[GUIDE][ROM][CM13.0] OFFICIAL CM13 for SGH-M919 (jfltetmo)

Search This thread

Creeper36

Official_CM13_Horizontal_Header.png

OFFICIAL CyanogenMod CM13
for SGH-M919 (T-Mobile) jfltetmo

I will not be held responsible for you messing up your phone. It worked for me.. It SHOULD work for you.
This does trip your Knox Warranty Bit. This does void your warranty.

= Windows 7 ONLY: Download to your PC: Samsung KIES3 - found [HERE].
= Download to your PC: ODIN 3 v3.10.7 - found [HERE]
= Download to your PC: TWRP Recovery 2.8.4.0 - found [HERE].
= Download to your Phones External MicroSD Card: TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-0 - found [HERE].
= Download to your Phones External MicroSD Card: OFFICIAL CM13 ROM - found [HERE].
= Download to your Phones External MicroSD Card: Open GApps 6.0.1 Nano - found [HERE] (Look for 'ARM-6.0-NANO-[DATE].zip').
= Download to your Phones External MicroSD Card: MakePermissive-CM13-GalaxyS4 - found [HERE].
= Download to your Phones External MicroSD Card: SuperSU-v2.68 - found [HERE].

= Power ON your phone and boot into the normal system.
= CHARGE YOUR PHONE TO AT LEAST 80%.. if your battery runs out while your flashing or loading you will be in trouble!!
= Windows 7 ONLY: Install KIES3 on your PC -- You must install KIES3 in order to install the Samsung phone drivers -- You do not actually need to use it. (Windows 8/8.1/10 does this automatically on the next step).
= Win 7/8/8.1/10: Plug your phone into your PC via USB cable.. WAIT for your PC to finish installing drivers.
= TRANSFER all the needed files to your phone now.. put the files in a 'ROM' folder on your External MicroSD Card.
= Unplug your phone from your PC.
= Power OFF your phone.
= Bookmark this page on your PC.. then REBOOT your PC to ensure you exited out of KIES3 install and/or fully installed the drivers.
= Boot your phone into DOWNLOAD MODE (While Powered OFF - HOLD Power, Home, and Volume DOWN buttons for 6 secs, let go as soon as the screen changes).. then press the Vol UP button.
= Run ODIN3-v3.10.7 on your PC -- use "Run as Administrator".
= Plug in your phone (phone is still in Download Mode) via USB cable to your PC.
= In ODIN3: Make sure you see "COM #" and "ADDED!!" -- SEE HELP IMAGE HERE
* If you Do NOT see the 'COM#' and 'ADDED!!' then Samsung Drivers is Installed INCORRECTLY!
* If you DO see the 'COM#' and 'ADDED!!' then you Can Continue Below to the Next Step.

= Insert the 'TWRP-2.8.4.0-jfltetmo.tar' file in "AP" - Click START -- SEE HELP IMAGE HERE
= Wait for your phone to reboot into system.
= You can unplug your USB cable now.
= Power OFF your phone.
= Boot into TWRP Recovery (While Powered OFF - HOLD Power, Home, and Volume UP buttons for 6 secs).. Let go of the buttons after the vibrate but just before you see the small blue writing appear at the top.. I was holding mine down for too long and it would just boot like normal and not recovery mode.
= Install TWRP 3.0.2-0 by Clicking 'INSTALL' > 'Select Storage' (near the bottom) > 'Micro SDCard' > 'OK' > Click 'INSTALL IMAGE' > Find your TWRP-3.0.2-0.img you downloaded > Select 'RECOVERY' > 'Swipe to Install'.
= Go back to Main Menu > Reboot > Recovery
* This will reboot you back into TWRP and your Recovery version should be changed to the 3.0.2-0.
* Your custom recovery is now successfully installed!

= MAKE A CURRENT BACKUP: Tap 'Select Storage' near the bottom > Select "Micro SDCard" > then "OK"
= Backup: Tick (enable): EFS Only > Swipe to Backup -- Hint: Change the filename from 'Auto-Generate' to 'EFS-ONLY-'
* Note: You should only backup EFS by itself.. You only need to backup EFS one (1) time ever.
= Backup: Tick (enable): Boot, Cache, Data, Preload, Recovery, and System > Swipe to Backup
= Go back to Main Menu
= 'WIPE' > 'ADVANCED WIPE' > Tick (enable): Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, Data, Internal Storage, Preload, and System.
= 'SWIPE TO WIPE'
= Go back one menu then 'FORMAT DATA' - type 'YES' and press blue checkmark.
= Go back to Main Menu
= Install CM13 ROM by Clicking 'INSTALL' > 'Select Storage' (near the bottom) > 'Micro SDCard' > 'OK' > Find your Official CM13 ROM you downloaded.
= Install Open GApps by Clicking 'ADD MORE ZIPS' > Find your Open GApps you downloaded.
= Install MakePermissive by Clicking 'ADD MORE ZIPS' > Find your MakePermissive you downloaded. (see Root/Superuser notes below!)
= Install SuperSU by Clicking 'ADD MORE ZIPS' > Find your SuperSU you downloaded. (see Root/Superuser notes below!)
= 'SWIPE to Confirm Flash'.
= Wait for completion.
= 'Wipe Cache and Dalvik'.
= 'REBOOT' into system.
* Your System is now successfully Installed!

* After your initial setup you need to tweak a few things:
= Settings > About Phone > Build Number > tapped 7 times = 'Developer Options'.
= Settings > Developer Options > Advanced Reboot = ENABLED.
= Settings > Developer Options > Root Access > Apps and ADB enabled.
= Settings > Location > Change to 'Device Only'.
= Settings > Location > 3-Dots > Scanning > DISABLE (untick) Wifi Scanning and Bluetooth Scanning.
= Pull-Down Notification Panel > GPS (Device Only) changed to disabled.
= App Drawer > Google > 3-Lines > Settings > Now Cards > Turn OFF
= App Drawer > Google > 3-Lines > Settings > Voice > OK GOOGLE Detection > Turn OFF
= RUN SuperSU from App Drawer > SuperSU. (See SuperSU notes below)
= Install and RUN Busybox by Stephen (Stericson) from the Play Store.
= Enjoy!

* ROOT/SUPERUSER NOTES:
= A basic Superuser is pre-installed with this Rom. It does Not give you control. You will not be able to use the traditional SuperSU from the Play Store (updating the SuperSU binaries will FAIL). That's why I included the new 'SuperSU-v2.68'. It has updated binaries and works great with our phones with OFFICIAL CM13 ROM. SuperSU Pro Key can be installed from the Play Store. Busybox must be also downloaded from the Play Store and Installed.
= When flashing SUPERSU you will get a bootloop unless you flash 'MAKEPERMISSIVE'. MakePermissive is needed to change the SELinux Kernel from Enforcing to Permissive.. It does need to be flashed BEFORE you flash the SuperSU. SELinux is a Linux kernel security module that provides a mechanism for supporting access control security policies.

* NOTES:
= Restore during setup does not restore properly from any previous CM12.1/CM13 build, what I mean is that I first selected my most recent setup restore and it went to 'Checking..' then looped right back to 'Choose Restore Point'.. so I chose "Don't Restore".. then it still restored all my Apps.. so thats a bit strange.

* IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH MOBILE DATA, PHONE CALLS, OR TEXT MESSAGES ALWAYS CHECK YOUR APN SETTINGS! *

Last edited:

Creeper36

I have made an Ultimate Audio collection which includes a TWRP Flashable ZIP that contains over 1000 RINGTONES, NOTIFICATIONS, and ALARM SOUNDS.. pretty much every sound ever included in a device.. LOL! Its 181 MB... It might be a little too much but its also AWESOME!

If they all don't show up then you need to reboot so it can rescan for new audio files. Mine didn't detect them all right after I flashed them but after a reboot they all showed up.. File Permissions are already changed for you so its ready to go.

I cleaned up all the crap that didn't play and had crazy filenames. I can confirm that all files are playable.

CM13-Ultimate_Audio >> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24533100289590866

Last edited:

smilingcruel

Jun 15, 2011
BT crashes during call, not usable when using for call...music works fine with BT....also Android.acore is keeps on crashing making phone unusable....reverted to Jdct....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

smilingcruel

Jun 15, 2011
You are correct.. when making Bluetooth calls is freezes and must be rebooted.
Yup...I don't understand, but I may be asking a dump question...if jdcteam is sourced from cm13, why not official cm13 BT doesn't work...I never had any BT issues with official cm 12 or optimized cm13 jdcteam... Not sure why!!!![emoji33]

Creeper36

Yup...I don't understand, but I may be asking a dump question...if jdcteam is sourced from cm13, why not official cm13 BT doesn't work...I never had any BT issues with official cm 12 or optimized cm13 jdcteam... Not sure why!!!![emoji33]

Things are forked differently from build to build.. it takes some trial and error to find the right fork then edit it to work with the ROM. I expect problems (like SuperSU not working right) and it will take some time but Official CM13 for jfltetmo is HHUUGGEE! Its the first step in Official CM13 Status.

Reactions: smilingcruel

smilingcruel

Jun 15, 2011
Things are forked differently from build to build.. it takes some trial and error to find the right fork then edit it to work with the ROM. I expect problems (like SuperSU not working right) and it will take some time but Official CM13 for jfltetmo is HHUUGGEE! Its the first step in Official CM13 Status.
I agree....I was eagerly waiting for official cm13 for m919...I tried several 6.0.1 Roms but settled with JDCTeam as it was 100% prefect for me....may be I wait for few weeks and then I will test again official cm13....thanks

skarna

Jan 23, 2015
I agree....I was eagerly waiting for official cm13 for m919...I tried several 6.0.1 Roms but settled with JDCTeam as it was 100% prefect for me....may be I wait for few weeks and then I will test again official cm13....thanks

Ditto on the JDCTeam. CM13 was hanging on me every time I ended a call using the Bluetooth, plus it was constantly giving me the Bluetooth Sharing error. Here's my review on that release.

I last used the 4/20 nightly before switching. How has everyone's experience been since?

BTW - Thank you Creeper36 and all the other maintainers and CM developers. I really appreciate your efforts and bringing CM13 to our devices.

samprocat

Jul 1, 2012
Lincoln
I'm swinging back and forth without any problems and it looks like CM13 official is getting smoother each nightly version....
Only thing is work around for Bluetooth that if you have device that can pair phone and media you have to tick one off to work....except that I have very good battery with custom doze setting that will go to right after my screen is off and I can go 2 days without using surfing ....ordinary usage

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Like you seehttps://vimeo.com/165256220

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

5bb8c0b090093ad513fd566417fd7e71.jpg

I would like to know how many of you are using same modern

fonefonefone

Aug 15, 2016
Odin3 gives me a "PASS!", but when trying to boot to TWRP recovery mode, it just loads the stock android recovery. I've used all the versions listed above and am on an Galaxy S4 SGH-M919. Any troubleshooting tips?

[SOLUTION] Under 'Options' untick the Auto Reboot tab. After you get the "PASS!" message, remove battery and put back in place, then go directly into recovery mode with the usual button holds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Okay927

Kairin

Sep 29, 2013
Will this also work on s4 E300K? If not can I get a link for CM13 on e300k? Thanks.

Last edited:

aquatarkus

Feb 18, 2011
Toronto
Odin3 gives me a "PASS!", but when trying to boot to TWRP recovery mode, it just loads the stock android recovery. I've used all the versions listed above and am on an Galaxy S4 SGH-M919. Any troubleshooting tips?

[SOLUTION] Under 'Options' untick the Auto Reboot tab. After you get the "PASS!" message, remove battery and put back in place, then go directly into recovery mode with the usual button holds.
I also ran into this problem of only being able to boot into stock recovery and not TWRP-2.8.4.0, after installing it through Odin. Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't see the checkbox you mention here.

So what I did was:

1 - Rooted the phone through Odin with CF-Auto-Root (download M919 4.4.4.rar)
2 - Updated to the latest SuperSU
3 - Ran SuperSU and disabled KNOX (in case that was what did the overwriting)
4 - Reinstalled TWRP-2.8.4.0 through Odin, and then flipped out the battery right after Odin had successfully completed.
I was then able to boot into TWRP recovery using the usual button combination. I wish I had seen this checkbox last night!

yasmany.gutierrez

Jan 22, 2013
I've done all steps and i'm on cm13, the only drawback i'm experiencing is that the charge is not lasting as much as i'm used to, and sometimes the phone overheats a little bit with no activity at all. Thanks for the guide is pretty good.

callmepaull

Nov 6, 2017
Hi, I am new in here. I am trying to install my first ROM on my S4 device, but when I click on Download I get an error saying "Over Quota". Anyone know any other place where I can download this ROM or something better?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official_CM13_Horizontal_Header.png

OFFICIAL CyanogenMod CM13
    for SGH-M919 (T-Mobile) jfltetmo

I will not be held responsible for you messing up your phone. It worked for me.. It SHOULD work for you.
    This does trip your Knox Warranty Bit. This does void your warranty.

= Windows 7 ONLY: Download to your PC: Samsung KIES3 - found [HERE].
    = Download to your PC: ODIN 3 v3.10.7 - found [HERE]
    = Download to your PC: TWRP Recovery 2.8.4.0 - found [HERE].
    = Download to your Phones External MicroSD Card: TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-0 - found [HERE].
    = Download to your Phones External MicroSD Card: OFFICIAL CM13 ROM - found [HERE].
    = Download to your Phones External MicroSD Card: Open GApps 6.0.1 Nano - found [HERE] (Look for 'ARM-6.0-NANO-[DATE].zip').
    = Download to your Phones External MicroSD Card: MakePermissive-CM13-GalaxyS4 - found [HERE].
    = Download to your Phones External MicroSD Card: SuperSU-v2.68 - found [HERE].

= Power ON your phone and boot into the normal system.
    = CHARGE YOUR PHONE TO AT LEAST 80%.. if your battery runs out while your flashing or loading you will be in trouble!!
    = Windows 7 ONLY: Install KIES3 on your PC -- You must install KIES3 in order to install the Samsung phone drivers -- You do not actually need to use it. (Windows 8/8.1/10 does this automatically on the next step).
    = Win 7/8/8.1/10: Plug your phone into your PC via USB cable.. WAIT for your PC to finish installing drivers.
    = TRANSFER all the needed files to your phone now.. put the files in a 'ROM' folder on your External MicroSD Card.
    = Unplug your phone from your PC.
    = Power OFF your phone.
    = Bookmark this page on your PC.. then REBOOT your PC to ensure you exited out of KIES3 install and/or fully installed the drivers.
    = Boot your phone into DOWNLOAD MODE (While Powered OFF - HOLD Power, Home, and Volume DOWN buttons for 6 secs, let go as soon as the screen changes).. then press the Vol UP button.
    = Run ODIN3-v3.10.7 on your PC -- use "Run as Administrator".
    = Plug in your phone (phone is still in Download Mode) via USB cable to your PC.
    = In ODIN3: Make sure you see "COM #" and "ADDED!!" -- SEE HELP IMAGE HERE
    * If you Do NOT see the 'COM#' and 'ADDED!!' then Samsung Drivers is Installed INCORRECTLY!
    * If you DO see the 'COM#' and 'ADDED!!' then you Can Continue Below to the Next Step.

= Insert the 'TWRP-2.8.4.0-jfltetmo.tar' file in "AP" - Click START -- SEE HELP IMAGE HERE
    = Wait for your phone to reboot into system.
    = You can unplug your USB cable now.
    = Power OFF your phone.
    = Boot into TWRP Recovery (While Powered OFF - HOLD Power, Home, and Volume UP buttons for 6 secs).. Let go of the buttons after the vibrate but just before you see the small blue writing appear at the top.. I was holding mine down for too long and it would just boot like normal and not recovery mode.
    = Install TWRP 3.0.2-0 by Clicking 'INSTALL' > 'Select Storage' (near the bottom) > 'Micro SDCard' > 'OK' > Click 'INSTALL IMAGE' > Find your TWRP-3.0.2-0.img you downloaded > Select 'RECOVERY' > 'Swipe to Install'.
    = Go back to Main Menu > Reboot > Recovery
    * This will reboot you back into TWRP and your Recovery version should be changed to the 3.0.2-0.
    * Your custom recovery is now successfully installed!

= MAKE A CURRENT BACKUP: Tap 'Select Storage' near the bottom > Select "Micro SDCard" > then "OK"
    = Backup: Tick (enable): EFS Only > Swipe to Backup -- Hint: Change the filename from 'Auto-Generate' to 'EFS-ONLY-'
    * Note: You should only backup EFS by itself.. You only need to backup EFS one (1) time ever.
    = Backup: Tick (enable): Boot, Cache, Data, Preload, Recovery, and System > Swipe to Backup
    = Go back to Main Menu
    = 'WIPE' > 'ADVANCED WIPE' > Tick (enable): Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, Data, Internal Storage, Preload, and System.
    = 'SWIPE TO WIPE'
    = Go back one menu then 'FORMAT DATA' - type 'YES' and press blue checkmark.
    = Go back to Main Menu
    = Install CM13 ROM by Clicking 'INSTALL' > 'Select Storage' (near the bottom) > 'Micro SDCard' > 'OK' > Find your Official CM13 ROM you downloaded.
    = Install Open GApps by Clicking 'ADD MORE ZIPS' > Find your Open GApps you downloaded.
    = Install MakePermissive by Clicking 'ADD MORE ZIPS' > Find your MakePermissive you downloaded. (see Root/Superuser notes below!)
    = Install SuperSU by Clicking 'ADD MORE ZIPS' > Find your SuperSU you downloaded. (see Root/Superuser notes below!)
    = 'SWIPE to Confirm Flash'.
    = Wait for completion.
    = 'Wipe Cache and Dalvik'.
    = 'REBOOT' into system.
    * Your System is now successfully Installed!

* After your initial setup you need to tweak a few things:
    = Settings > About Phone > Build Number > tapped 7 times = 'Developer Options'.
    = Settings > Developer Options > Advanced Reboot = ENABLED.
    = Settings > Developer Options > Root Access > Apps and ADB enabled.
    = Settings > Location > Change to 'Device Only'.
    = Settings > Location > 3-Dots > Scanning > DISABLE (untick) Wifi Scanning and Bluetooth Scanning.
    = Pull-Down Notification Panel > GPS (Device Only) changed to disabled.
    = App Drawer > Google > 3-Lines > Settings > Now Cards > Turn OFF
    = App Drawer > Google > 3-Lines > Settings > Voice > OK GOOGLE Detection > Turn OFF
    = RUN SuperSU from App Drawer > SuperSU. (See SuperSU notes below)
    = Install and RUN Busybox by Stephen (Stericson) from the Play Store.
    = Enjoy!

* ROOT/SUPERUSER NOTES:
    = A basic Superuser is pre-installed with this Rom. It does Not give you control. You will not be able to use the traditional SuperSU from the Play Store (updating the SuperSU binaries will FAIL). That's why I included the new 'SuperSU-v2.68'. It has updated binaries and works great with our phones with OFFICIAL CM13 ROM. SuperSU Pro Key can be installed from the Play Store. Busybox must be also downloaded from the Play Store and Installed.
    = When flashing SUPERSU you will get a bootloop unless you flash 'MAKEPERMISSIVE'. MakePermissive is needed to change the SELinux Kernel from Enforcing to Permissive.. It does need to be flashed BEFORE you flash the SuperSU. SELinux is a Linux kernel security module that provides a mechanism for supporting access control security policies.

* NOTES:
    = Restore during setup does not restore properly from any previous CM12.1/CM13 build, what I mean is that I first selected my most recent setup restore and it went to 'Checking..' then looped right back to 'Choose Restore Point'.. so I chose "Don't Restore".. then it still restored all my Apps.. so thats a bit strange.

* IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH MOBILE DATA, PHONE CALLS, OR TEXT MESSAGES ALWAYS CHECK YOUR APN SETTINGS! *

Official CM13
    Custom Boot Animation
    (Flashable .ZIP for TWRP Recovery)

l4hLAudAhtbiPxjaw.gif