FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL]Downgrade from Lollipop 5.0.1 stock to Kit Kat 4.4.2 if possible

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By lobomarino, Member on 9th February 2015, 11:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well gentlemen since there is much discussion in this and several forums of the S4 GT-i9500 on the possibility of returning from Lollipop 5.0.1 to Kit Kat 4.4.2 after to have installed the version of 4 archives + the PIT or the version of SamMobile + PIT and that all we thought reason why it seems that it can be but that nobody has verified is that I occurred to the task of verifying if it is possible to return from Lollipop to 5.0.1 Kit kat 4.4.2 and that the S4 is working without problems and the result cannot be betteIF IT CAN AND IT WORKS EVERYTHING.-.-
Tools:

Firmware: I9500XXUGNJ1_SER
PIT: PIT Adonis
J1 Modem: Modem J1

Process :

The first thing is being in Lollipop install a custom as Recovery like TWRP or Phiilz if not installed there, immediately afterwards to enter recovery and to do all the wipes and all the formats, already we remained in this point without UNDER.
Now we reinitiated in Download Mode while in the PC we run Odín with privileges of Administrator (we do as always it) and loaded the PIT in the corresponding button and firmware downloaded of Kit Kat 4.4.2 , we connected the S4 and when it detects it to Odín we give START and we hoped to that it finishes.
When it initiates we will not see that there is no network, we have in the bar of tasks the circle with the crossed line, we will have the IMEI either or NULL, NOT TO BE HOPELESS.-
Now we put again the S4 in Download Mode while in the PC we run Odín again (as Administrator not to forget) and load modem.bin file that we will have extracted of the downloaded one and removing from the folder J1 Modem, immediately afterwards the install it and to the minute the S4 will begin and now already it will have signal of network and everything working.
NOTE: So that it is clear and they are not mistaken, the install Modem not in the same process with firmware + the PIT, because it is not going it to take, in fact firmware has the modem including but in the installtion for some reason it does not install it, for that reason soon it is necessary to only make a installation with the modem and it is put in button CP (Phone).-

Here is an image that testifies grounds if they can enter the properties of the image:

This forum and I are not responsible for the misuse of this tutorial so I Beams Under your Own Risk .-

PD: Sorry if something is not in good English
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lobomarino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lobomarino Ad-Free
10th February 2015, 04:01 AM |#2  
Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 70

More
request
sorry sir but it is still not clear... i request u to upload video regarding this process
12th February 2015, 10:59 AM |#3  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 1

More
helpful topic but cannot understand
Hi there,

This is such a helpful topic but cannot understand the explanation (especially the second, modem part). Please put a video or screenshot.
14th February 2015, 06:03 PM |#4  
Flag Sargodha
Thanks Meter: 217

Donate to Me
More
I think it is simple..
1. Flash PIT and ROM together ( PIT for only people have 11GB )
2. After Installtion of ROM flash modem provided here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PremiumISM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PremiumISM Ad-Free
15th February 2015, 06:07 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is Knox Warranty Void untouched after this procedure?
I want to return Android 4.4.2 from Android 5.0.1 officialy updated over the air but i don't know what effect would this operation (like described herein) have on KNOX Counter. Can You check how Knox Warranty Void changes when system is downgraded by this method?
16th February 2015, 12:47 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexicon4

I want to return Android 4.4.2 from Android 5.0.1 officialy updated over the air but i don't know what effect would this operation (like described herein) have on KNOX Counter. Can You check how Knox Warranty Void changes when system is downgraded by this method?

Knox changes 0x0 to 0x1 .-
16th February 2015, 04:34 PM |#7  

More
And if i will not use custom recovery, if i will use only stock recovery to wipe data and only Odin for downgrading? What if i will use any stock firmware with this Adonis.pit file and modem.bin rendered herein?
30th April 2015, 02:28 PM |#8  

More
I OTA to 5.0.1 recently and totally hate it. Have been googleing if I can downgrade to 4.3 but no luck. Am hopeing that someone here can help. I've got the stock firmware and odin what else do I need? Thanks in advance.
1st May 2015, 12:42 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 392

More
@lobomarino

If this what you choose to call "tutorial" is the result of running a text through Google translate something must have failed in the process.
The purpose of a tutorial is usually to clear up and enlighten. Throwing out random grammar of English words is not helpful in that direction.

You don't have to perform Oxford English, but do give it second try and perhaps ask a friend speaking regular English to proof read.
1st May 2015, 01:29 AM |#10  

More
Hay plz upload the video
24th May 2015, 01:40 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
i dnt really undrstand , pls correct this tutorial before someone mess up their phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)