Now KingRoot supports OF1 build, thanks to @chaotic_jose for reporting it!
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S4 I545 on OF1 Lollipop:
1. Download OC1 kernel from here.
2. Install kernel via Odin 3 (Kernel goes on AP) .
3. Install Wondershare MobileGo or KingRoot for Windows on your PC
4. Enable USB debugging on your phone (Click here to see how to enable USB debugging)
5. Connect your phone to your PC and let MobileGo/King Root to recognize it
6. Once MobileGo/King Root have recognized your phone just click One-Click Root option[MobileGo]/The blue button[KingRoot] and wait.
7. [Optional] Flash OF1 kernel again (Get it from 1st step).
8. [If Wondershare didn't] Install SuperSU from Google Play (or any other source)
9. Open SuperSU and update binaries (do not accept the knox option that SuperSU prompts at first launch, it's unstable)
10. That's all! Enjoy your rooted S4
Some SS as proof:
A: Open your CMD (Windows key + R then write CMD and press Enter) then run this command: rd "C:/ProgramData/wondershare"
Q: Can I install Cyanogenmod/AOSP?
A: If you have MDK bootloader and a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM), you can.
Q: Can I install a custom Kernel?
A: If you have MDK bootloader, you can.
Q: Can I install TWRP/CWM/PHILZ?
A: No, you can't unless you have MDK bootloader .
Q: Which bootloader does my galaxy have?
A: Download terminal emulator and run this commands:
- getprop ro.bootloader
Q: At least can I get SafeStrap?
A: No, SafeStrap only works for Kitkat and bellow .
Q: Can I downgrade my phone?
A: If your bootloader it's OC1/OF1 you won't be able to do anything, bootloader it's locked.
Q: So what can I do to this dam**t phone?
A: Easy dude, you still can install some rom's and apply some other tweaks, next section it's about this
Things you may want to do after rooting your device:
There are some ways to remove Samsung apps we don't like
Using scripts to do the work, there are some tools on Verizon S4 forum. I used OC1 batch debloater, worked fine for me .
Manually it's a bit more complicated but you have the control, my suggestion for this way is:
1. Install any File Explorer with root capabilities, my personal(favorite) choise is MiXplorer
2. Open the left menu (swipe from left screen edge to right) and pick Root option
3. Navigate to system folder and open it
4. Open app folder
5. Select the folders that contains all those apps you don't want, after you have selected all of them, delete them
6. Repeat steaps 4 and 5, the difference is that now you will do it in priv-app folder
7. Reboot your device
Take care with last method, if you delete something really important(E.G: SystemUI) you may mess up your device
If you dont know what FlashFire is, basicly is a tool to flash some packages (like a recovery) in our phone.
As we can't install CWM, TWRP, etc, FlashFire is a great option (still cannot instal CM, or something like that but we can flash some mods and touchwiz based roms).
Here is the Official thread. Become a tester in Play Store, install it and use it.
Take care with what you do with this app, you can hard brick your phone.
I recommend to flash it via FlashFire with this tool, you don't have nothing to do, just wait some seconds and that's all.
If you don't want to flash the previously tool, you can search in Google Play the word "Busybox", and you'll find a lot of apps that allows you to install it.
Please if u find another method to root S4 i545, post it, we can put different methods and everybody will be able to root their S4!
PSI: if I made some mistakes (writing) sorry, my first language is spanish