-1, but all I see are nightlies. I don't see the stable release or am I blind? download.cyanogenmod.org device=jfltespr. Or there isn't a stable release yet?

Thanks!

I think by official, they just mean that they're being made by the official CyanogenMod developers now. They're still nightlies, but they're official nightlies.

joryb

Mar 6, 2011
Indianapolis
My honest opinion?

No.

Only because we're now getting official nightlies, which means CM has the resources to do what you can't, meaning you wouldn't have to worry about testing or anything of that nature. You did an amazing job with these unofficial nightlies, and I thank you for it, but since the inconvenience of building and compiling ROMs for us jfspr users is now officially being taken care of by CM, I don't see the need of you worrying about it any longer.

If you for whatever reason choose to, go right on ahead. I just think from a convenience standpoint, I can't think of a reason why you should.

Right on was just looking for some opinions, I now have a few Nexus devices and moved on from Samsung. Thank you everyone who used and supported my builds, if you are ever needing a non SE-enforcing for various mods CM13 or AOSP MM PM me and I'll share how-to cook them. This project is now closed and official CM13 build can be found at
https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltespr

gregsu13

Mar 13, 2016
I think by official, they just mean that they're being made by the official CyanogenMod developers now. They're still nightlies, but they're official nightlies.

Yeah, I thought so too, but then on the post, they wrote "Update scenario 3: CM 13.0 nightly user
Update steps: Stop. Step away from the phone. Do not flash these builds, you are already on a newer codebase (Android 6.0.1_r22). Attempting to flash these release builds will result in crashes due to attempted database downgrades. Don’t do it.
If you want to swap off nightlies and stick to our release channel, you will have to wipe to take these builds."

So it makes it sound like these are not nightlies but a stable release, but what the hell do I know. Oh well - a stable release has got to be coming soon, right?

life-in-3D

Jan 19, 2013
@joryb, I know you guys said this project had stopped, because CM went official I would like to know if anyone knows whats going on with the CM nightlies the SU binary is out of date and I cannot get the SuperSU app to update it successfully using the "Normal" method or the "TWRP/CWM" one. Any advice would be very much appreciate. My device is an L720t the tri-band model on OD2 Firmware if that makes any difference. TIA.

Edit: Just spotted the "Must Be on OH1" how can I update?

As an aside it detected the Sim fine and all services were working properly with OD2.

Last edited:

joryb

Mar 6, 2011
Indianapolis
@joryb, I know you guys said this project had stopped, because CM went official I would like to know if anyone knows whats going on with the CM nightlies the SU binary is out of date and I cannot get the SuperSU app to update it successfully using the "Normal" method or the "TWRP/CWM" one. Any advice would be very much appreciate. My device is an L720t the tri-band model on OD2 Firmware if that makes any difference. TIA.

Edit: Just spotted the "Must Be on OH1" how can I update?

As an aside it detected the Sim fine and all services were working properly with OD2.

CM uses superuser and its built in, this is why you get the # in the notification bar using CM. SuperSU by chainfire may not work well with CM nightlies. If you are wanting to use SuperSU by chainfire you will need to go with a custom CM build or use an AOSP based rom.

Reactions: life-in-3D

joryb

Mar 6, 2011
Indianapolis
Yeah, I thought so too, but then on the post, they wrote "Update scenario 3: CM 13.0 nightly user
Update steps: Stop. Step away from the phone. Do not flash these builds, you are already on a newer codebase (Android 6.0.1_r22). Attempting to flash these release builds will result in crashes due to attempted database downgrades. Don’t do it.
If you want to swap off nightlies and stick to our release channel, you will have to wipe to take these builds."

So it makes it sound like these are not nightlies but a stable release, but what the hell do I know. Oh well - a stable release has got to be coming soon, right?

Just keep checking daily for a snapshot build, that will be the most stable option.

life-in-3D

Jan 19, 2013
@joryb, thank you very much for the info one more question then, why when I try to use any root application do I get an error saying root does not exist on the device (kernel auditor is the app in question, I didn't see performance settings that are usually built into cm) thanks again very much for the info

Dougrun

Dec 3, 2011
@joryb, thank you very much for the info one more question then, why when I try to use any root application do I get an error saying root does not exist on the device (kernel auditor is the app in question, I didn't see performance settings that are usually built into cm) thanks again very much for the info

try flashing this in recovery. worked for me. although i still get the SU asking to update, i ignore it, status says rooted after i flashed it.
Sorry i cant find the thread to give proper credit for it.

Attachments

• BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 22

life-in-3D

Jan 19, 2013
turns out SU just needed to be enabled in the developer settings! Thanks for the help tho, now my only problem is that phone app works quite poorly... Almost never received incoming calls, when I hang up I get the notification for ongoing call until I reboot, and the audio playback comes only through the earpiece regardless of what is selected (bt, speaker, earpiece) I think it might be because the device is a tri-band model, L720t?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Eternall Love

Mar 4, 2016
harrisburg
I have a question for you. Seeing as Android N will be done within a couple of months and will probably be out running on some devices.

Would you be willing to port it to the s4? I had the idea after seeing how much work you put into making this one, and this was the most successful rom I've used on my s4 before CM nightlies (yeah didn't like the others).

If you are willing to work on it once it's out and about, I'd be glad to beta test it, currently using my secondary s4 as my main rather than the sprint one. If so let me know.

victr10

May 27, 2016
good afternoon I have a problem with my modem or CM13 ROM baseband is the oh1 which is calling for the rom to recognize the simcard but when I install Reconce not sim can help me please

andyree2g16

Dec 21, 2016
I successfully dual booted this rom with the od2 modem. Sim is recognized have full LTE but attempting to access carrier settings results in fc

Please can you show me how to do that... I also do not have the OH1 Modem and thus my sim card is not registered. No service displayed. I have the OD2 but it still does not work. I have flashed it several times.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Please can anyone post the OH1 modem here so that i can download and flash for my s4 ?? Thank you...Will be really grateful

aphone40

Mar 1, 2012
Easton, PA
Please can you show me how to do that... I also do not have the OH1 Modem and thus my sim card is not registered. No service displayed. I have the OD2 but it still does not work. I have flashed it several times.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Please can anyone post the OH1 modem here so that i can download and flash for my s4 ?? Thank you...Will be really grateful
Have you tried samsungmobile.com?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Correction, it's www.sammobile.com

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

TinoRex2

May 18, 2017
Mi Samsung Galaxy S4 no me da Cobertura estoy en Cuba y la banda es GSM 900. Como puedo configurar la ROM para GSM

Top Liked Posts