FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to fix: I9505 touch doesnt response in recovery (TWRP) and also after boot

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Martin_ger, Junior Member on 17th July 2018, 02:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I just changed from Stock ROM to latest lineage OS with TWRP. After installing some APPs, i figured out, when call comes in or out, display gets off (dark) and doesnt comes back easily. Now, touch doesnt response so I cant unlock with pattern. Booting to recovery doesnt give me touch response so I cant swipe for "allow changes".

How could i fix this? Maybe with flashing now Recovery or Kernel via Download Mode, but how to do? Thank u

17th July 2018, 03:45 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,031

More
I suggest flashing back to a completely stock ROM and start over.

The screen going black could be an indication of a problem with the proximity sensor. The touch could be a driver issue in the custom ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
17th July 2018, 04:10 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Edit: Airdroid Mirror doesnt work to unlock pattern lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

I suggest flashing back to a completely stock ROM and start over.

The screen going black could be an indication of a problem with the proximity sensor. The touch could be a driver issue in the custom ROM.

Thank u,
but i forgot to tell u there is working USB Debugging with working Airdroid. Befor the issue Airdroid Mirror works great (control movements and clicks via Windows AirDroid Tool), but now with the issue i cant unlock pattern lock with airdroid. No response while moving Finger/Mouse but function keys like home work in Airdroid and also at touch.

Any idea how to fix this special thing? Is this an proximity sensor error?
17th July 2018, 04:14 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_ger

Thank u,
but i forgot to tell u there is working USB Debugging with working Airdroid. Befor the issue Airdroid Mirror works great (control movements and clicks via Windows AirDroid Tool), but now with the issue i cant unlock pattern lock with airdroid. No response while moving Finger/Mouse but function keys like home work in Airdroid and also at touch.

Any idea how to fix this special thing? Is this an proximity sensor error?

Don't think the proximity sensor would be related to Android mirror.

Since you can't unlock the phone because the touch does not work, I would flash back to a stock ROM and check as many functions as possible. If the phone doesn't function properly on a stock ROM, it is unlikely to function properly on a custom ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
17th July 2018, 06:09 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

I would flash back to a stock ROM and check as many functions as possible. If the phone doesn't function properly on a stock ROM, it is unlikely to function properly on a custom ROM.

I just flashed one of some stock roms,this one: I9505XXUGNG2_I9505OXAGNG2_DBT frome the thread "go back to stock rom" and did wipe data factory reset. It installed some apps, but then no touch is responding.

I did opened phone, reconnected all cables but no luck. How to bring back touch is working?
17th July 2018, 10:02 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto

More
Try one of the stock roms from samsung-firmware.org that is specifically for the carrier that originally issued the phone.

Could the problem be a loose connection?
25th February 2019, 10:13 PM |#7  

More
Same problem here. Its an Samsung S4, german version.
I tried the jfvelte-version from https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalax...ueedition.html and it works great. Touch-screen works like a charm. Maybe this info will help other users.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)