FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Order 2.A charger is it real?

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By okdark4, Member on 19th September 2014, 10:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4 months ago I orderd a 2.0A charger for my s4, using the app called Battery it was saying 2000ma or 2A I don't reember I lost it affter a week... so I used my s2 charger at 1.0A now I ordered a new s4 chrager but it saying 4.1V/1.A is it fake?

19th September 2014, 02:35 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Chieti, Italy
Thanks Meter: 17,720

Donate to Me
More
The one on the picture is original, 5V 2A.

4.1V 1A it's unusual, never heard about a charger with that specs. I guess that can't handle Galaxy S4 well for the amperage too low, the voltage it's too low too, under the standard stabilized 5V that any mobile device uses. Charging shouldn't start at less than 4.7-4.8V, I think that it's fake. A lot of Samsung chargers are 1:1 than the original esthetically, but are fake... A bit like iPhone ones
19th September 2014, 06:21 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntaresOne

The one on the picture is original, 5V 2A.

4.1V 1A it's unusual, never heard about a charger with that specs. I guess that can't handle Galaxy S4 well for the amperage too low, the voltage it's too low too, under the standard stabilized 5V that any mobile device uses. Charging shouldn't start at less than 4.7-4.8V, I think that it's fake. A lot of Samsung chargers are 1:1 than the original esthetically, but are fake... A bit like iPhone ones

the one in the picture is the same one that is 4.1V 1A
19th September 2014, 06:51 PM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Chieti, Italy

Donate to Me
More
Wait, so you don't have a charger rated in that way. The one in the picture is rated 4.1V at 1A through that app?

That charger it's rated 5V at 2A, 1:1 as original and 1:1 as mine. Are you using stock cable? It's designed to handle 2A current without dispersion, in simple way: another cable thinner/longer etc has more resistance/inductance/parasite capacitance and it's the cause of less V/A.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
19th September 2014, 07:01 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntaresOne

Wait, so you don't have a charger rated in that way. The one in the picture is rated 4.1V at 1A through that app?

That charger it's rated 5V at 2A, 1:1 as original and 1:1 as mine. Are you using stock cable? It's designed to handle 2A current without dispersion, in simple way: another cable thinner/longer etc has more resistance/inductance/parasite capacitance and it's the cause of less V/A.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505

yes the one in the picture gets 4.1V-4.3v at 1A the cable is the one I got with the chrager maybe you right, thx
19th September 2014, 08:08 PM |#6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Chieti, Italy

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okdark4

yes the one in the picture gets 4.1V-4.3v at 1A the cable is the one I got with the chrager maybe you right, thx

In this case I don't trust a lot that kind of apps... It's impossible to charge your device with 4.1-4.3 volts, charging process can't start

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)