FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Best third party battery for S4 i9505

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By larwilliams, Junior Member on 8th September 2017, 02:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I am looking to replace an OEM Samsung battery in my Galaxy s4 i9505 that has finally bit the dust. I tried the RAVPower battery but it didn't support NFC like the Amazon listing claimed (returned at no charge thankfully).

All I want is a NFC capable battery that lasts as long as a new Samsung one would (if they still made them lol) and can work with Android Pay (running LineageOS with it already installed and ready to go).

I've read some good things about Anker batteries and they seem to meet my needs. Can anyone provide their experiences with them? Are they good batteries? If not, what is a good brand?

14th September 2017, 11:13 PM |#2  
Flag Dobra
Thanks Meter: 1,563

More
Anker and Zerolemon seem to be very popular.
6th October 2017, 06:26 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 9

More
also craftman batteries are really nice and almost the same as original
13th October 2017, 02:31 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just an update. I went with the Anker battery after. NFC works perfectly and battery life is almost as good as a brand new OEM battery (lasts all day under normal usage). Can't complain!
The Following User Says Thank You to larwilliams For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift larwilliams Ad-Free
19th October 2017, 04:26 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larwilliams

Just an update. I went with the Anker battery after. NFC works perfectly and battery life is almost as good as a brand new OEM battery (lasts all day under normal usage). Can't complain!

Its an absolute shame that ZeroLemon stopped making the 3000mah battery for the S4 years ago. On amazon they where offering TWO for the price of one PLUS a dual charger deck for I think $15 and like an idiot I didn't buy it, before I knew it, they where sold out and completely disappeared from everywhere including eBay overnight!

I ended up buying the 5200mah Anker battery, which without a doubt is a top battery, never had a problem and lasted at least 8 hours without needing a charge with GPS and screen on throughout. But it was bulky as hell and the back cover was really ugly. However most companies sorted out their battery cover designs in the S5/S6 and above.
22nd October 2017, 06:41 PM |#6  
Flag Malaga
Thanks Meter: 0

More
For me Anker was better than original.
27th October 2017, 02:42 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,

Recently bought a new battery for the I9505 and went with the manufacturer Yanec. From what i can find it is a Dutch company, at least the website redirects to a Dutch website.
It has 2600 mAh, lasts for about 8 hours playing some games, GPS turned off, NFC turned on. Paid around 23 euro for it and i am very satisfied. (How can i not be, my last original battery held charge for 2 min lol)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)