Options for unlocking bootloader or rooting system?

Search This thread

pzr3z

Mar 19, 2018
Hi :D, I recently bought a Verizon S4 that came with a Baseband Version of I545VRUFNG6. Although I know that only Baseband Version VRUAMDK has an exploit which allows for unocking the system and placing a custom bootloader on it, I must ask: are there any options for this phone on this specific baseband? Are there any ROMS or a way to use FlashFire to get an Android version higher than 4.4.2? Or is there any way of downgrading the bootloader to VRUAMDK. I've read that downgrading to 4.3 is not possible. Just curious. Thanks!

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Hi :D, I recently bought a Verizon S4 that came with a Baseband Version of I545VRUFNG6. Although I know that only Baseband Version VRUAMDK has an exploit which allows for unocking the system and placing a custom bootloader on it, I must ask: are there any options for this phone on this specific baseband? Are there any ROMS or a way to use FlashFire to get an Android version higher than 4.4.2? Or is there any way of downgrading the bootloader to VRUAMDK. I've read that downgrading to 4.3 is not possible. Just curious. Thanks!
Downgrading to MDK is not possible. You can root the system easily, there are multiple guides for doing so. You'll have to use safe strap to flash anything, or you can upgrade to lollipop and root and flash with v0.53 Flashfire.

Reactions: pzr3z

pzr3z

Mar 19, 2018
Thank you.

Downgrading to MDK is not possible. You can root the system easily, there are multiple guides for doing so. You'll have to use safe strap to flash anything, or you can upgrade to lollipop and root and flash with v0.53 Flashfire.

I appreciate you confirming any previous thoughts I had. Thank you very much. :D

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
A very common mistake is that people think Loki unlocks the bootloader. It does not. Loki doki was a bypass exploit, meaning the bootloader is still locked, just you're by passing the lock with it. Think of it as using a credit card to open a locked door. The lock is still locked yet the door is opened.

Reactions: pzr3z

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A very common mistake is that people think Loki unlocks the bootloader. It does not. Loki doki was a bypass exploit, meaning the bootloader is still locked, just you're by passing the lock with it. Think of it as using a credit card to open a locked door. The lock is still locked yet the door is opened.