I545_OC1_Batch_Debloater (Windows, Linux, Mac)

Search This thread

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
**Root access required**

Download:
- I545_OC1_Batch_DeBloater

- debloat.zip by @klabit87 for Linux & Mac Users

Instructions:
1. Extract the I545_OC1_Batch_DeBloater folder onto your desktop.
2. Turn on USB Debugging from Developer Options and connect your device to your *PC.
3. Double-click DeBloater.bat to launch the program.
4. Select "Light," "Medium," or "Extreme" **debloating and press Enter.
5. Grant Root Access if prompted by your device and press Enter to begin.
6. Once complete press Enter to return to the Main Menu and select ***Reboot Device.
7. Last, select Exit from the main menu to end your session. Done!

* Make certain that you have Samsung Drivers installed.
** Use notepad++ or other text editor to view/edit the lists of removed apps in DeBloater.bat file.
*** It is normal for apps to begin force closing prior to rebooting your device.

Attachments

• debloater.png
    debloater.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 2,345
Last edited:

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
wanna point out that this is windows only, as i dont think there are any low-level samsung drivers for linux
and this is a batch file.

Reactions: rbird2

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
worked great for me. using the extreme option (cuz 90s kid) left only s memo and s voice as far as any real bloatware. so much easier than using titanium backup and having to go through stuff. thanks for this, muniz

klabit87

Jul 11, 2011
wanna point out that this is windows only, as i dont think there are any low-level samsung drivers for linux

Just sent script to muniz_ri for approval for Linux and probably Mac users.

Tested adb functions and everything works on Ubuntu 14.04

Edit:
Just been given the go ahead by @muniz_ri

Here is the link for the linux version, as I said it may work for Mac
debloat.zip

As always you are more than welcome to add this to the op if you wish.

Last edited:
Muniz I ran the batch file and it worked great getting rid of all that bloat. Thank you very much. One thing that surprised me though is that I went from 5.15GB of used internal storage to 4.98GB after debloating and that's after running CCleaner to get rid of any left over junk. I was expecting to gain more memory space considering how many apps were removed. Is this normal? Thanks

Last edited:

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Muniz I ran the batch file and it worked great getting rid of all that bloat. Thank you very much. One thing that surprised me though is that I went from 5.15GB of used internal storage to 4.98GB after debloating and that's after running CCleaner to get rid of any left over junk. I was expecting to gain more memory space considering how many apps were removed. Is this normal? Thanks

there's three settings in the batch script. which one did you use?
also, the bloat apps aren't really that big, they're all near the 10-20mb or less ballpark. accumulating 20 of them up probably frees up like maybe 100-200 mb of space. this is of course wild speculation as I usually make but still, something to consider

there's three settings in the batch script. which one did you use?
also, the bloat apps aren't really that big, they're all near the 10-20mb or less ballpark. accumulating 20 of them up probably frees up like maybe 100-200 mb of space. this is of course wild speculation as I usually make but still, something to consider
Thanks for getting back. I used extreme setting. I guess the files are not as large as I thought. I may not have gained much memory space but at least the bloat is gone.

incessantjunk

May 12, 2011
I gave adb root permissions through SuperSU, ran this (slightly customized extreme, I kept Hangouts), and verified that the folders have been removed. After doing that, many of the apps I still had to manually uninstall (is that normal?), and some I'm not sure if I even can remove some (I just have a disable option).

I know you guys know better than I, but is simply removing these directories from /system/app enough to uninstall the applications?

Thanks.

EdrickMG

Jul 31, 2014
Hi @muniz_ri you are my guru in these topics what's your position in new update for SCH-I545 how can we update without loose detox and root and xposed thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
this works on of1, using the same instructions.
it seems samsung gave up on Story Album because both story album related apps were apparently not present, according to the debloater tool. hooray for removed bloat!

Reactions: xxxstar

jdelphiki99

Sep 5, 2015
Someone needs to capture the ota so that a pre-rooted ROM can be created.

Hello,

I'm a programmer (in college, mostly C & C++), but my knowledge of android is limited to rooting my S4 and other stuff I've gleaned while lurking on xda.

A quick search for how to capture an ota seems that it's not terribly difficult to do. ex http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1589754

Is my impression (capturing ota update is not hard) correct? If so, why hasn't it been done? If the answers to those questions are "Yes" and "No good reason," respectively, I might be able to donate some of my time to do it. Would that be useful?

Hello,

I'm a programmer (in college, mostly C & C++), but my knowledge of android is limited to rooting my S4 and other stuff I've gleaned while lurking on xda.

A quick search for how to capture an ota seems that it's not terribly difficult to do. ex http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1589754

Is my impression (capturing ota update is not hard) correct? If so, why hasn't it been done? If the answers to those questions are "Yes" and "No good reason," respectively, I might be able to donate some of my time to do it. Would that be useful?

Muniz already got the update and created instructions for OF1 here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **Root access required**

Download:
    - I545_OC1_Batch_DeBloater

- debloat.zip by @klabit87 for Linux & Mac Users

Instructions:
    1. Extract the I545_OC1_Batch_DeBloater folder onto your desktop.
    2. Turn on USB Debugging from Developer Options and connect your device to your *PC.
    3. Double-click DeBloater.bat to launch the program.
    4. Select "Light," "Medium," or "Extreme" **debloating and press Enter.
    5. Grant Root Access if prompted by your device and press Enter to begin.
    6. Once complete press Enter to return to the Main Menu and select ***Reboot Device.
    7. Last, select Exit from the main menu to end your session. Done!

* Make certain that you have Samsung Drivers installed.
    ** Use notepad++ or other text editor to view/edit the lists of removed apps in DeBloater.bat file.
    *** It is normal for apps to begin force closing prior to rebooting your device.
    worked great for me. using the extreme option (cuz 90s kid) left only s memo and s voice as far as any real bloatware. so much easier than using titanium backup and having to go through stuff. thanks for this, muniz

Just sent script to muniz_ri for approval for Linux and probably Mac users.

Tested adb functions and everything works on Ubuntu 14.04

Edit:
    Just been given the go ahead by @muniz_ri

Here is the link for the linux version, as I said it may work for Mac
    debloat.zip

As always you are more than welcome to add this to the op if you wish.
    this works on of1, using the same instructions.
    it seems samsung gave up on Story Album because both story album related apps were apparently not present, according to the debloater tool. hooray for removed bloat!