What is AOKP?
AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.
We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).
With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.
Why AOKP ?
There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.
For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.
Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.
You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos
- Custom Toggles: Users can customize the buttons present in the Quick Settings pulldown which allow the user to toggle various functions of the device such as the Wi-Fi or the Bluetooth. Users also have the ability to create their own toggles should it not be available.
- LED control: The color and pulsing of the notification LED can be custom set for various applications.
- Navigation ring: Actions can be assigned to the navigation ring, to allow for quicker access applications.
- Ribbon: Allows users to use swipe gestures anywhere and enables a system-wide custom application shortcuts and actions.
- Vibration patterns: Users can build custom vibration patterns to be assigned to notifications from certain applications or calls from certain people.
- Native theme support: Themes, downloaded from the Google Play Store or from other sources, can be applied to give a modified appearance to the device interface.
- Permission control: Support is included for revoking permissions from applications such as denying their ability to usethe camera or wake the device.
- Permission control: Support is included for revoking permissions from applications such as denying their ability to use
- CPU overclocking: Increase operating speed of the mobile device to improve its performance.
- AOKP is designed to increase performance and reliability over official stock firmware releases.
- And Many More Features In Rom Control Section
Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format Dalvik Cache
[ROM][7.1.2] AOKP N [UNOFFICIAL][i9500/ja3gxx], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4
_Jackie_, Alberto96, vibhoothiiaanand
Source Code: https://github.com/exynos5410
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop Bootloader and Modem, TWRP 3.1.1 as Recovery
Based On: LineageOS
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2017-06-11
Last Updated 2017-06-12