AOKP boot loop

Search This thread
I've been running AOKP 6.0.1 on my T-Mobile S4 for a few months now and I've been loving it, but a couple nights ago my phone shut off in my pocket and was taking longer to boot than I was willing to wait. So no problem, wipe cache and dalvik, and reboot. No luck, it brought up the "preparing apps" thing as expected, but afterwards goes black briefly and then returns to the spinning gear and unicorn (not the Samsung logo) and starts "preparing apps" again. I found the SD card I installed from and used TWRP to install the AOKP zip again, and got the same results.

What can I do about this? I'm hoping to keep my data partition since I don't think I've made a backup in a while.

This phone has been my workhorse since March 2013. I've replaced the screen/digitizer, the SIM/SD tray, the battery, and possibly more that I don't remember. I can't use it to make phone calls anymore because I can't hear anything (unless I use headphones or Bluetooth) and the other side can't hear me. Even after replacing the SIM tray it still gave "SIM card removed" errors so often that I started using it as a WiFi device (I have my father's old AT&T S4 that I've replaced all the same parts on, which I use for calling and constant hotspot, but I don't want to make it my primary device because of the locked bootloader). I noticed a few days ago that my SanDisk SD card is suddenly completely read-only now, and I have to wonder if the M919 is responsible. I've really enjoyed this phone though, and I'm really hoping it's not time to put it out to pasture.