FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

how to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3? i9505

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Abdu shraidi, Junior Member on 22nd July 2018, 07:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello
can you please tell me how can i downgrade my s4 from 4.4.2 to 4.3? i have the official 4.3 rom but couldn't flash it via odin. any help?

23rd July 2018, 03:21 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,032

More
You cannot downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 as the bootloader does not allow downgrading with Odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 03:09 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

You cannot downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 as the bootloader does not allow downgrading with Odin.

thanks for the reply, and what about a root with custom recovery? can i downgrade? i just need to know.
also since i couldn't downgrade i have updated to 5.0.1, there's was a problem in 4.4.2 and couldn't find a Solution for it. now in 5.0.1 the notifications pops up on the screen not like it was in 4.4.2 and sometimes when i'm playing a game it pops up and cover it. is there anyway to make these notifications not to pop up on the screen like it was on 4.4.2? it was only in the top bar.
24th July 2018, 04:17 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto

More
Root is not required to install a custom ROM or twrp.

Twrp will allow you to flash a custom 4.3 or 4.4.2 ROM but they may not have all the security updates.

The bootloader will be stuck at 5.01 and there is no way to downgrade it.

I don't know of a way to disable pop ups as I don't have an s4 anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
24th July 2018, 05:00 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Root is not required to install a custom ROM or twrp.

Twrp will allow you to flash a custom 4.3 or 4.4.2 ROM but they may not have all the security updates.

The bootloader will be stuck at 5.01 and there is no way to downgrade it.

I don't know of a way to disable pop ups as I don't have an s4 anymore.

thank you again, looks like i will suffer with these pops up messages all time, i did a search on google and found this, but i don't know how to do this...

by L_advent

You can turn off the heads up notification and still get the notification by using android ADB command (no root needed).
Here is the command:
Code:
adb shell settings put global heads_up_notifications_enabled 0
24th July 2018, 06:49 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto

More
For ADB, you need to enable ADB debugging on the s4.

I assume you are using a Windows computer so you will also need to install the ADB drivers and run the ADB commands from a command prompt.
24th July 2018, 10:39 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

For ADB, you need to enable ADB debugging on the s4.

I assume you are using a Windows computer so you will also need to install the ADB drivers and run the ADB commands from a command prompt.

thank you so much, i did it and got rid of these pops up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)