FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New battery for the S4

670 posts
Thanks Meter: 174

By scanferr, Senior Member on 5th September 2016, 05:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys,

I am only getting 2h SoT on my S4, the phone gets really hoooot and the battery got "bigger", so it's dying. Which one is probably the best one to get? Anker, Zerolemon, Ravpower or anything else? I used some Anker ones on my previous phone and was quite happy with them.
How much SoT/battery life could I expect on a battery like these?

Cheers!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scanferr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scanferr Ad-Free

5th September 2016, 07:14 PM |#2  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanferr

Hello guys,

I am only getting 2h SoT on my S4, the phone gets really hoooot and the battery got "bigger", so it's dying. Which one is probably the best one to get? Anker, Zerolemon, Ravpower or anything else? I used some Anker ones on my previous phone and was quite happy with them.

Cheers!

Some people said that ZeroLemon fixed the stuffy audio problem on their batteries now it has a space above the speaker, so you'll not have problems with/about this.
Never bought an Anker battery, i cant say too much about it, there are another threads about this battery in this section. But comparing ZL and Anker both have similar results.
I dont Know RavPower.
I have an ZeroLemon myself, everyday i got 9-12h screen, even after 1 year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GiRaFa-SAMA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GiRaFa-SAMA Ad-Free
10th September 2016, 04:31 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
I bought one of these.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/batter...919n-/cel11327
12th September 2016, 10:47 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanferr

Hello guys,

Cheers!

I got a RAV Power battery for my S4 off of Amazon for 12 EUR and I've been using it for a week, on stock vanilla firmware (but this is another story).
I get out in the morning at 8.30am and I use my S4 in the car for navigation (Waze) and music (TuneIn Radio or Google Play Music) for 1h a day (30 mins in the morning and 30 mins in the evening), then some calls, emails, whatsapp, etc. (no games or exotic stuff) and I usually get back home with a 40% battery around 7pm.
A colleague at work bought a Duracell after market battery for 24.50 EUR and he's not satisfied as the new battery gets very hot during simple use and he have to charge it at least one time during the day.
It has been just a week, but I'm pretty satisfied with this RAV Power battery!
14th September 2016, 03:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 780

More
Zerolemon 7500mah user here nothing to complain about.
Music sounds good because it has a gap between the battery and the speaker it actually made the sound better or somewhat amplified because it has space inside the TPU case that comes with it.

Using this 7500mah for close to 2 years now and still gives me 10-12hrs SOT max per day.
I use iPhone charger 1A and charge it only when i sleep, upon waking up its full charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to droidblitz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidblitz Ad-Free
21st October 2016, 07:00 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
after inheriting a S4 im not very happy with battery life, its a replacement off the bay..ie fake..so which one should i go for,,im in the uk so i dont think all the battery makes are available to me easily..cheers
21st October 2016, 08:46 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,031

More
ZeroLemon and Anker seem to be popular replacements.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
22nd October 2016, 11:19 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

ZeroLemon and Anker seem to be popular replacements.

thanks, yep defo need a new one, 38% before bed time and 2% this morning, think ill go with anker over ravpower
23rd October 2016, 11:17 AM |#9  

More
im actually in two minds wheather the battery is knackered, i put it in safe mode last night and it drained 6%, maybe a app is causing it, gsam battery stats doesnt tell me anything is draining it, maybe im over thinking it and just need a new battery full stop, the last one was a cheapo off the bay

one thing i did notice is when i charge it to 100% gsam is telling me its at 1200mah, weird
23rd October 2016, 07:26 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
If you're in Canada and want a cheap fix, the Source is clearing out some $0.96 CAD battery cases for the S4 (and S3). Lots of trade-offs with using a battery case, but it's the cheapest solution.

http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/batter...se/p/108022103

I bought a "NFC-compatible" Perfine battery and the NFC didn't work.
25th October 2016, 05:24 AM |#11  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I'm a big fan of MPJ batteries - the standard size are maybe 10% better than stock, and I personally rock a 8,500mah battery all the time. Used on the S4, Note 3, Note 1, and others.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)