FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Downgrade OF1 to OC1 theories

131 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By Exroid, Senior Member on 20th September 2015, 02:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been able to downgrade firmware in the past by removing knox from the odin flashable tar file except for now I think samfirmware.com didnt sign the OC1 boot image when I go to flash through odin it hangs on boot.img then fails and gives me an error that says secure check failed. I've done some research and seem to find this error means the boot.img isn't signed. Would it be possible to flash any boot.img that I made unsecure meaning always root in terminal. To root OF1 firmware

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Exroid Ad-Free
21st September 2015, 02:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Nope. qfuse or similar was blown.
22nd September 2015, 02:59 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lakeland
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I've done it, I will be able to downgrade from OF1 to OC1 then root from there doing this all from my new raspberry pi 2 model b running raspbian. All i have to do is remove knox bootloader and flash boot.img, recovery.img, system.img.ext4, userdata.img, and cache.img with heimdall. did a test by just flashing the oc1 boot.img and was successful without tripping knox then flashed boot.img for OF1 firmware and phone boot back to the stock OF1 rom. will keep everyone updated it might be a little hard with only 2.9 GBs to work with (thanks raspberry pi sdcard-_-) im waiting on my 2.5 ssd to usb adapter(china)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxD34THxX

Nope. qfuse or similar was blown.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Exroid Ad-Free
22nd September 2015, 07:45 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,839

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exroid

I've done it, I will be able to downgrade from OF1 to OC1 then root from there doing this all from my new raspberry pi 2 model b running raspbian. All i have to do is remove knox bootloader and flash boot.img, recovery.img, system.img.ext4, userdata.img, and cache.img with heimdall. did a test by just flashing the oc1 boot.img and was successful without tripping knox then flashed boot.img for OF1 firmware and phone boot back to the stock OF1 rom. will keep everyone updated it might be a little hard with only 2.9 GBs to work with (thanks raspberry pi sdcard-_-) im waiting on my 2.5 ssd to usb adapter(china)

I could make an Odin package later tonight that will accomplish this as well if you believe users will use it.
23rd September 2015, 02:25 AM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Anybody with OF1 bootloader willing to test?
The Odin package I have is the exact same as Exroid method with Heimdall.
Only a little but simpler for those that don't like commandline and prefer to use Odin.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to klabit87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klabit87 Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 02:34 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I am. Tired of not having root.
I am
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kwcummins22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kwcummins22 Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 02:38 AM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwcummins22

I am

Pm sent
Thanks.
23rd September 2015, 06:59 AM |#8  
Flag Montana
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klabit87

Anybody with OF1 bootloader willing to test?
The Odin package I have is the exact same as Exroid method with Heimdall.
Only a little but simpler for those that don't like commandline and prefer to use Odin.

I'd love to help.

I have full stock OF1 that I took through OTA. Been pulling my hair out not having root. Let me know where to get the .md5 and I can flash with Odin and let you know the results.
24th September 2015, 05:35 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkzak

I'd love to help.

I have full stock OF1 that I took through OTA. Been pulling my hair out not having root. Let me know where to get the .md5 and I can flash with Odin and let you know the results.

Sorry been busy.

Pm sent and thanks for your interest.
25th September 2015, 11:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Heimdall is obsolete, use Rwilco tutorial to create your own odin flashable tar. heimdall is garbage.
26th September 2015, 12:24 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sins07

Heimdall is obsolete, use Rwilco tutorial to create your own odin flashable tar. heimdall is garbage.

Heimdall is very useful in its own way.

And making our own odin flashable tar has already been done just hasn't been working.

Still looking at possibilities but doesn't look good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)