best multiple-port charger for the Galaxy S4

Search This thread

carrot34

May 22, 2007
What do people think is the best multiple-port charger for the Galaxy S4? I'm looking for something (along the lines of the Poweradd 5 or 6 port chargers, or Anker's 5-port charger) that will charge multiple devices at once and also charge the Galaxy S4 as quickly as possible. I know that the GS 4 charges at different rates with different chargers (as detailed here) and I see, for instance, that the Poweradd chargers only send 1 Amp to the Galaxy S4, which makes me wonder if there are similar options around that would charge the GS4 faster.

Thanks!
Alan

wtherrell

Dec 30, 2008
I'm using an Antec 4 port. It has 2 2amp & 2 1amp ports. Got a charge-only cable also & Galaxy current app shows 1.9 amps going to the phone even without fast - charge enabled.

carrot34

May 22, 2007
I'm using an Antec 4 port. It has 2 2amp & 2 1amp ports. Got a charge-only cable also & Galaxy current app shows 1.9 amps going to the phone even without fast - charge enabled.

Wow, that's great! Thanks! And should any of these devices work similarly if I use a charge-only cable and connect the phone to a 2 or 2.1 amp port? Or is that speed something that would be particular to the Antec?

hainfelder

May 2, 2014
wicked Chili 3.1 A - dual port USB - with bridged data connections ...

best after 4 different other models - feals very sturdy too

wtherrell

Dec 30, 2008
Wow, that's great! Thanks! And should any of these devices work similarly if I use a charge-only cable and connect the phone to a 2 or 2.1 amp port? Or is that speed something that would be particular to the Antec?
Yes, the charge-only cable should work with any device USB charging port. Any 2 or 2.1 amp port.

ryant35

Feb 17, 2009
Cypress
What do people think is the best multiple-port charger for the Galaxy S4? I'm looking for something (along the lines of the Poweradd 5 or 6 port chargers, or Anker's 5-port charger) that will charge multiple devices at once and also charge the Galaxy S4 as quickly as possible. I know that the GS 4 charges at different rates with different chargers (as detailed here) and I see, for instance, that the Poweradd chargers only send 1 Amp to the Galaxy S4, which makes me wonder if there are similar options around that would charge the GS4 faster.

Thanks!
Alan

+1 for the Anker charger got mine the same day with Amazon prime. It has made the underside of my bedside table a lot less cluttered.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GTGETFG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1