FORUMS

Modded Sprint Visual Voicemail APK *updated*

209 posts
Thanks Meter: 126

By exeleon, Senior Member on 6th January 2015, 03:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is just the Sprint Visual Voicemail apps slightly modded so that the launcher icons better align with the new material design. I simply created the new icons in illustrator (one for each dpi), unpacked the apk and replaced the png's, repacked and signed. I'll try to keep this thread up to date with the latest version of the VVM app.
Confirmed working on s5 running 4.4.4 and s4 running 5.1.1 and with the newest update (vvmL). Keep in mind though, Sprint's VVM app is a finicky beast and it's performance/functioning heavily depends on the ROM that you're running.
Uninstall any existing Sprint VVM installation you have (to avoid mismatched signatures), then install the modded version as you would any other app. Enjoy!

Tip: Most ported ROMs contain information in build.prop from the device in which they were ported from, some unified builds may be slightly off. In order for this app to provision correctly, the following section in build.prop must be set to reflect your Sprint device before installing this app:

The following example is for the Sprint GS4:
Code:
ro.product.model=SPH-L720
ro.product.name=jfltespr
ro.product.device=jfltespr
(note this is not the tri-band L720T variant)

NOTE: The "9016" text messages are needed to wake the vvm client up to retrieve new voicemails as the come in. Blocking texts from 9016 in some sms apps (especially system sms apps) may cause the sprint visual voicemail app to not download new voicemail messaged. Muting the notifications for 9016 so your device doesn't ring/vibrate is ideal.

Don't have 9016 blocked or blacklisted, but still not receiving voicemails in the app?
  1. Try reactivating VVM by opening the app, touching compose, recording a 5+ second message delivering it to [email protected].

Yes, the phantom voicemail notification is here on most kitkat ROMs. You can temporarily clear it by disabling then re-enabling notifications from vvm. I've personally had success by going into the app and selecting the voicemail message and touching "save" to move it into the archive folder. This has seemed to permanently fixed the phantom notification bug for me, IDK why.

dock

Just pulled Sprint VVM T.7.0.0.16 (Sprint-vvm-m.apk) from the latest update-PB6 (Marshmallow) on GS6 edge . Haven't gotten a chance to test on any other phone/ROM so install at your own risk.
Attached Files
File Type: apk visualVoicemail6.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.97 MB, 12928 views)
File Type: apk vvmL.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.26 MB, 4960 views)
File Type: apk Sprint-VVM-M.apk - [Click for QR Code] (7.13 MB, 6058 views)
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to exeleon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift exeleon Ad-Free
6th January 2015, 08:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 469

More
Thank you for this!
The Following User Says Thank You to carwashman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carwashman Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 07:06 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
The newer APK didn't work for me and though the first APK worked, it doesnt rexieve any voicemails am I missing something?
7th January 2015, 07:49 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoinster

The newer APK didn't work for me and though the first APK worked, it doesnt rexieve any voicemails am I missing something?

Are you by chance running a ported lollipop rom? Some people have reported issues with sprint vvm (even with the stock, unmodded version) myself included. I think this occurs because the build.prop's of some ported roms shows information from the device which they are ported from. To correct this, grab a build.prop editor from the play store or use es file manager to edit the build.prop. The sections ro.product.model, ro.product.name and ro.product.device should look like this for the Sprint GS4 L720 (not the L720T variant):

Code:
ro.product.model=SPH-L720
ro.product.name=jfltespr
ro.product.device=jfltespr
The GPE port I'm running had all the information from the international Google play edition GS4. I uninstalled Sprint VVM, edited the build.prop, and reinstalled and it provisioned flawlessly and the app functions as it should.

Thanks for the heads up on the new VVM, I wasn't able to test that one yet. I'll take it down and see whats going on and repost later. Did it give you any errors? or did it just say app not installed?
The Following User Says Thank You to exeleon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift exeleon Ad-Free
8th January 2015, 07:49 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I downloaded the apk, but lookout says its riskware?
8th January 2015, 08:45 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
New York

More
I get that same message when I download apks and Roms in chrome. Mobile lookout might be giving you this message because I had to sign the apk in order to make it installable so the my signature doesn't match the official Sprint signature in the apk. I can assure you though I didn't mess with the code within though (I wouldn't even know how) just swapped out .PNG image files
The Following User Says Thank You to exeleon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift exeleon Ad-Free
8th January 2015, 09:01 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypochondria

I downloaded the apk, but lookout says its riskware?

Or if you want, grab a different copy of the official vvm apk and give it a try. That fix I pm'd to you about the with build.prop should fix the problem you were having with voicemail and the gpe ROM we're running
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exeleon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift exeleon Ad-Free
8th January 2015, 09:15 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exeleon

Or if you want, grab a different copy of the official vvm apk and give it a try. That fix I pm'd to you about the with build.prop should fix the problem you were having with voicemail and the gpe ROM we're running

It worked, thanks so much
11th January 2015, 07:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
The newer zip just force closed on opening. I tried the build prop and it didnt work (I tried modifying it on an HTC M8 with the correct device info).
12th January 2015, 10:51 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoinster

The newer zip just force closed on opening. I tried the build prop and it didnt work (I tried modifying it on an HTC M8 with the correct device info).

Yes, I removed the latest in the op, I wasn't able to test myself and when I did I had the same results as you. After the build.prop edits and reinstall the first version worked though correct?
4th February 2015, 10:57 PM |#11  
Flag Altamonte Springs, FL
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I am too on the GPe 5.0 rom.
- So I change the build.prop and then just install the apk
- Recvd a text from 9016 stating Provisioning successful
- called myself from another phone and IT WORKED!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosfig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carlosfig Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)