[ROM][KK] MIUI-V7 NagashMod 5.0 [ ~ NoRecentsLag ~ TWCamera ~ light ~ fast ~ ]

Search This thread

Zanzy90

Feb 20, 2016
How is the battery life?(i'm currently using cyanogen 13 and looks better than the stock rom)

luptatorul

Jul 19, 2013
Iasi
www.something.com
Are messenger chat heads working? I tested MIUI before and they weren't showing up, only got notifications in the notification drawer, but the chat heads never appeared

demon2112

Jul 30, 2009
ijmuiden
Works better then the official only thing is that the numbers without countycode arent recognised in phone/contacts app

demon2112

Jul 30, 2009
ijmuiden
Damnnn even this build has random reboots

Does someone know if there is a custom kernel?

Last edited:

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Does this build have random reboots and device dont wake up bugs?
Damnnn even this build has random reboots
Does someone know if there is a custom kernel?
I have never experienced a random reboot with this ROM, only with other MIUI build, in particular I think random reboot happens when you freeze/disable/remove some particular system apps. Don't know if greenifying system apps you get the same result.
Another random reboot bug presents when the phone is connected to computer with USB and you are calling with mobile phone radio.

Works better then the official only thing is that the numbers without countycode arent recognised in phone/contacts app
You can solve the problem adding Country Code for all your contacts stored without a country code, use Number Fixer app in the play store.
It's not a perfect solution, but this bug is due to MIUI and I don't think I can solve this with little effort.
I forgot to put the program in to the ROM and to mention it in OP, will be integrated in the next release like Kernel Adiutor and MoreLocale2 are.

Are messenger chat heads working? I tested MIUI before and they weren't showing up, only got notifications in the notification drawer, but the chat heads never appeared
I don't know, I don't use facebook so much and I hate chat heads (and in general I hate always on services!) :p
I could try and report, if other people with this rom installed could try chat heads, please report!

Pls mirror

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
You are right, I wanted to upload on Mega but I did not. I'll do it tonight, really. (I only have 0.5MBps upload..... really deadly..).
BTW I don't have a full MEGA account, only the free one.
If you know some good site where to upload please let me know!

When it translate in Italian I tink is a good rom
9505 (ex9515)
Using MoreLocale2 included in the rom, you can chose the language. Italian is present and most of the rom is multilanguage (so also italian is present).
Some parts of chinese are here, it can be annoying indeed, but if you do not use the most 'social' MIUI app (music, gallery, themes) the rest is 95% multilanguage.
(I'm italian and I'm using italian language in this rom).

Last edited:
Reactions: idiversss and heblu

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Does it work for i337M?

I really don't know!
It's based on official Touchwiz for i9505, I have zero experiences with other types of galaxy s4.
If can help, the original Rain_Bow rom is released for "Galaxy S4 I9505/I9508/L720" in the chinese thread.

I used Ricky Kitchen to do the Mod, and I did not touch the kernel, only files in System (and obiously the META-INF for flashing).

I can not guarantee anything because I don't have that phone, but if you know something I'd be glad you to share in this thread!
Thanks

Reactions: badboyblue

badboyblue

Mar 25, 2012
I tried to flash I337M, but your rom failed to flash, i9505_shiro rom worked but failed to connect to the camera, i9505_rainbow doesn't flash, only rom for L720 Rainbow worked perfectly.

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Why i can't change the Lockscreen?
What are you talking about?
You can use themes to change lockscreen, you can put password at logscreen in the system settings, and you can change the background!

And another question, I received a notification system telling me to att the rom, it's safe?
I don't know, probably it will re-install the few app that I removed, and rewrite all the system files, loosing some personalization.
BTW MIUI update are weekly, I can't keep up, and usually do not add much.

When I can I will update my rom, if you want to try to update, please make a backup with your recovery ;)

Reactions: Reznoov

Reznoov

Dec 10, 2014
São Paulo
What are you talking about?
You can use themes to change lockscreen, you can put password at logscreen in the system settings, and you can change the background!

I don't know, probably it will re-install the few app that I removed, and rewrite all the system files, loosing some personalization.
BTW MIUI update are weekly, I can't keep up, and usually do not add much.

When I can I will update my rom, if you want to try to update, please make a backup with your recovery ;)
I can't put password, I ve already change a pin but when I lock screen it's normal without pin; EDIT: only pattern method work

Sorry for the bad English

Last edited:

wojnar

Oct 8, 2006
Hi is there any custom kernel for this rom?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Vicious89

Oct 1, 2011
NYC
I flashed this on m919 and worked smoothly for about 18 hours until it randomly threw me into an infinite bootloop with the miui logo. Turning it off and cycles back into the bootloop. Had to flash back to lollipop. Otherwise its a great rom, one of the smoothest I've ever used minus the bootloop. I would easily default to this rom as my daily driver if it wasn't for the bootloop. will any other 4.4 or kitkat kernels work with this rom?

SIMONEANTONIO

Jul 13, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Hi @nagash91. There is a new weekly miui build 6.3.5 by Rain_Bow released yesterday. Can you update your rom to new build 6.3.5? Your rom is the best and stable miui rom I've never tested and used. (sorry if I do grammatical errors)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    miui-7.jpg

Hello mates, I want to share my rom.
    It's simply the Rain_Bow MIUI-V7 rom modified to my taste.​

Thanks and references:
    [1] - Official MIUI chinese developers for i9505.
    [2] - Rain_Bow and his thread.
    [3] - flatzki and his thread.
    [4] - spinacz100 Polish Developer and his thread

BASED ON: MIUI-V7 build 6.2.27 (Rain_Bow) ---> Based on Touchwiz Rom.
    Some mod from: [4] spinacz100 rom
    In particular:
    - A lot of MIUI themed icons for PlayStore apps.
    - Multilanguage at boot (not fully functional, e.g. italian is not selectable)
    - Gapps included
    - Xperia Keyboard

If you want the standard Rain_Bow rom (MIUI touchwiz) or the Shiro rom (MIUI GPE based), go to [3] flatzki thread and use his instructions for GAPPS and so on (thanks).

~ FEATURES ~
    • Removed some useless MIUI apps (games, yellowpages, ...)
    • Gapps included
    • Multilanguage
    • Works also with TWRP recovery (others miui roms works only with philz touch recovery)
    • Changed UI sound (removed that horrible TW blop when touching the screen)
    • Super responsive!
    • Great multitasking! (1.3GB free ram on first boot, 700MB are taken for gpu, system, services)
    • NO SAMSUNG RECENTS LAG :highfive:
    • Call recording
    • Great UI, you know.. MIUI!
    • Complete Official Touchwiz Camera !!!

~ TIPS ~
    • DISABLE SMS DELIVERY STATUS: go to message app, long press menù/recents, click on "Delivery Status" toggle to disable it. (otherwise operator will charge you 2 SMS at every sms you send)
    • Switch from multitasking with icons to multitasking with previews: do a pinch-to-zoom gesture in multitasking view (menu button).
    • To grant root permission: open the app that need root permission, will say you have not root access. Now go to "Security" App (MIUI) -> Permissions -> Root Access, and grant root to that app. Now close the app with recents view (swipe up the app) and start it again.
    • If you restore apps with titanium backup, sometimes MIUI automatically disable permission for some feature (e.g. whatsapp can't see contacts). You have to set permissions from: "Security" App -> Permissions -> Permissions.
    • Automatically MIUI disable auto-startup for installed apps. Go to "Security" App -> Permissions -> Autostart to grant start at boot for an app.
    • Automatically MIUI disable the ability to downloads file > 1MB with Mobile Data. To set this gap or disable this feature go to: "Downloads" App -> touch the 3 dot menu -> settings -> Download size limit. (NB: at first boot the "Downloads" App is located in "Tools" folder)
    • Disable ZRAM or decrease it for better performance and battery life: KernelAdiutor -> VirtualMemory -> ZRAM DiskSize. My advice: 0MB to 350MB, not more. Apply on boot, and enable KernelAdiutor to start at boot with Security App.
    • Decrease ZRAM swappiness (if you use ZRAM) for better performance and battery life: KernelAdiutor -> VirtualMemory -> Swappiness. My Advice: 1 to 10, not more. (0 will disable ZRAM I think). Apply on boot, and enable KernelAdiutor to start at boot with Security App.

~ MIUI BUGS~
    • On reboot the date is wrong, but if you are connected to internet it will auto update instantly at boot to the correct date.
      [ FIXED BY @ra3 - use this zip to fix in roms from v1 to v4]
    • Calling with MTP active (PC usb connection) will freeze the phone.
    • Not all localization are available, for this I included MoreLocale2.apk in the rom. Start this app to select your language (you need to allow root for this app)
    • Multitasking with preview is buggy: just switch to multitasking with icons (do a pinch out in multitasking view the first time you use it)
    • MIUI random reboots/bootloops not solved for now Solved Maps random reboot?

~ FAQ~
    [Q] Why android 4.4?
    [A] MIUI PatchRom is not update to lollipop yet, so MIUI can't be ported to lollipop roms.

[Q] Why should I use a rom based on old android 4.4?
    [A] Because this rom is fast, have a lot of free ram also disabling ZRAM, have great battery life, I hope it's stable, have the official touchwiz camera (simply the best camera for S4) and doesn't have that orrible and shocking recents button lag.
    As far as I know, Rain_Bow's MIUI is the ONLY rom with touchiwz camera and without recents lag.

~ HOW TO INSTALL ~
    • Download ROM.
    • [Optional: flash GNG8 bootloader and modem with Odin]
    • Wipe data/cache/dalvik-cache in your recovery.
    • Flash ROM.

~ CHANGELOG~
    • Updated to last miui/rain_bow build (6.4.1).
    • Integrate fix for time (thanks to @ra3).
    • fixed problem with samsungTTS force close.
    • removed BetterBatteryStats_systemApp.

v4.0
    • Updated to last MIUI version (6.3.26)
    • Removed samsung TTS.
    • Debloated: removed other useless samsung files.
    • Debloated: removed some chinese and korean features (handwriting, keyboard, ...) .

v2
    • MIUI version: 6.3.5.
    • Included new data app: Number Fixer (for the MIUI bug: if not correct prefixed, contact name is not shown).
    • slimmed down: removed some samsung bloat.
    v1
    • MIUI version: 6.2.27.
    • First Release.
    • Based on spinacz100 Rom.
    • Included GAPPS.
    • Included MoreLocale2 and Kernel Adiutor.

~ DOWNLOADS ~
    ROM 5.0: [MEGA]
    ROM v4.0: [MEGA]
    FIX for v4.0: 4.0 FIX TTS - FIX TIME (thanks to @ra3 )

Rom v3: not uploaded.
    ROM v2: [MEGA] [GDrive]
    ROM v1: download link [gdrive] - mirror [MEGA]
    FIX for v1: download and flash this update if you get FC in phone/contacts app

Kitkat Modem/Bootloader not needed, but if you want you can flash one of these, I suggest GNG8. (thanks fatjoez).

----
    ~ VIDEO REVIEW FROM ISF ~
    @nagash91 MIUI V7 YouTube Review​
    (Thanks and thumbs up to ISF)

~ SCREENSHOOTs ~
    click img to get full resolution

4.0 online - 6.3.26

MEGA link
    FIX for v4.0 -- fix SamsungTTS crash
    -- Changelog --
    • Updated to last MIUI version (6.3.26)
    • Removed samsung TTS.
    • Debloated: removed other useless samsung files.
    • Debloated: removed some chinese and korean features (handwriting, keyboard, ...) .
    • Only 666MB... oh sh*t!
    @nagash91 are you build a new realese for the new miui's version 6.3.19?

Yes, uploading v3 (6.3.19 based).

Sorry for the delay, I'm very busy with courses and projects at university.

I know that probably today or tomorrow a new Rain_Bow version will be out, I'll update as soon as I can!
    I would like to find a method to use official OTA upgrade, with my terrible connection upload a rom is a nightmare! (upload<1Mbps :crying: )
    NEW!:D:D:D
    Author: Rain__BowVersion: 6.3.26 (MIUI7) Size: 884.29M
    http://www.miui.com/download-112.html

Update Log
    system

Optimize application launch speed, paddling fluency
    Optimize image decoding library to accelerate image processing speed
    Select the area to fix the problem bootable floppy interface Caton
    Repair mobile data network to switch to Wi-Fi system Caton problem
    Backup

Repair In some cases, a key switch after connecting stops running problem
    Download Manager

New members revised interface, support more Member Package
    Added "find resources" on page new revision, increase in resources and site collection features popular
    Clock / Calculator

Add new "sounds only once" when the alarm, choose the alarm is automatically deleted after one ring
    When adding new alarm, choose to repeat "holidays"
    Mika small package

Add small package Mika revamped interface, more concessions and benefits, there is a mysterious "discovery" channel waiting for you to view the way: Settings -> Account millet -> Mika small package