[GT-I9515] [BRICK] Help with Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Full Brick

Search This thread

Liuk96

Jun 5, 2018
Hi Guys!
I'm new to XDA developers, but I've been following this forum for many years.
I would like to resurrect my old phone, a Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition (GT-I9515), witch is most likely bricked.
About one year ago, the device started to randomly reboot, until it no longer powered on (It was NOT rooted or modded).
Recovery also did not work, so I decided to flash the stock firmware with Odin. The flash failed, so i decided to follow a (really stupid :( ) guide that said that to solve it was necessary to flash a PIT file of the Samsung GT-I9505, so I tried it.

Since then, I'm not able to boot the phone anymore.
What can I do with the phone now? What have I tried? I'll try to be as clear as possible:

Recovery mode:
I can boot into recovery only by pressing VOL UP + POWER with phone connected to charger, and then inserting battery keeping pressed the buttons, but when I try to boot into Recovery Mode, 3 different things can happen:
  • It does not power on
  • It vibrates, then reboot and freeze in Samsung GT-I9515 logo
  • It vibrates randomly and then open successfully the stock recovery

Download mode:
I can boot into download only by pressing VOL DOWN + POWER with phone connected to charger, and then inserting battery keeping pressed the buttons, but when I try to boot into Download Mode, it seems that the screen freeze at a certain point while loading the recovery mode warning (this warning loads slowly, like a slide from top to bottom). The device rarely fully load the warning, and when it does, when I press the VOL UP key to confirm entering download mode (sometimes it does not respond to VOL UP click for confirmation and i must reboot) Odin is able to find the device but during a flash the Odin log stop at Setup Connection, so the device is not responding.

Normal boot:
Yesterday, after hundreds of attempts, I was able to start the phone normally (I don't know how) , it asked for the initial configuration and language, but when I turned it off, the problem reappeared and I was not able to boot it normally. In most cases, the device freezes in Samsung GT-I9515 logo, it continues to restart or simply does not vibrate or power on.

When charging, I don't see anything such as the charging battery icon or the LED.

I realize that I was wrong to flash that PIT file, but is there anything I can do to make this device work properly? :confused:
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.