[JDCTeam][8.1.0]9 Dec][Substratum] The Android Open Source Project Oreo

Search This thread

xtil

Jun 7, 2013
socal
BT for auto is not working for this ROM either. I need BT to work for auto. It is against the law around here, to use your hands on phone, while driving. I would send log, but I don't know how. Sorry to be annoying.

Last edited:

CR4IGY_BOY

Dec 26, 2017
So a while back I mentioned that my mobile data could take up to like 2 hours to enable in places it used to work fine I assumed I had just messed something up in the ROM and a clean install would do it but I have recently gone on holiday to Greece and it seems to enable instantly every time I guess it must be the modem?

Touqan

Jul 12, 2018
Just installed 8.1 on my I9505 with OpenGapps 8.1 nano.
Really nice environment and smooth!

When will NFC be implemented for this ROM?

Buff99

Just installed 8.1 on my I9505 with OpenGapps 8.1 nano.
Really nice environment and smooth!

When will NFC be implemented for this ROM?

This rom hasn't been updated for over 6 months, it's at best on hold.

If you need NFC both the JDC OptLos rom and my Resurrection Remix Oreo roms have working NFC.

Last edited:

Ucsparks

Apr 28, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
A great many S4's have issues with the SIM card not recognized. It has been discussed in this thread various times.

Mine randomly tells me, too, that the SIM card is removed. Sometimes more often than not, and then it's just working fine for quite a while. I am pretty positive that it's not a ROM issue because it already started with Cyanogenmod 13, way back when, and kept popping up in every ROM I've been using since.
Sorry for asking please, I've got same device with you and I'm interested in installing this ROM. My question is, does the ROM read your baseband version while saying insert sim?

Check my attached files, the first one are ril files for GSM device and the second is converting a cdma based ROM to GSM

Now I use the 2 files for all custom roms I've always installed with this device else I won't have network.

Attachments

• JFLTESPR-MM-GSM-v0.2.zip
    170.2 KB · Views: 74
  • patch_cdma_to_gsm_for_android_global_phones_v4.2.7_by_mentor.zip
    653.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

InTheY2K

Oct 20, 2017
Tønder
hundebetten.shop
My question is, does the ROM read your baseband version while saying insert sim?

As this project is in a deep hibernation, from which it is not likely to wake up any time soon, I have migrated to Optimized LineageOS 15.1 in the meantime.

When the phone says "SIM card removed" (see icon in the status bar), I still see the baseband version in the settings.

Is that what you meant? Screenshot_Einstellungen_20180727-131815.jpeg

Reactions: pocketrule

cvenal

Dec 3, 2015
@-+BB+-
I would like to ask you a question and please answer me please,
I have a s4 i9515 phone and I have a version of lineage os 15.1 working well on my phone, but there is a problem I do not know how to find a solution for it. Wi - Fi works well if Wi - Fi is visible, but it will cut the connection If Wi-Fi is hidden, and if you try to connect to a hidden Wi-Fi after I put the Name and code of Wi-Fi Manually the phone does not find the Wi-Fi. Please tell me how to solve this problem and thank you.

nawrocki

May 2, 2011
Romhut has shut down :(

I would like to download this ROM, but Romhut is not available any more :(
Could you tell me please where can I find this rom?

Thanks in advance,
Pawel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JDC_aosp8_0.png

Oreo_1_update.jpg

The Android Open Source Project Oreo
    Brought to you by Jflte DevConnection Team

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

What is AOSP?
    AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Nexus devices stock rom without gapps. Anyway to get a working system I' ve added and adapted some changes from CyanogenMod , Codeaurora and LOS.
    Please do not ask for features to be added because we're not going to add more to keep this ROM small, fast and pure.

JDCTeam
    In alphabetical order:

Screenshots:

Click on the screenshots to get full size:

Known issues
    • Stock camera app half broken (Workaround: install Camu app from Playstore, Photos and Videos works fine)
    • NFC (removed from build ATM)
    • RIL: to be tested on CDMAs variants (Report on the thread if something is working!)
    • BUG REPORT NOT ALLOWED AT THIS STAGE OF DEVELOPEMENT
    • exFAT support --> FIXED + added NTFS support
    • CDMA Users: logcat and Radio logs for RIL are needed, as i don't have a CDMA device for testing, otherwise CDMAs variants will be broken forever

Download
    ROM builds are hosted on RomHut... issues solved!!

Installation
    Unofficial TWRP recovery with Oreo support is needed for installation NOTE: the recovery works with both N/O ROMs, no need to flash the official recovery if users wants to go back to N ROMs

Device variants supported: I9505, I9505G, I9507, I9508, I337, M919, I545, R970, L720, S970G, S975L.
    Do not ask if it works on 9500, 9506, 9515... or any other phone model that is not a variant of 9505!!

AT&T and Verizon users: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the UCUAMDB or UCUAMDL bootloader if you own an AT&T phone, otherwise if Verizon you must be on the VRUAMDK bootloader in order to use this ROM. Do getprop ro.bootloader in Terminal Emulator or through ADB shell to find out which bootloader you have

First time or clean install:
    1. Download the ROM from the link above
    2. Download GApps package for Nougat 8.0
    3. Put the zip files on your SDCard
    4. Reboot in Recovery
    5. Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    6. Optional: convert to F2FS
    7. Select "Install zip from SDCard"
    8. Choose AOSP ROM zip file
    9. Choose GApps zip file
    10. Flash
    11. Reboot system

Update over an existing previous AOSP Oreo build:

Via OTA Updates:
    1. Open OTA Updates app
    2. Download the update
    3. Press "Install"
    Your device will automatically reboot and install the update.

Manual update with TWRP:
    1. Download updated build from the link above
    2. Put the zip files on your SDCard
    3. Reboot in TWRP Recovery
    4. Select "Install zip from SDCard"
    5. Choose AOSP ROM zip file
    6. Flash
    7. Reboot system

NOTE: the "dirty" flash to update an existing version DO NOT NEED any new re-flash of Gapps... integrated BackupTool during rom install will backup your gapps (already installed) and restore them after rom update!

NOTE: This ROM is dex-preoptimized, so do not wipe cache and Dalvik after rom flash!

First boot after install/update takes a while, wait at least 5 minutes for it to boot.

General notes
    • Theming: rom has from this build the new SUBSTRATUM THEME ENGINE. Use the integrated Substratum app to apply OMS overlays (OverlaysManagerService).
    • We use 5.1 blobs for radio interface. Update your phone to latest Baseband and Bootloader available for your variant (must be a version 5.0 official Baseband)

• MAGISK: we tested v16.0 and it works included STWEAKS (with BB kernel installed, obviously).

Sources
    GitHub

Social
    Google+: JDCTeam Community
    YouTube: JDCTeam TV

Credits
    • JDCTeam
    • CyanogenMod
    • Google
    • CodeAurora
    • TeamSubstratum
    • PureNexus

Special thanks:

Daily ongoing changelog:

Check HERE to see the ongoing changes on development!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP 8.1.0 for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Qualcomm variants), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    -+BB+-, smeroni68, alucard_24, MattBooth, angelcalibur, franzyroy, hawkerpaul, javelinanddart, Jimsilver73, side, smstiv, josegalre
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSP-JF-MM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Beta 4
    Beta Release Date: 2017-12-09

Created 2017-10-07
    Last Updated 2018-02-23
    First Beta Release

Hi guys, GSM outgoing calls are finally fixed (big thanks to @ths@justremotephone.com for the fix :) ), so we can finally move to Beta stage :)
    Actually, camera photos/video recording works with Camu Camera app, only noticeable bug is NFC, everything else works fine, so no reason to keep the ROM in ALPHA stage

Here's the link of the updated ROM: Download AOSP-JF-OREO - JDCTeam-8.0.0-20171018-BETA.zip

Enjoy :)

EDIT: CDMAs users: please use this kernel: https://romhut.com/addons/kernel-b-...cdma-zip-74070beb-1151-40b6-a2f9-f166cc9ac862
    and post logcat and radio logs here: https://github.com/AOSP-JF-MM/issue_tracking_aosp/issues/119
    TIA
    Oreo 8.1 dp release

Hi guys, finally time for a new update, and this time it's Oreo 8.1 DP :)

Please remember that this update require a clean flash, upgrade from 8.0 is NOT possible

Here's the download link: Download AOSP-JF-OREO - JDCTeam-8.1.0-20171104-BETA.zip

Enjoy :)
    Oreo 8.1 release

Hi guys, time to update the ROM to latest 8.1.0 MR1 version :)

Unfortunately RomHut still has some issues, so builds are temporary moved to my AFH Folder, custom kernel is in Kernel folder

Dirty flashing has been tested and seems to work, but if someone experience issues after the update then please wipe data and reboot the device

IMPORTANT: opengapps are still on 8.0 version, this means that can't be flashed over 8.1 ROMs, so DO NOT WIPE SYSTEM even for a clean flash, simply flash the ROM wiping only data partition and reboot

WORKAROUND for OpenGApps flash:
    1 - Download Gapps zip file
    2 - Unzip the file
    3 - Open installer.sh file with a text editor
    4 - Search the string
    Code:
    if [ ! "$rom_build_sdk" = "$req_android_sdk" ]; then
    5 - Replace with
    Code:
    if [ "$rom_build_sdk" = "$req_android_sdk" ]; then
    6 - repack the zip
    7 - Flash it