[ROM][7.1.1][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS builds[Jan 20][jfltexx]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kenetix

May 29, 2012
Browser issue

Had this problem on another rom. When you go to type in the search box, it will stop showing the type. If you hit enter, it will show up right, but you can't see what you are typing. I went ahead and installed opera mini. It works fine. I can grab a log if you want. Thanks for the build. Now, get some rest, you greek stud.

Reactions: side

prohibeat

Jan 29, 2008
@side, this is what I encountered so far: silent calls both incoming and outgoing and last night I left my phone beside my bed fully charged and in the morning battery was totally drained.

davidvanwijk

Jan 5, 2015
Alkmaar
OnePlus 8T
@side, this is what I encountered so far: silent calls both incoming and outgoing and last night I left my phone beside my bed fully charged and in the morning battery was totally drained.
I also have no audio making a call or receiving one.

After reboot problem gone: I can call with audio, which is nice [emoji2]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P7500 met Tapatalk

Last edited:

achmetinternet

Mar 24, 2011
It would be really nice though if you could change several things with regards to the initial post:

1. change ROM OS Version from MM to Nougat
2. rename the downloadable zip file correctly with the year 2017, not 2016
3. where it reads "Flash CyanogenMod" should that not be LineageOS now?

Just mentioning it since several people repeat the same question, esp. point 1.

kxymm

Nov 29, 2012
Last ROM is for January 02? When I entering in link only ROM is for day 02.

LinkinParkBoy

Jul 24, 2016
Lisbon
As we all know, battery is not great on our device & of course is related to your usage & battery age. I'm not a heavy user but over a couple days test I thought battery drain was pretty good compared to other similar roms I have tried. Do you use any Batt optimization apps?

Nop, do u recommend? I had the last CM nightly and the baterry life is good, i always have the same app's installed too, and always clean install when i install a new rom :good:

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
one BUG

just installed.
Battery drain need testing - will report tomorrow or so -!

One Bug:
this app makes problems: navigator (currently unable to post links, cause shiny new user, arrggghhh)
when I open a map app crashes.

Idea's ?

Update
======
Regarding battery drain:
charged the phone at 02:34 up to 94 % now(~ 15 p.m.) it is at 83 %. (CM 13 was ~4-5 % within 24 h)
phone lays unused on the table.
Battery is original and 3,5 years old.

Update 2
=======
new install with build 20170107 my navigator bug is gone !

Last edited:
Reactions: haoyangw

wooser

Jun 14, 2013
Will you be the maintainer of official los as well?

Last edited:

smeroni68

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Milano
Well, it does say "nightlies" in the thread title, which would imply daily builds.
But this is not the case here and it is a bit misleading.
This is an unofficial thread... nightly means that the builds are built from original source code... but built with a private pc... if you contribute to pay the time and power-suply... maybe OP will release every day! But i think he has other stuff to do than build dayly for you. [emoji23]

Xiaomi Mi5 Pro on AOSP 7.1.1 (JDC)

Reactions: side
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS builds for jfltexx (GT-I9505). The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Installed SuperSU
    • Modified system files

Installation

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible recovery
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash CyanogenMod
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    • Reboot

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

Downloads
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=141380

Source:
    https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/dkati/lineageOS-jf-nightly

Google Apps:
    OpenGApps (choose ARM, 7.1, nano)

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 for the Galaxy S4 I9505, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

ROM OS Version: 7.1.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.1][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS builds [Jan 07][jfltexx], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    side
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-01-07
    Last Updated 2017-01-20
    i have already answered about whats the difference of this build and benlue's .dont make me repeat my words.

lets clear some things.i do not want to be οfficial maintainer of CM-14.1 nightly anymore.
    the main reason is ,that i dont feel comfortable/respected by the S4 community and its users/devs.so why should i spend my days
    for something like that ?
    i make my fixes and port them to OptCM ROM series...if @BenLue makes some "smart" edits/tweaks on jf device tree/blobs S4 thats fine.i hope him the best with this.but can he honestly MAINTAIN it ? he better think about it twice .its a BIG responsibility to take that maintaince.he will hold the nightlies on his hands.i respect that guy just for the amount of hours he spent for our s4.

when the official lineageos released , i will close that thread to respect the official maintainer.

people who really deved οn S4(Look to the old devs),knows what will be ...track that post and come read it again in 1 year.

i wont reply to any quote of this message.its a dev thread.not a chat
    PS.
    i would prefer @zwliew as maintainer or @invisiblek
    PS2
    i respect every dev who really does something on S4 and knows how to work in a 'community'
    @side, not sure why you would think you're not respected as a dev for S4. I for one have used your builds consistently and continue to do so. Just because some folks make dumb comments, don't think we all think that way. I would venture and say 95% of this community appreciates your work and support for our old device and want you to keep at it lest our device die!

Thanks again!
    new build is up