PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO FLASH TWRP FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S LTEA i9506, Can't flash TWRP.

Search This thread

2nd Pain

Sep 4, 2016
Hello to all Geniuses :) would anyone help me about TWRP for samsung S 4 i9506? I tried almost all method like App of TWRP Official ( When finished flashing twrp and try to restart, the phone will stuck on logo). I also tried to use ODIN but when I load TWRP.tar file in PDA button, the ODIN will be NOT RESPONDING. My samsung is currently Kitkat version. I really want to flash Rom cause I think its Stock rom has some problem. Thanks In Advance XDA FORUMS ! :D:D

May 21, 2014
Hello to all Geniuses :) would anyone help me about TWRP for samsung S 4 i9506? I tried almost all method like App of TWRP Official ( When finished flashing twrp and try to restart, the phone will stuck on logo). I also tried to use ODIN but when I load TWRP.tar file in PDA button, the ODIN will be NOT RESPONDING. My samsung is currently Kitkat version. I really want to flash Rom cause I think its Stock rom has some problem. Thanks In Advance XDA FORUMS ! :D:D
At the first time, you have to update to the last stock rom (android 5.0.1) and then, flash twrp with odin:
-enable debugging usb, with samsung drivers installed in your pc

-unchecking autoreboot option and when the flash was finished put off the battery and put on again and start your phone in recovery mode to flash the rom or your zip that you want.

Regards.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9506 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: 2nd Pain

2nd Pain

Sep 4, 2016
No latest update.

At the first time, you have to update to the last stock rom (android 5.0.1) and then, flash twrp with odin:

-unchecking autoreboot option and when the flash was finished put off the battery and put on again and start your phone in recovery mode to flash the rom or your zip that you want.

Regards.

I'm afraid that when i check software update, it says it is the latest update and i can check the update again within 24 Hrs.
But I'll try the option in ODIN you mention :)

Now I Tried the Option you gave.
Odin >It says ADDED! > Then i click PA (Open TWRP_3.0.3.0_ks01lte_20161218.tar.md5) > And Click start. This what happens next.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Do you Have any solution for this? Please help me :)

Last edited:
May 21, 2014
I'm afraid that when i check software update, it says it is the latest update and i can check the update again within 24 Hrs.

Odin >It says ADDED! > Then i click PA (Open TWRP_3.0.3.0_ks01lte_20161218.tar.md5) > And Click start. This what happens next.

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

If you have I9506 model, you have lollipop update. Then you have install manual update with odin the last rom of your region in sammobile.com

And when you have 5.0.1 installed in your device you can flash twrp 3.0.2 o 3.0.3.

You must update your device.

2nd Pain

Sep 4, 2016
If you have I9506 model, you have lollipop update. Then you have install manual update with odin the last rom of your region in sammobile.com

And when you have 5.0.1 installed in your device you can flash twrp 3.0.2 o 3.0.3.

Ok sir, I found the region Australia (TELSTRA) in sammobile and i can see in the list of that region the Build number same as my I9506 now (I9506XXUCNJ2) and it is 4.4.2. above it i see 5.0.1 and its build number is (I9506XXUDOL2), is it the right ROM?

May 21, 2014
Hello again sir. I downloaded the 5.0.1 of my S4 i9506. Is the method flashing this file is same as for TWRP?
You have to enable debbuging usb in developers options (configuration menu)

You must be installed samsung drivers on your PC.

Put your phone in download mode

Wait that your pc recognize your deviced

Open ODIN as administrator and put the ROM stock .tar in AP.

And then, press start.

Be careful that repartition is not ticked.

It is almost the same method to flash twrp, but to flash twrp you must no ticket autoreboot because if the phone auotreboot the custom recovery is deleted.

2nd Pain

Sep 4, 2016
Thanks sir.

And then, press start.

It is almost the same method to flash twrp, but to flash twrp you must no ticket autoreboot because if the phone auotreboot the custom recovery is deleted.

By the way sir, I have super user installed. And the logo on start up is just word "samsung" and below it is picture of a Padlock that is (Unlocked). This is the changes I made because of the error of first try flash. Is that okay? Or will that affect the our operation? :)

May 21, 2014
By the way sir, I have super user installed. And the logo on start up is just word "samsung" and below it is picture of a Padlock that is (Unlocked). This is the changes I made because of the error of first try flash. Is that okay? Or will that affect the our operation? :)
When you install a stock rom, the root and a custom recovery is eliminated.

Your device starts like that before update to lollipop?

May 21, 2014
My device starts like that when I try to flash rom of the same exact Model i mentioned.
Well, at the first time, update by odin the 5.0.1 stock rom, this method is the manual update to an official ROM. When your device has installed lollipop you can flash recovery TWRP and make full wipe to flash a custom rom.

2nd Pain

Sep 4, 2016
FAIL! (AUTH)

Well, at the first time, update by odin the 5.0.1 stock rom, this method is the manual update to an official ROM. When your device has installed lollipop you can flash recovery TWRP and make full wipe to flash a custom rom.

Sir, I did follow your instr.
Odin > Open 5.0.1 stock rom in AP, go device to Download mode, Uncheck the Auto reboot (Leaving F. Reset Time checked). And start. this what happen.
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn

I did ON the Debug mode. In my device, I can see SECURE CHECK FAIL : aboot

Please Bare with helping me sir hehe.

Last edited:
May 21, 2014
Sir, I did follow your instr.
Odin > Open 5.0.1 stock rom in AP, go device to Download mode, Uncheck the Auto reboot (Leaving F. Reset Time checked). And start. this what happen.
Added!!
Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
Please wait..
Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
Leave CS..
Removed!!
Added!!
Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
File analysis..
SetupConnection..
Initialzation..
Get PIT for mapping..
Firmware update start..
SingleDownload.
aboot.mbn
FAIL! (Auth)

Complete(Write) operation failed.
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I did ON the Debug mode. In my device, I can see SECURE CHECK FAIL : aboot

Please Bare with helping me sir hehe.
Have you enable usb debbuging in developers options? You must enable it before flash by odin.

Have you start odin like administrator? Right button in your mousse at the odin icon.

Do you have installed kies? Unnistall it. That program makes errors in the process. The only thing that you need is the samsungs drivers installed.

Use the original microusb cable.

When odin fails, make sure that all this questions are ok.

2nd Pain

Sep 4, 2016
I have Kies!

Have you enable usb debbuging in developers options? You must enable it before flash by odin.

Have you start odin like administrator? Right button in your mousse at the odin icon.

Do you have installed kies? Unnistall it. That program makes errors in the process. The only thing that you need is the samsungs drivers installed.

Use the original microusb cable.

When odin fails, make sure that all this questions are ok.

I have kies because I think I read that advice somewhere in google hehe. I'll delete it. I have Install SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones.

I tried the method again without the Kies. This what happened.
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Looks like same thing happened. I Check the Debug Mode, Uncheck the Auto Reboot in ODIN, What could be the Problem.... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnMcClane1htc
May 21, 2014
I have kies because I think I read that advice somewhere in google hehe. I'll delete it. I have Install SAMSUNG USB Driver for Mobile Phones.

I tried the method again without the Kies. This what happened.
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Looks like same thing happened. I Check the Debug Mode, Uncheck the Auto Reboot in ODIN, What could be the Problem.... :(

In my first time, this situation happen to me.
When fail happend, and I had debug mode, drivers installed, original usb cable... I put off the battery 30 sg and put on again.
Then I changed the usb port and conected the device in download mode and wait to Windows recognized it (Windows has to install 2 drivers) and finally, with ODIN opened in Administrator mode, start and its worked.

this fail is normal at the first time, because Samsung implemented a protect system in the kernel called Knox, but don't worry about that. I think when you conect your device in another usb port, it can works.

2nd Pain

Sep 4, 2016
Im Intrigued about 2 Driver installed.

In my first time, this situation happen to me.
When fail happend, and I had debug mode, drivers installed, original usb cable... I put off the battery 30 sg and put on again.
Then I changed the usb port and conected the device in download mode and wait to Windows recognized it (Windows has to install 2 drivers) and finally, with ODIN opened in Administrator mode, start and its worked.

this fail is normal at the first time, because Samsung implemented a protect system in the kernel called Knox, but don't worry about that. I think when you conect your device in another usb port, it can works.

Can you remember what version of ODIN you are using sir? I have here 3.04 , 3.07 , 3.12 and Samsung Odin3 3.12. I dont reall know what to use so I tried to use them all.

And FYI.. In cased you notice something here.
What i can see in my device when in Download Mode are:
ODIN MODE (Red Color)
Product Name: SGH-1337(White Color)
Current Status: Custom(White Color)
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0(White Color)
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0 (White Color)
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30(White)
Write Protection: Enable(gray)
eMMC burst Mode enabled(Gray)

I also have avira anti virus, is there any other software that can block the operation ?
I also DONT HAVE Recovery Mode. I think when i Tried to flash TWRP Using APPLICATION TWRP OFFICIAL, I cant go to Recovery mode since then. I can only go to DOWNLOAD MODE :)

Last edited:
May 21, 2014
Can you remember what version of ODIN you are using sir? I have here 3.04 , 3.07 , 3.12 and Samsung Odin3 3.12. I dont reall know what to use so I tried to use them all.

And FYI.. In cased you notice something here.
What i can see in my device when in Download Mode are:
ODIN MODE (Red Color)
Product Name: SGH-1337(White Color)
Current Status: Custom(White Color)
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0(White Color)
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0 (White Color)
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30(White)
Write Protection: Enable(gray)
eMMC burst Mode enabled(Gray)

I also have avira anti virus, is there any other software that can block the operation ?
I also DONT HAVE Recovery Mode. I think when i Tried to flash TWRP Using APPLICATION TWRP OFFICIAL, I cant go to Recovery mode since then. I can only go to DOWNLOAD MODE :)
I know what is the problem.

You don't have the international model I9506... You have a vatiant of s4 LTE-A called SGH-1337. In sammobile, you have to search the ROM sock lollipop with this name to flash.

I use odin 3.09 but I also use the newer version and works.

PD. I want yo say you an aclaration. In odin, unchecking autoreboot is only to flash twrp, when you install a rom stock, this option must be enable. If not you have to reboot your device manually.

2nd Pain

Sep 4, 2016
OH!

I know what is the problem.

You don't have the international model I9506... You have a vatiant of s4 LTE-A called SGH-1337. In sammobile, you have to search the ROM sock lollipop with this name to flash.

I use odin 3.09 but I also use the newer version and works.

PD. I want yo say you an aclaration. In odin, unchecking autoreboot is only to flash twrp, when you install a rom stock, this option must be enable. If not you have to reboot your device manually.

I Am very glad for your help sir :laugh::laugh: . I searched sammobile and found this Firmware But theres also a variant of SGH-1137.

Can i also flash a lollipop ROM that is for other country?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards.

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..

Ok sir, I found the region Australia (TELSTRA) in sammobile and i can see in the list of that region the Build number same as my I9506 now (I9506XXUCNJ2) and it is 4.4.2. above it i see 5.0.1 and its build number is (I9506XXUDOL2), is it the right ROM?
    I think yes

Hello again sir. I downloaded the 5.0.1 of my S4 i9506. Is the method flashing this file is same as for TWRP?

And then, press start.

When you install a stock rom, the root and a custom recovery is eliminated.

Your device starts like that before update to lollipop?