i9505 Set Warranty Bit: Kernel

Search This thread

ReevPL

Mar 8, 2014
Chełm
Welcome guys,

I have Galaxy S4 and I wanted to install Custom ROM. Unfortunately when I installed TWRP (the newest build), my phone displays "Set warranty bit: kernel" and then it boots into Recovery Mode (twrp works fine), but stock ROM doesn't boot. I don't know how to deal with it. Will custom ROM install fix that problem? I don't want to brick it.

I have access to download mode, TWRP (as I said before, when I turn phone on, it boots into TWRP instantly), but unfortunately ODIN doesn't recognize phone at all.

Please help :crying:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Does the computer recognize the phone?

After installing, did you select the option to allow changes to the internal memory?

Tried different USB cables and USB ports?

If you get the phone recognized by Odin, I suggest flashing a stock ROM via Odin and checking the phone to ensure complete functionality. Once you know the phone is working on a stock ROM, maybe start with an older version of TWRP such as 2.87.

Flashing a custom recovery should not prevent the phone from booting a stock ROM.

ReevPL

Mar 8, 2014
Chełm

After installing, did you select the option to allow changes to the internal memory?

If you get the phone recognized by Odin, I suggest flashing a stock ROM via Odin and checking the phone to ensure complete functionality. Once you know the phone is working on a stock ROM, maybe start with an older version of TWRP such as 2.87.

Flashing a custom recovery should not prevent the phone from booting a stock ROM.

I'm such an idiot. When knox is tripped you cant run stock ROM, so basically I just installed LineageOS and it works hah

Reactions: audit13

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I've flashed TWRP to a number of Samsung phones which cause Knox to trip and the warranty bit to change from 0x0 to 0x1. Despite this, I have been able to flash and use stock ROMs with a tripped Knox indicator.

Maybe the phone needed a factory reset using the stock recovery after being flashed with Odin?

ReevPL

Mar 8, 2014
Chełm
I've flashed TWRP to a number of Samsung phones which cause Knox to trip and the warranty bit to change from 0x0 to 0x1. Despite this, I have been able to flash and use stock ROMs with a tripped Knox indicator.

Maybe the phone needed a factory reset using the stock recovery after being flashed with Odin?

Aaaand here we got the problem. I tried to install twrp many times and unfortunately the stock one stopped running (dont ask, i dont know how it happened). Despite this everything worked but I wanted to install custom ROM and then that problem happened. It was just the lack (??) of stock ROM or knox blocked the availability to boot it.

Oh, completely forgot. I installed TWRP by LineageOS' tutorial on their page

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
It all worked out in the end which is the important part.

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm such an idiot. When knox is tripped you cant run stock ROM, so basically I just installed LineageOS and it works hah