FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

JDCTeam 🥧 State of the Pie 🥧 Let the source free

1,852 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,498

By Buff99, Senior Member on 31st October 2018, 10:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just a bit about where we are and where things are going.

We have released eleven JDCTeam Pie roms, an optimised recovery and an aroma addon installer, so far:-

CURRENT ROMS
OptLosPie by Side
The original and best. Lineage 16.0 optimised to within a shade of it's life. This is a unified rom so all variants of S4 can use OptLosPie.
Pixel Experience Pie by Buff99
This is an AOSP based rom and is mature and stable. Gapps are integrated and it's a pure Google Pixel experience including home gestures and recents. But not really a tweak-able rom, though substratum and magisk work fine. OptLosPie is the base and it will receive most / all of the optimisations thereoff. It is stable and usable daily. This is a unified rom, HOWEVER it is too big to fit on i9505g versions.
Aosp Extended Pie by Buff99
This is another AOSP based rom but with a good range of tweak-able options built in while still staying quite light. OptLosPie is the base so it will be tweaked and optimised to the same level. It is a unified rom for all S4 versions and will fit on i9505g versions. Substratum and magisk are fine and it has it's own built in theming system. It is stable and usable daily.
DroidOnTime Pie by Side
DotOS is based on AOSP. It is a unified rom for all S4 versions, will fit on i9505g and is stable for daily use. Not yet fully optimised.
HavocOS Pie by Side
HavocOS is based on AOSP. It is a unified rom for all S4 versions, will fit on i9505g and is stable for daily use. Not yet fully optimised.
AICP Pie by Buff99
Android Ice Cold Project pie is a GZOSP based rom. It is VERY tweak-able and has some nice optimisations too. In-built theming is especially strong. It is a unified rom for all S4 versions and will fit on i9505g versions. It is stable and usable daily.
Bootleggers rom by Side
Bootleggers is based on AOSP. It is a unified rom for all S4 versions, will fit on i9505g and is stable for daily use. Not yet fully optimised.
GZOSP Pie by Buff99
GZOSP is Ground Zero roms version of a classic AOSP rom. It is light and lean and very few of the tweaks you never use anyway built-in. It is a unified rom for all S4 versions and will fit on i9505g versions. It is stable and usable daily.
DEPRECATED / NO LONGER UPDATED ROMS
OptLosPie-GO! by Side
Still the original and best, but slimmed down OptLosPie with features and apps removed to make it clean and lean. Lots of the same tweaks and performance. This is a unified rom so all variants of S4 can use OptLosPie-GO!.
Liquid Remix Pie by Buff99
Another AOSP based rom. It is VERY tweak-able having the most tweaks yet seen, some nice optimisations too. It is a unified rom for all S4 versions and will fit on i9505g versions. Substratum works, though you need to install a separate APK to authorise it. Magisk is fine too and it has it's own built in theming system. It is very close to Aosp Extended, though not as lightweight with all the extra tweaks. It is stable and usable daily. Not updated after May 2019 security updates.
Resurrection Remix Pie by Buff99
Based on lineageOS this time with most of the tweaks you expect on an RR rom. It is a unified rom for all S4 versions, will fit on i9505g and is stable for daily use. Not updated after May 2019 security updates.
RECOVERY
Optimised TWRP by Side. Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) 3.3.0-0 modded and optimised. Black theme and fast as you expect from us.
ADDON
Aroma add-on by SalimPS
The aroma add-on includes tested and verified versions of applications, bootscreens and fonts and can also uninstall a few pre-installed applications. The Buffcore Aduitor app has been moved out of the roms and will be exclusively distributed in the add-on.

GZOSP, Aosp Extended and AICP have July updates released.

OptLos v10 is very close to being released... final versions are in public test at our Slack channel. OptLos 10 is a complete re-base of the rom now based on proper official Lineage as it will be when it get released. So new device and vendor trees and a new V8 of buffcore kernel with all previous tweaks. All source in the kernel that comes from Samsung open source code is now based on the last Samsung drop, QK1 and it is HIGHLY recommended to use QK1 modems and bootloader now. Seriously, V10 is a new rom in reality.

All our roms have:
  • BT calling working.
  • Best camera performance on any S4 custom built rom.
  • Call recording enabled for countries which allow it.
  • Unified device setup which allows our roms to run on as many S4 / JFLTE variants as possible.

Side was bored and fired up his disassembler and reverse engineered some camera functionality that has been hidden since Samsung deemed it so. As a result the camera has more functionality from the original stock camera, is faster and has better quality

Our roms have call recording enabled. Some countries however are disallowed as there may be areas within those countries which do not allow recording and MCC codes are only to country level. We use the same list as Lineage and will not make changes unless Lineage do.

We do depend on on those of you with unusual variants to tell us what works and help out with logs when necessary.

Pixel Experience due to having built-in Gapps will not work on i9505g due to the Google variant only having a limited size system partition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOURCE CODE

As of 18th June we have decided to free the last of our private Pie source code.
Official Lineage 16.0 will be coming very soon and we would like to encourage more development on S4.

This means the unified JFLTE device tree and the vendor blobs. Note the device tree is an all in one "AOSP" style tree and will possibly need to be broken into common / Jfltexx / etc for use on Lineage based roms. We will do this sometime in the future.

You should now be able to use these as a basis to make your own pie roms.
We encourage users to have a go and make something to impress us.

Please post any questions you have about building with our repos in this thread or come to our slack channel jdcteam-pie .
Do NOT PM us about this, it will be ignored. All communication should be made publicly in this thread.
We will not be tutoring people how to build from scratch, there are plenty of threads about this on XDA.

https://github.com/JDCTeam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use this thread for general chat on our roms. It's NOT a support thread but other than that, have at it....

Luv Buff99, Side, SalimPS & Chibbo,
JDCTeam and the extended family of JDCteam-pie Slack testers.

🥧
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to Buff99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Buff99 Ad-Free

31st October 2018, 10:42 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
You are all welcome to join the official JDCTeam chat / test group in
Slack
jdcteam-pie

🥧
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Buff99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Buff99 Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 10:56 AM |#3  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 14,378

Donate to Me
More
perfect said... Welcome to reformed jdcteam guys

Where is android 10 ?hehe
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to side For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2018, 11:05 AM |#4  
Flag Soul Society
Thanks Meter: 197

More
BuffRom#1 - AOSP EXTENDED PIE
BuffRom#2 - Dirty Unicorns
Thank you for always thinking about S4. :3
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dVinsmoke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dVinsmoke Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 01:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Awesome. Will we be getting official LOS 15?
31st October 2018, 02:37 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
BuffRom#1 - Dirty Unicorns
BuffRom#1 - AICP or RR, whatever

HailBuff, Hailhydra, HailSide, my führer
The Following User Says Thank You to killer!os133 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift killer!os133 Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 02:49 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forfriends

Awesome. Will we be getting official LOS 15?

Los 16? Not from us certainly.
We know of no plans for this.
31st October 2018, 03:38 PM |#8  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 14,378

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff99

Los 16? Not from us certainly.
We know of no plans for this.

he meant official Oreo.
and answer is "not from me"
31st October 2018, 07:56 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 328

More
Ok so any of the variants will be official?

BuffRom#1 any solid AOSP based community... Edit. SlimRoms ,Paranoid Android, AOSP Extended...

BuffRom#2 It have to be RR! For the tradition with buff and RR since the very begin... 👍👏
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to L.F.B. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift L.F.B. Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 09:27 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Does jfvelte (9515) have too many differences to ever get support or is there another issue?
31st October 2018, 11:36 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drt0

Does jfvelte (9515) have too many differences to ever get support or is there another issue?

jfvelte is not that different, but different enough to need separate trees and kernel.

Bottom line however is neither Side nor myself have the hardware and we cannot / will not blind build for any device.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buff99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Buff99 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
buff99, galaxy s4, jdcteam, pie, side

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)