FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone keep their phone naked, and notnuse a case?

1,501 posts
Thanks Meter: 226

By tikay00, Senior Member on 6th June 2016, 08:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st October 2016, 03:19 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How can I get rid of the plastic chipping on the upper LCD side of the screen, a wrap wont fully cover it.. :/

11th October 2016, 07:17 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
I picked up a mint, pristine Galaxy S4. Looks like it came straight from 2013. I have yet to drop a phone in a decade and a half of using cell phones, so thinking about going caseless. How well do these phones hold up to being kept in a pocket? Being that it's plastic and glossy, am I likely to start seeing fine scratches from it rubbing on my pocket fabric in a short time? I had a 1st gen iPhone when they came out for about 3yrs, the chrome band started looking dull from fine scratches after awhile, and that was a metal band. I'm guessing the chrome plastic on the S4 might not hold up that well.

On the other hand, I've seen some phones get worn looking just from dust and fine debris finding its way into the case and causing a sanding action against the phone plastics. If that happened, might as well have gone caseless and enjoyed the thinness of its naked form.

I know it's just a plastic gadget of very little monetary value these days and I shouldn't worry about wear & tear, but I'd feel bad seeing it degrade because it's truly flawless. I mean I opened the package and was in awe at what spectacular condition it's in, lol. Had I bought an imperfect one, I probably wouldn't care.
10th May 2017, 06:36 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I keept it out of the case to prevent it from overheating since most rubber cases don't allow the heat to escape and it dramatically decreases it's battery life, my case can amplify sound however, but the sound quality decreases though that was a nice feature.. Also it makes the phone thicker and hides it's good design.. The good thing about it is that it helps you maintain a good grip on the phone and protects it from drops
15th July 2017, 07:10 AM |#44  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I bought this phone on the day of its release in 2013, and I refrain from using cases or covers or screen guards on this amazing phone.

The Gorilla Glass is true to its nature and there is not a single scratch on my pristine screen. Of course, the bezel which was silver, I think, has turned pure white!

I replaced the back panel in 2015. The back panel is the weakest link on the GT-i9500, but sturdy enough for this slim phone.

It also helps that I keep most of my devices in mint condition and have very rarely dropped a device carelessly. All my ports, the 3.5 mm audio and the Micro USB are absolutely fine.

At the time the Galaxy S4 Exynos version was among the slimmest smartphones in the industry, and I loved the feel of 7.9 mm Hyperglaze finished device in my hand, so screw the case.
22nd July 2017, 11:45 AM |#45  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 91

More
My phone is buttnaked and not a single scratch or dent yet. My bezel still looks new and silver. This is why I'm not switching to any other phones yet.
30th July 2017, 12:42 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
back covers
i use the rubber like leather back cover which keeps the phone safe from scratches or slipping from hand.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)