Help plis my s4 is hard brick??

Search This thread

entixd

Aug 11, 2017
Well, I wanted to install the rom s6 with flash fire but ... in my desperation install the i545 oc1_firmware because I did not use the wifi, I thought my cell phone was oc1, and now it does not turn on I can not open the recovery nor the download mode, That I burned the terminal ?? When I connect to the computer I recognize it but as if I did not have the driver, I do not know what to do please help me, is it soft brick or hard brick ?? Also could be that I burned the battery in the process ??
MY BASEBAND VERSION IS: I545VRSGPL1
i know, im a stupid

PLEASE HELP ME, THANKS. :(

Last edited:

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Well, I wanted to install the rom s6 with flash fire but ... in my desperation install the i545 oc1_firmware because I did not use the wifi, I thought my cell phone was oc1, and now it does not turn on I can not open the recovery nor the download mode, That I burned the terminal ?? When I connect to the computer I recognize it but as if I did not have the driver, I do not know what to do please help me, is it soft brick or hard brick ?? Also could be that I burned the battery in the process ??
MY BASEBAND VERSION IS: I545VRSGPL1
i know, im a stupid

PLEASE HELP ME, THANKS. :(
If you can't get it to Download Mode then one of your few options is JTAG, which I know nothing about. I'm assuming you've pulled the battery and held volume up and the power button to get into Download Mode.

IWSJX5e.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I wanted to install the rom s6 with flash fire but ... in my desperation install the i545 oc1_firmware because I did not use the wifi, I thought my cell phone was oc1, and now it does not turn on...
Your options, though limited, is as follows...

USB Jig:

1) You can try to purchase a type of USB Jig (aka Riff Box USB Adapter) to enter Download mode but, there is no guarantee it would work. Those can run approximately $150+ (USD).

JTAG:

2) Unless you want to purchase one, that can run approximately $250+ (USD), and it requires the skills of a knowledgeable person in Electronics.

3) You will need to find a local service provider who can use the JTAG for you and revive your dead hard bricked Galaxy S4. Some may not change and some will. You would have to contact one or more to obtain a cost.

Replacing the Motherboard:

4) The most inexpensive option is to replace the Motherboard (aka Logic Board). ALWAYS keep in mind that you locate one that has a Clean ESN (aka Carrier Unlocked).

You can obtain this 2 ways...

4a) You should be able to locate a used one with a Clean ESN/Carrier Unlocked for around $50+/- (USD).

4b) You can also locate a damaged device with a good Motherboard/Logic Board that has a Clean ESN/Carrier Unlocked around $50-$75+/- (USD).

Finally, the following is an excellent guide on how to replace the Motherboard/Logic Board. It also has pictures for each step.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Motherboard Replacement - ifixit

I wish you the best of luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE

Reactions: bilgerryan

entixd

Aug 11, 2017
Thanks

USB Jig:

1) You can try to purchase a type of USB Jig (aka Riff Box USB Adapter) to enter Download mode but, there is no guarantee it would work. Those can run approximately $150+ (USD).

JTAG:

2) Unless you want to purchase one, that can run approximately $250+ (USD), and it requires the skills of a knowledgeable person in Electronics.

3) You will need to find a local service provider who can use the JTAG for you and revive your dead hard bricked Galaxy S4. Some may not change and some will. You would have to contact one or more to obtain a cost.

4) The most inexpensive option is to replace the Motherboard (aka Logic Board). ALWAYS keep in mind that you locate one that has a Clean ESN (aka Carrier Unlocked).

4a) You should be able to locate a used one with a Clean ESN/Carrier Unlocked for around $50+/- (USD).

4b) You can also locate a damaged device with a good Motherboard/Logic Board that has a Clean ESN/Carrier Unlocked around $50-$75+/- (USD).

Finally, the following is an excellent guide on how to replace the Motherboard/Logic Board. It also has pictures for each step.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

Well thank you very much, I will go to a local workshop to have them do it, the workshops here do not think they have jtag because here the workshops are not professional, but suppose they have, you can install any firmware of any verizon s4 model or necessarily Has to be with the one who brought ?.:(

In second, I think there is motherboard, if there is but it will be any motherboard or necessarily has to be for this verizon model, if you put for example the i9505 will boot when you buy one of these will already installed software?
:rolleyes:

THANKS

Well thank you very much, I will go to a local workshop to have them do it, the workshops here do not think they have jtag because here the workshops are not professional, but suppose they have, you can install any firmware of any verizon s4 model or necessarily Has to be with the one who brought ?.:(. In second, I think there is motherboard, if there is but it will be any motherboard or necessarily has to be for this verizon model, if you put for example the i9505 will boot when you buy one of these will already installed software?
:rolleyes:. THANKS
Just an FYI... I545 Motherboards can only be replaced by another I545 one.

The motherboard for this S4 is no interchangeable with others because of some minor differences in the layout.

They did that on purpose to prevent individuals from swapping other carriers motherboards.

Some items are interchangeable but, not the Motherboard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

entixd

Aug 11, 2017
Just an FYI... I545 Motherboards can only be replaced by another I545 one.

The motherboard for this S4 is no interchangeable with others because of some minor differences in the layout.

They did that on purpose to prevent individuals from swapping other carriers motherboards.

Some items are interchangeable but, not the Motherboard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

Oh man, that limits a lot but can be extracted from another s4 verizon right?

Oh man, that limits a lot but can be extracted from another s4 verizon right?

Yes... Any I545 S4 Motherboard can be placed in any I545 S4 device.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I wanted to install the rom s6 with flash fire but ... in my desperation install the i545 oc1_firmware because I did not use the wifi, I thought my cell phone was oc1, and now it does not turn on...

USB Jig:

JTAG:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Motherboard Replacement - ifixit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I Am The Egg Man,
    They Are The Egg Men.
    I Am The Walrus!
    Coo Coo Cachoo!