SCH-I545 rooted, unlocked, refuses to accept Boost Mobile SIM - HALP!

Search This thread

Zealotz

Jan 20, 2011
So, yeah, we finally moved away from Verizon and I gave up my grandfathered unlimited data plan (*cry*) and we went to boost. And now I want to split heads in frustration, because no matter what I do, I cannot get my Boost SIM card to work in my S4. The best I get is "This is not a Verizon SIM card" and constant roaming/searching for signal.

Some Deets -
  • SCH-I545
  • 5.0.1 OF1 stang5litre custom ROM
  • Locked Bootloader (OF1 ;( )
  • FlashFire
  • Pushed Universal_Boost_APN_Fix-R2
  • The push worked, can see two new APN's in my networks, both are selectable (unlike verizon), but neither finds a tower.
  • I could never get manually setting APN's to stick, regardless of what I tried, they always disappear :( :(
  • I am using a SIM card adapter to make it fit the S4's slot
  • Hangouts doesn't seem to have a network option anymore?
  • Have Samsung Galaxy TouchWiz MMS Fix - Boost.zip but haven't pushed
  • Neither Boost's online website nor their customer service will accept my IMEI and change what info they expect from the SIM, but my understanding was that that was not necessary and even that that information updates itself automatically (suspicious of the activation charges that boost store charged me)

It's late and that's all I got right now for you guys, but I will check back tomorrow and will post pictures and any other relevant data I can think of in the morning. Any help is GREATLY appreciated as my substitute kyocera I never got a case for (because well it was supposed to be temp) and a couple well placed drops have rendered all but a third of my screen unviewable and Im a poor boy and I wont be able to afford a new phone any time soon.

Thanks you guys for everything, the forums here have already been a wealth of information and I would not be where I was already without all the hours I poured into researching the issues and solutions. You guys are awesome, please help me finish getting this girl up and running on Boost!

-Zealot

whowatchlist

Nov 18, 2015
Sprint locks Sim to imei so I suspect boost does the same... where did you get your sim from?
(imo metropcs would be better coz some gsm-only phones are crazy for their price, but that's just me.) :cowboy:

Zealotz

Jan 20, 2011
So I've gone the donor phone method to continue. Obtained a Sano Incognioto, unlocked everything, have nam settings , spc, ha, aaa, pit, nai, and whatever other pertinent acronym that could be obtained from it. I have a boost sim card that's tied to my kyocera phone (i guess thats how they do it nowadays?) and also an inactive verizon sim card. the incognito does not have a sim, period.

I am having trouble accessing the modem in order to clone other the values needed onto the S4. I have the appropriate drivers, and they detect mtp and adb right when it's booted but it will only detect and install the modem drivers properly when the phone is off and plugged into charge. This is, of course, after I set the it to cdma and usb dm-modem-adb and/or every other modem setting.... so now I'm here..... sorry for the late update. Instead of taking pics, I found a donor phone and went from there.... Im so close, I can feel it. Anyone know which sim card I should use? lol.... This is Zealot, signing off for the night.

Zealotz

Jan 20, 2011
So I'm having problems connecting to the the S4's modem via USB. I think it may be a driver issue. Also, I am unsure as to which mode my phone should be in whilst connecting to it's modem. I have, however, set my USB mode to AP & DM + MODEM + ADB, and then rebooted. Device manager reads Unknown USB Device - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) when the S4 is on and plugged in in this mode. All drivers start correctly in MTP & ADB modes.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Stealch

Feb 25, 2017
AP & DM + MODEM + ADB, and then rebooted. Device manager reads Unknown USB Device - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
I have same problem. In this mode, the device report to OS no USB_VID&DEV, only "USB Unknown". I try everything, accept manual installation of qualcomm drivers with same result. On 4PDA forum answered to me that this mode can be used only on stock OF1.

billa

Mar 30, 2006
So I'm having problems connecting to the the S4's modem via USB. I think it may be a driver issue. Also, I am unsure as to which mode my phone should be in whilst connecting to it's modem. I have, however, set my USB mode to AP & DM + MODEM + ADB, and then rebooted. Device manager reads Unknown USB Device - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) when the S4 is on and plugged in in this mode. All drivers start correctly in MTP & ADB modes.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

I have same problem. In this mode, the device report to OS no USB_VID&DEV, only "USB Unknown". I try everything, accept manual installation of qualcomm drivers with same result. On 4PDA forum answered to me that this mode can be used only on stock OF1.

The solution is to go to recovery and "Enable CP Logging"
Once it reboots you should see the comports in device manager.
Also make sure to have USB Debugging turned on along with ##366633# "Enable DM Mode"
If still no ports showing after the above setting then it may be a bad physical port.