FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Cheap QI receivers experience?

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By kostaldavid8, Member on 26th March 2016, 12:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I would like to ask you, what is your experience with that cheap S4 Qi receiver pads (for example from ebay...). Is it charging fast? How much is cover bulged? Is it dangerous for the battery?
Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to kostaldavid8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kostaldavid8 Ad-Free

26th March 2016, 05:10 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,032

More
It does make the back cover bulge a bit but it's not bad.

The phone gets warm when charging wirelessly but it's not too bad at all.

Sometimes, the charging pad will detect the receiver but the phone doesn't charge. If I remove the phone from the charging pad for a few minutes and put it back, it will start to charge.

Charging wirelessly is not as fast as using a wired charger and I would say it takes about 30 to 50 percent longer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
27th March 2016, 05:10 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

It does make the back cover bulge a bit but it's not bad.

The phone gets warm when charging wirelessly but it's not too bad at all.

Sometimes, the charging pad will detect the receiver but the phone doesn't charge. If I remove the phone from the charging pad for a few minutes and put it back, it will start to charge.

Charging wirelessly is not as fast as using a wired charger and I would say it takes about 30 to 50 percent longer.

Thank you for response. Is NFC working with that Qi pad?
27th March 2016, 05:11 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,032

More
I have never used nfc on my phone but I know you can get pads that do support nfc as an option.
28th March 2016, 05:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Hi there

I have a qi receiver on the S4. My one has input: "self-adaptation" (whatever that means) and an output of 600mah. It charges at a decent speed. I use the LG G3 wireless charger and a few other wireless charging pads and they seem to charge at a decent speed. A full charge takes about 3 hours.

The cover does bulge a tiny bit, but it is barely noticeable trust me- definitely worth it.

The phone only gets a little warmer- again nothing to worry about for sure.

I am certain that it doesn't do any damage to the phone and battery. I have using wireless charging overnight everyday for the past few years on the S4 and nothing has gone wrong. I rarely use cable charging anymore

I recommend getting a qi receiver for the S4- it is worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apad121 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Apad121 Ad-Free
11th October 2016, 07:26 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Has anyone found a Qi charging receiver so thin that it doesn't bulge at all?
11th December 2016, 01:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apad121

Hi there

I have a qi receiver on the S4. My one has input: "self-adaptation" (whatever that means) and an output of 600mah. It charges at a decent speed. I use the LG G3 wireless charger and a few other wireless charging pads and they seem to charge at a decent speed. A full charge takes about 3 hours.

The cover does bulge a tiny bit, but it is barely noticeable trust me- definitely worth it.

The phone only gets a little warmer- again nothing to worry about for sure.

I am certain that it doesn't do any damage to the phone and battery. I have using wireless charging overnight everyday for the past few years on the S4 and nothing has gone wrong. I rarely use cable charging anymore

I recommend getting a qi receiver for the S4- it is worth it.

Is it today something better what can more than 600 mA ?
Can you recommend something good ?
11th December 2016, 05:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
I can tell you the one from Aukey, although it uses a flat printed circuit coil, bulges a lot. Enough I didn't want to use it. It was advertised as being "ultra slim 0.2mm", but when I measured it with calipers, it's more like 0.9mm. The ferrite pad on it is most of the thickness.
21st December 2016, 12:56 PM |#9  
Flag Boynton Beach
Thanks Meter: 1

More
No Bulge
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat

Has anyone found a Qi charging receiver so thin that it doesn't bulge at all?

The Fone Salesman S4 SlimPWRcard does not bulge at all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)