FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung i9505 and i9500 Amoled display compatibility

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Ljudka, Junior Member on 22nd October 2018, 09:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hallo,
I just bought a new display for my i9505, the item was guaranteed a genuine super amoled lcd screen for samsung i9500. I mounted it with no problem, put the phone with the new screen next to another i9505 with a known original super amoled display and turned both on at the same time. They both lit up,, but I immediately noticed that on the new screen, blacks in the boot logo are not nearly as dark as on the original, as pixels do turn on to draw black colour, while on the original display they don't (that is how all super amoled displays work, don't they?).
I reported the problem to the seller, who claims that the lcd is absolutely a genuine, original Samsung super amoled display for i9500, and that the reason why it behaves like that is that the screen is actually meant for i9500 and it is not compatible with i9505.
I did a little search, but i found nothing about the matter. Is there a possibility that the display may actually be a super amoled, and that due to some known incompatibility with i9505 it is under-performing, as if it was a normal lcd (not super amoled)?
Besides this, the screen works fine.
I'm asking your help because I'm in a dispute and would like to understand if I am wrong.
Thank you

22nd October 2018, 10:43 PM |#2  
If the screen is for the i9500 then it's probably acting up because of that. It also might just be an AMOLED screen rather than a super AMOLED. This is my guess anyway, I could be totally off here.
The Following User Says Thank You to StoneyJSG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StoneyJSG Ad-Free
23rd October 2018, 03:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
this screen is a non-original lcd. Both variants use super-amoled. his screen is only of poor quality, that is, replica second line or worse yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to ayala1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ayala1998 Ad-Free
24th October 2018, 01:57 AM |#4  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 66

Donate to Me
More
AMOLED and Super AMOLED
Let's go for a quick explanation ... the screen you bought is not original because we do not have 100% black and yes you bought an LCD screen.

This is due to the fact that, with AMOLED screen technology, LEDs do not emit light, but they turn off with a black background and therefore do not "work".

Already the technology Super AMOLED, brings to the consumers an update in relation to AMOLED. The consequence of this advancement are light smartphones with the screen even sharper and faster.

The innovation of the displays with Super AMOLED technology was the inclusion of a touch-sensitive layer, which resulted in the exclusion of a layer of glass on top of the screen, since it is no longer necessary.

Therefore, the main difference between AMOLED and Super AMOLED is related to the number of sub-pixels available. The higher the number, the better. The greater the presence of different colors and the intensity of light on the screen.

From what we saw the difference of the AMOLED and Super AMOLED is a quality of the image and the removal of the glass.
The two technology by what we see black is 100% (or as some real black speech)... then we deduce that you are with an LCD.
If I'm wrong, correct me.

Good luck!
7th May 2019, 04:41 PM |#5  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
A good and easy way to determine if your screen is a Samsung AMOLED or a crappy LCD, is to play a bit with some backlighting with the screen off. If you see some blue-ish color on the screen panel, probably is AMOLED, but if its black, 100% is LCD and not AMOLED.
This is specially noticeable under the sunlight.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)