[ROM][5.1.1][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1

Search This thread

stengr

Feb 8, 2014
Are you running the latest modem/radio and bootloader?
Yes, i have tried like all modems/bootloaders. Tried changing routers firmware, channels etc. If i install cm11 working perfect. So its cm12 problem. I have read cm12 have different wifi drivers so i still hope cm team will fix wifi. I think they know the problem. Alucard tried to fix it in latest kernel but still not succesfull

jd1001

Nov 24, 2011
Good for enterprise

Does anyone using this ROM use Good for Enterprise? I can not get it to work properly!

W99DEY

Jun 21, 2009
Still getting the Bluetooth dropping out..... I will have to test this, but when switching devices I think you have to reboot to clear it.....

Reactions: d407974

seijisandrei

Aug 8, 2013
Quezon City
Noob question:

If I enable rooting, what type of rooting should I choose that is the same with supersu? What is the difference between app and adb root?

Please answer, I really want to know this stuff. Thanks!

smeroni68

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Milano
Noob question:

If I enable rooting, what type of rooting should I choose that is the same with supersu? What is the difference between app and adb root?

Please answer, I really want to know this stuff. Thanks!

This is not the right place to ask this question... anyway, app is for apk root privileges, adb for root privileges in debug mode... if you are not familiar with adb, you can avoid to enable for it. If you search around, you can find info about this matter. Close OT

Renda16

Aug 6, 2014
hello guys, wonderful rom, I wanted to know if it was possible to obtain the keyboard samsung s6 (or samsung in general). Thanks for any reply .

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
0421 nightly, my lockscreen>screenlock>pinlock not activating even after setting it. Just wanna know is just me or anyone else?

G@laxy

Feb 9, 2015
Hello, i flashed the latest nightly and no problem so far...

I just want to ask why in phone info (app from playstore) i can't see the pda version, csc code and country etc...They are all blank...How can i change this?

Thanks and sorry if i'm offtopic but i don't know where to ask... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nqctjt.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki:http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Main_Page

Important information:
    This thread is for CyanogenMod 12.1 builds for jfltexx (GT-I9505). The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Installation

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash CyanogenMod
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    • Reboot

Useful links
    Unofficial jfltexx changelog
    CyanogenMod Wiki jfltexx
    Jira issue tracker - don't report bugs for nightly builds!

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

Downloads

CyanogenMod:
    Nightlies: http://get.cm/?device=jfltexx
    We have de-unified the Galaxy S4 line. Too many issues with having them all in one and a maintainer's nightmare. Look for jfltexx builds now as opposed to the jflte builds you previously used.

Google Apps:
    OpenGApps (choose ARM, 5.1, nano)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    AntaresOne
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_jf/tree/cm-12.1

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-21
    Last Updated 2015-12-30
    @peppeson @lipps @kwert
    This is going to be a slightly long post. :) I started digging in to the Bluetooth problem, because it's been bothering me since, well, forever, both on Galaxy S4 (I9505) and S2 (I9100). Turns out its quite a mess with multiple moving parts, so to speak.

First thing I found is that the Broadcom vendor library for Bluetooth is missing an implementation for a function called "ssr_cleanup". Our S4 uses Broadcom, so this is definitely an issue. The implementation is missing all the way upstream in AOSP sources.
    File in question: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_broadcom_libbt/blob/cm-12.1/src/bt_vendor_brcm.c (Google: https://android.googlesource.com/pl...libbt/+/android-5.1.1_r4/src/bt_vendor_brcm.c)

This missing function causes the following error in the log:
    Code:
    E/bt-hci  ( 3577): Num consecutive HCI Cmd tout =2 Restarting BT process
    E/bt-btif ( 3577): bte_ssr_cleanup
    F/libc    ( 3577): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x0 in tid 9919 (bluedroid wake/)
    I did my own implementation for this, mimicking the ssr_cleanup in Qualcom BT vendor lib. Compiled, replaced /system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so and "Fatal signal 11" disappeared from the logs. Just as expected.

However, this is NOT what causes the random BT disconnects. ssr_cleanup is just what happens after BTU HCI commands timeout twice consecutively.

When BTU HCI commands time out twice consecutively, the following takes place:
    • ssr_cleanup is called
    • wait 20 milliseconds
    • "Killing the process to force a restart as part of fault tolerance" (i.e. the Bluetooth process is killed)
    So, just to test, I removed killing of the Bluetooth process from the code. Compiled, replaced system bluetooth.default.so, and ssr_cleanup/killing the process no longer happens.

Of course, this didn't help, because things have already gone wrong when the HCI commands are timing out.

As a note: at this point, the Bluetooth connection was stable for a random length of time (first test 3 hours, this morning a few minutes). Once the HCI commands start timing out, the connection will become unstable, possibly disconnect from my computer/car's handsfree, and it will remain so until Bluetooth is restarted. Of course, with the modifications I had implemented, the BT process was not automatically killed/restarted.

I googled for "BTU HCI command timeout", and found that it's a common problem for at least Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, and HTC One. On StackOverflow, somebody commented that: "Of note, with specific code, the Galaxy S4 will automatically reconnect when this occurs, leading us to believe there is an issue in the BLE stack that Samsung identified and developed custom handling for." So Samsung may have implemented a way of quickly restarting the BT process without interfering with the ongoing connections. I have noticed when using I9505 GPE 5.0.1 that sometimes the BT connection becomes unresponsive for a second or two, but then just resumes without disconnecting.

So what this boils down to is:
    • We need to find out why BTU HCI commands are timing out, and can we avoid it?
    • Figure out how to recover from this situation without breaking the Bluetooth connections
    • Or at least quickly connect/disconnect when faults occur
    Before these problems are figured out, I doubt that CM or AOSP will have reliable Bluetooth on Galaxy S4.
    Bluetooth works just fine for me on stock TW or GPE roms, but I really like CM much more because of its smoothness and functionalities...

I have thought of replacing the CM Bluetooth with GPE implementation. However, I do not have the skills for that. Simply replacing the BT-related .so and .apk files ended up in loads of FCs.
    @AntaresOne Any idea how to start fixing this BT?
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/105411/

you guys need to realize that the handfull of people contributing for jf have moved on from jf. we get no benefit from this. lots of complaining not lots of logs

Be assured that your work and join in discussion is appreciated not only by jf owners.
    [emoji4]
    jactivelte and other Qcomm devices profit when competent people do real coding in Gerrit like you do.

When comparing the commits of (not sure if still maintainer?) AntaresOne:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/owner:"Mattia+D'Alleva+%3Cantaresone%40antaresone.eu%3E"

with

dcd:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/owner:"dcd+%3Cdcd1182%40gmail.com%3E"

the difference in numbers of merged commits is jaw-dropping [emoji6]

Agree with you that output of logcat is more helpful than words like "X or Y not working".

Please do stay.

ThumbsUp button under every post is free to use in case you're in the mood to show appreciation.

Or started own projects based on CM like "Optimized CyanogenMod 12.1 builds". I still dont get it. Why do we need a optimized Build. Why can't people just contribute those "optimizations" and fixes to the normal CM repo, so that everyone can profit.

So, the point of sending patches to gerrit seldom makes some people acting bad saying that somebody or his work are useless. I have never been a fulltime developer with all the other things I have to do outside jf and while jf tree is practically done. You started comparisions between me and another maintainer, now seriously, do we need that? What can you get from it?

Some people still think that CM maintainers are paid, so I'm basically nothing more than a thief since I'm committing once in a period. Now dear people, CM maintainers are NOT paid. I am in Italy, not in the U.S., situation is very bad and quality of life terribly decreased. More than "losing time" on something which doesn't give me any form of payment I focus in working on what can really give me some money back, but I'm glad to commit on gerrit when needed.

If the dev(s)/maintainer don't read this thread (busy with work and personal life, summer etc.) is defined as useless, right no?

Optimized ROM is how I personally want CM, and 99/100 things inside can't be added to official CM due to how these things work. I am free to do whatever I want.

"Why do we need", remember you're not paying for what you can find here. You can't say that in respect of me, my team and whoever spends time doing something for the community. Very bad, rude and offensive. @feydakin: you used that ROM and now saying that is useless, nice job...

How many times I asked for a log and didn't get anything? I always checked this thread daily and daily wrote here before half of June. Even if I'm not writing I'm still always checking. Don't be bad and arrogant with me only because @dcd1182 is here, but keep intact your common sense, respect in me and seriousness as it was before. I have never been arrogant or disrespectful with you.

Lastly, just for the chronicle, my XDA activity decreased a lot since June (I have a personal life, don't know about you) and I'm sorry if I missed many messages.

Close OT.

Hi guys, which has been the most stable nightly so far? Thanks

Hello,
    I would install the most recent, always contains latest patches which are not available in the older builds

EDIT: I saw the other user said that every build after 4 August has issues with LiveDisplay. So install that one, I can't check myself if it's actually working or not at the moment

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    Official Cyanogenmod 12.1 Snapshot Stable Released For GT-I9505

Check Here:-https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltexx