Galaxy S4 Value Edition (GT-I9515) (jfvelte) Root, Recovery and ROMs

Search This thread

niki.grifondoro0

Aug 25, 2015
Thanks, well I think you already tried to use all these recoveries. Twrp, cwm, and philz I guess it is my best opportunity to ask you what is the best among the 3. Specially for my i9515 your personal opinion is highly appreciated.
I think that TWRP is the best recovery for the i9515, because it is fully supported. It is developed and maintained by sombree (also dev of cm13, cm12 and cm11), it support theming, is touch and has an integrated file manager and terminal emulator. Philz and CWM are similar, as both are the version for i9505, don't support touch, theming, and don't have a file manager /terminal emulator. Anyway I use aromafm, also on TWRP, because the TWRP file manager is very simple. Aromafm should work also on CWM and Philz, but I'm not sure, and also has a terminal emulator.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9515 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: MrBrowseGierza

MrBrowseGierza

Sep 17, 2014
Metro Manila
www.kwentology.com
I think that TWRP is the best recovery for the i9515, because it is fully supported. It is developed and maintained by sombree (also dev of cm13, cm12 and cm11), it support theming, is touch and has an integrated file manager and terminal emulator. Philz and CWM are similar, as both are the version for i9505, don't support touch, theming, and don't have a file manager /terminal emulator. Anyway I use aromafm, also on TWRP, because the TWRP file manager is very simple. Aromafm should work also on CWM and Philz, but I'm not sure, and also has a terminal emulator.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9515 utilizzando Tapatalk
CWM I think has the most lack of features, TWRP can flash both zip and img files and UI is great. Your suggestion was the most informative. It even help me to switch to these recoveries time to time.

Since then, I think Philz is my choice since I have to protect my recovery mode. If in case choose twrp when I have to make dirty flashing again.

KidMarley

Oct 18, 2015
Update for jfvelte?

Hi all, has there been any updates posted for the GT-I9515?

I am currently running 12.1-20151012-UNOFFICIAL-jfvelte

MauroT03

Aug 17, 2016
I have the I9515 too, and i rooted it using KingRoot. Just go to their website and download the latest app and you're ready to root!

thorwin1999

Oct 19, 2016
Which TWRP version should i use with the GT-I9515? The jvelte version?

Which TWRP version should i use with the GT-I9515? The jvelte version?

Imayo003

Feb 5, 2017
After installing lineage on my s4 i9515 my sim card, band base and imie are not recognized. How could i fix that? Thank you.

sdstc

Jul 11, 2015
Denizli
hi there.. i was trying to turn back 4.4.2 stock rom but i failed much times.
nothing was wrong but odin fails
than i have downloaded all roms
not latest 4.4.2 rom but i cant remember now.
3rd or 4th kitkat rom has worked as well.

cr34t4r

Jul 25, 2014
GT-9515 Issus with touchdisplay after flashing

Hello Guys.

I hope your can help me. After flashing my gt9515 with odin 3.07 the touchdisplay won't work. Actually i have twrp 2.8.1 with lineageos 14.1 an opengapps on the phone.
When the os is up the touchdisplay is not working. I don't know what is the root cause for this issus. Please help?

Thanks in advanced.

Top Liked Posts