[ROM][Unofficial][4.4.4] LineageOS 11.0 based Galaxy S4 i9505 (jflte) [2019-12-24]

Search This thread

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
White Lake
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Inspire 4G
New build is up containing 4.4.4 relevant parts of ASB 2018-05-01.
Link to be found in OP

Hi there first off hats to you for your hard work and dedication for this device but unfortunately i have a problem with youtube in your latest build. Youtube crashes to homescreen when clicking on any youtube video to watch so i cant watch any youtube videos. Im hoping you can find a fix as i really want to use this rom as my daily driver. Hope to hear from you soon again thanks for your hard work:)

grzwolf

Mar 7, 2009
Großenstein
Hi there first off hats to you for your hard work and dedication for this device but unfortunately i have a problem with youtube in your latest build. Youtube crashes to homescreen when clicking on any youtube video to watch so i cant watch any youtube videos. Im hoping you can find a fix as i really want to use this rom as my daily driver. Hope to hear from you soon again thanks for your hard work:)

You're absolutely sure, only the latest build is affected?
I'm rather afraid, it never did work well ...

Anyway, generate a logfile:
  • open terminal app (stock Android Terminal Emulator Jack Palevich), !! not !! the widget
  • $su (root is needed to capture messages from all processes, prompt will change from $ to #)
  • #logcat -c (have clean/fresh logcat)
  • #logcat > /sdcard/log.txt (start log messages capture, log.txt will be found in /sdcard or /storage/emulated/0)
  • let terminal run in background (push home button)
  • provoke failing (bad ROM) scenario
  • switch back to terminal (long press home) and close terminal (X in title bar)
Repeat steps above with a succeeding/good ROM and post both logfiles.

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
White Lake
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Inspire 4G
You're absolutely sure, only the latest build is affected?
I'm rather afraid, it never did work well ...

Anyway, generate a logfile:
open terminal app (stock Android Terminal Emulator Jack Palevich), !! not !! the widget
$su (root is needed to capture messages from all processes, prompt will change from $ to #)
#logcat -c (have clean/fresh logcat)
#logcat > /sdcard/log.txt (start log messages capture, log.txt will be found in /sdcard or /storage/emulated/0)
let terminal run in background (push home button)
provoke failing (bad ROM) scenario
switch back to terminal (long press home) and close terminal (X in title bar)

Repeat steps above with a succeeding/good ROM and post both logfiles.

I don't know which builds are affected but I can tell you its an issue in most of your builds. Its an issue that I personally don't know how to fix but I know lord nerevar from the nexus 7 2012 forums knows the answer and the fix. He fixed this YouTube issue in his latest slimkat ROM so you might want to ask him how to fix it. Until then I can't use your rom as I rely on watching YouTube videos daily.

You can check his thread here:

https://xdaforums.com/nexus-7/orig-development/rom-unofficial-slimkat-9-0-grouper-t3214142

Buff99

I don't know which builds are affected but I can tell you its an issue in most of your builds. Its an issue that I personally don't know how to fix but I know lord nerevar from the nexus 7 2012 forums knows the answer and the fix. He fixed this YouTube issue in his latest slimkat ROM so you might want to ask him how to fix it. Until then I can't use your rom as I rely on watching YouTube videos daily.

You can check his thread here:

https://xdaforums.com/nexus-7/orig-development/rom-unofficial-slimkat-9-0-grouper-t3214142
Have you tried an alternate youtube app? I would recommend newpipe.
Probably the media system in the ROM is just too old for formats YouTube thinks it should use today. Newpipe allows you to force a particular format.

Reactions: JT1510365

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
White Lake
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Inspire 4G
Have you tried an alternate youtube app? I would recommend newpipe.
Probably the media system in the ROM is just too old for formats YouTube thinks it should use today. Newpipe allows you to force a particular format.

No I haven't I usually I stay away from those as I want to use only the official YouTube app.

I talked to another dev who fixed this issue and he told me how to stop yt from crashing.

The reason it crashes is because of one of the system lib files which is the lib stagefright OMX file you need to replace that file with a different file which I provided in my flashable fix I attached. My fix should fix YouTube crashing fully as well as maybe other apps. Thanks for your hard work though gzrwolf and I'm glad I got YouTube fixed now:)

I'm glad I can now enjoy this ROM:)

Attachments

• Lineage11YoutubeStagefrightCrashingFix.zip
    167.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Tombab

Sep 15, 2018
I apologize if this has been asked before and it slipped past my eyes, but I wonder how can I change name for my phone? I have checked everywhere but I can't find setting to change it. When I logged into my Google account I received email security notification from Google that "Unknown device" has been used to log into my account which is my phone.

Tombab

Sep 15, 2018
Thanks. Unfortunately this rom seem to be a bit unstable on my phone and freezes now and then at random situations. Last time I received text message and went to see it and message app froze so that I had to reboot the phone. I did clean flash and used gapps from link provided in this discussion (opengapps 4.4 didn't work). Also this ROM seem to make phone run hot.

I just want to find ROM that has up to date security patches and doesn't make my phone heat up excessively. So far I've tried LineageOS 14.1 and custom LineageOS 13 but they also make phone run very hot during simple web browsing. I was very happy to use stock Samsung Kitkat 4.4.2 and it kept phone cool most of the time but Samsung stopped supporting it long time ago.

grzwolf

Mar 7, 2009
Großenstein
Thanks. Unfortunately this rom seem to be a bit unstable on my phone and freezes now and then at random situations. Last time I received text message and went to see it and message app froze so that I had to reboot the phone. I did clean flash and used gapps from link provided in this discussion (opengapps 4.4 didn't work). Also this ROM seem to make phone run hot.

I just want to find ROM that has up to date security patches and doesn't make my phone heat up excessively. So far I've tried LineageOS 14.1 and custom LineageOS 13 but they also make phone run very hot during simple web browsing. I was very happy to use stock Samsung Kitkat 4.4.2 and it kept phone cool most of the time but Samsung stopped supporting it long time ago.

No such issues on my S4.
Perhaps try another browser.
You sure not having an app running amok? Use "BetterBatteryStats" to find out.

Reactions: ze7zez

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i9505 LineageOS (former CyanogenMod) 11.0 - ABANDONED

LineageOS (as well as CM did until December 2016) still maintains the cm11.0 / 4.4.4 sources to keep pace with 'The Android Security Bulletin' (ASB).
    https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/index.html.
    Patches for security issues are released at least once a month to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository.
    Patches for Android 4.4.4 are not provided by ASB anymore.
    This means, security wise Android 4.4.4 is formally dead.
    Nevertheless there are a few enthusiasts, still backporting security patches from recent Android versions to 4.4.4.
    You should know, such backports are no formal ASB security patches.
    Therefore the security patch level of this ROM is named: Unofficial Security Backport "December 2019".

Despite of implementing these security patches by the LineageOS team to its own repository https://github.com/LineageOS,
    LineageOS does not provide cm11 builds anymore.
    Since I personally like 4.4.4. more than later versions, I build it myself unofficially and would like to share it.
    The build is made from LineageOS "Branch: cm-11.0" PLUS ASB security patches, even if they are not yet approved by LineageOS.

Instructions:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! 
     */

First time flashing cm11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM
    - download the zip
    - install a compatible recovery
    - perform a recovery backup of your current ROM
    - wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    - flash ROM
    - optional: install the Google Apps addon package

Download Link:
    << latest 2019/12/24 >> Unofficial Security Backport "December 2019"
    Android File Host

Included:
    LineageOS per 2019-12-24 status merged at LineageOS
    LineageOS per 2019-12-24 status open at LineageOS topics asb-2019.12-cm11

Note
    The stock browser is removed from this ROM due to severe security issues, which cannot get fixed.
    Get a state of art browser (like firefox) from play store instead.

Older Downloads

Known Issues:
    a) xposed not supported
    Update 2017/08/27:
    A fix is provided by Lenny Bard, see instructions at post here.
    Be aware, this fix will revert/break some security patches.

b) stock camera HDR mode is unstable

c) In case of xposed, one could experience issues with gesture typing.
    Fix provided by lamuzi: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76504202&postcount=199

Extra Kernels:
    #1: LOS 14.1 Kernel for the LOS ROM 11.0 S4
    It turned out (thanks to side), the LOS 14.1 kernel works in conjunction with LOS 11.0.
    Just a small modification to its ramdisk was needed.
    Benefit: Security wise the LOS 14.1 kernel is much more advanced compared to the LOS 11.0 kernel.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195915686

#2: 14.1 SideCore Kernel by Lenny Bard modified to work in conjunction with this LOS 11.0 ROM
    See Forum Post provided by Lenny Bard

Credits:
    LineageOS
    xpduyson - ASB patches
    Tim Schumacher - ASB patches + KRACK fix patches
    MSe1969 - ASB patches + KRACK fix patches
    Android-Andy - security patches
    syphyr - security patches
    New build is up containing 4.4.4 relevant parts of ASB 2018-04-01.
    Link to be found in OP
    New build is up containing 4.4.4 relevant parts of ASB 2018-08.
    Link to be found in OP
    WHOAAAAAAAAAAA i love that concept!!!!i will definately try mate
    its so funny guys...u are asking questions about rom and just waiting for answer...
    dont u respect the dev who spend some hours to build/upload ?
    Just give a try to the rom...thats the "thank you" he want from u....come on!