Optimized LineageOS 15.1 for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (Qualcomm variants)
Brought to you by the Jflte DevConnection Team
* Your warranty is now void. * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
- Based on LineageOS 15.1 - Android 8.1 Oreo r_43
- August 2018 security updates integrated
- F2FS support
- Improved speed, stability, RAM usage & battery drain
- LEDify by JDCTeam - choose your favorite notification LED pattern at device's boot!
- Toolbox by JDCTeam - the all-in-one device manager
- OMS integrated / Substratum supported plus LOS themeing
- Spectrum profile manager supported
- Powered by BUFFcore kernel:
BUFFcore 2.13: fully optimized toolchain flags; reduced sleep timeout; dynamic file syncing - early_suspend and dyn_fsync by default; boeffla wakelock blocker; print to dmesg log when a suspend gets broken; sdfat enabled; fastcharge implemented (up to 1900 ac / 1600 usb); bcmhd wakelocks for rx and tx halved; libmemcopy and libstring sped up; io readahead to 1024k; lower min cpu governor frequency (270); power efficient work queues; voltage tweaking user interface; faster vmstat; autosmp hotplugging replacement; mmc crc disabled; allow for lower cpu voltage; reduce swapiness; optimize divide / multiply by power of 2; added tcp optimization options; set westwood default; force doze screen off helper; optimize cbfillrect function; reduce wifi wakelock times; nohz: reduce overhead under high-freq idling patterns.
- Many, many more - install and see for yourself!
All Galaxy S4 variants with Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 are supported:
- GT-I9505G (to be verified by users with version 4)
- GT-I9507 (to be verified by users with version 4)
All Variants with a locked bootloader are currently unavailable until the unified tree is further updated.
AT&T USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the UCUAMDB or UCUAMDL bootloader.
VERIZON USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the VRUAMDK bootloader.
Do 'getprop ro.bootloader' in Terminal Emulator or through ADB shell to find out which bootloader you have.
GT-I9515 is not supported (slightly different hardware)
GT-I9500 is not supported (completely different hardware)
Optimized-LineageOS-15.1 at AndroidFileHost: HERE
Unofficial JDC TWRP Recovery v3.1.0-0 for Oreo jfltexx: HERE
- Move any files you want to keep to PC - or you will lose them !
- Make sure you are using the unofficial JDC version of TWRP above. Earlier versions will give Updater process ended with ERROR: 7. Later versions will not work with Aroma. You have been warned!
- Download the Optimized LineageOS rom , root solution and a Gapps 8.1 package (nano / pico or larger) for arm
- Move the Optimized LineageOS rom, root solution and Gapps package to external storage
- Boot into recovery mode (hold volume UP, HOME, and POWER button for 1 second after vibrate)
- Wipe > advanced wipe > select (enable / tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache
- Swipe to wipe at bottom of screen
- Back to main start screen
- Wipe > format data
- Type ‘yes’ and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
- Back to main start screen and select Install to install rom, root solution and Gapps
- DO NOT wipe cache / dalvik / art after flashing as this rom is pre-deodexed
- Reboot System! Enjoy!
- Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back to Internal Storage
First boot after an install / update takes a while, wait at least 5 - 10 minutes for it to boot.
Phone will be hot / slow after first boot as dex optimisation of your apps occurs and media catalog is built of your audio / video files.
If the LED stops flashing and goes solid with any color then SuperSU did not correctly trigger the reboot. You can either pull the battery -OR- hold down the power button for 15 seconds till the led / screen goes blank, then let go of the power button. Then after another 4 seconds it will automatically boot and vibrate and everything is 100% normal. It only happens that one time on a new Rom install with SuperSU.
Available on:JDCTeam GitHubCREDITS
- Side - Lead developer / da boss.
- Buff99 - Minor developer / major meddler
- OptLos test team / Slack testers
- All of you!
- Diego Monaco - @alucard_24
- Dimitris Katikaridis - @side
- Franck Rohée - @franzyroy
- Ray Daley - @gadget!
- Jim Silverlock - @Jimsilver73
- Marco Zanin - @-+BB+-
- Matthew Booth - @MattBooth
- Mattia D'Alleva - @AntaresOne
- Mike Atkins - @FernBch
- Oliver - @angelcalibur
- Paul Harris - @hawkerpaul
- Paul Keith - @javelinanddart
- Simeon Ivanov - @smstiv
- Stefano Meroni - @smeroni68
- Yannis Menexes - @SkL*
You are welcome to join the official OptLos chat / test group in Slack optlosoreo
[JDCTeam][BuffCore][8.1]Optimized LineageOS 15.1 builds [Version4][10 Aug], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4
Source Code: https://github.com/JDCTeam
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2018-08-12