[Q] How to install CM11 on Galaxy S4? (Verizon)

Search This thread

Jerald_B

Aug 23, 2014
Temple
Okay starting off, I went straight to cyanogenmod's page but it specifically stated "you must be on build I545VRUAMDK"...
There lies the problem. My phone is build KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5.
I got it from Verizon like this, already updated.
It's running kitkat 4.4.2.

Now, the benefit is that I already have root, through Towelroot V3.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
I've searched on Google and still cannot find a direct answer.

So please can someone tell me where to go to figure this out? Or if you know how kindly tell me?

I've installed Safestrap as well.

Thank you for any help!

liljoe727

Jul 10, 2014
Okay starting off, I went straight to cyanogenmod's page but it specifically stated "you must be on build I545VRUAMDK"...
There lies the problem. My phone is build KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5.
I got it from Verizon like this, already updated.
It's running kitkat 4.4.2.

Now, the benefit is that I already have root, through Towelroot V3.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
I've searched on Google and still cannot find a direct answer.

So please can someone tell me where to go to figure this out? Or if you know how kindly tell me?

I've installed Safestrap as well.

Thank you for any help!

If you MUST be on MDK to install the ROM and you are on NC5, then I reckon you can't install the ROM. There are not many ROM's available for those of us on NC5 and Safestrap unfortunately.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S4 BlackBox using XDA Free Mobile App

Jerald_B

Aug 23, 2014
Temple
If you MUST be on MDK to install the ROM and you are on NC5, then I reckon you can't install the ROM. There are not many ROM's available for those of us on NC5 and Safestrap unfortunately.

Man, that is what I was worried about... I've heard of hyperdrive being good, it's a 4.4.2 rom, have you had any experience with it?

liljoe727

Jul 10, 2014
Man, that is what I was worried about... I've heard of hyperdrive being good, it's a 4.4.2 rom, have you had any experience with it?

HyperDrive is solid. I'm on BlackBox right now and I like it better. It is stupid fast but a little buggy as it is a newer ROM. Another option would be to stay with the stock NC5 use Wanam Xposed from the XposedFramework. It allows quite a bit of customization if that is what you're looking for. There are some solid options being on NC5, just make sure you take the time to read through the threads before you flash anything.