[ROM][7.1.2][i9506][ks01lte][Unofficial] Carbon ROM 5.1

Search This thread
P

PixelChris95

I was thinking of updating again, but I haven't gotten any response from my last build so I assume everything is working :/ Plus, I'm in Lebanon where the internet is kB/s but I was planning on updating the source the 1rst of august. Do you have any bug reports you want to send?

I am on vacation myself so I couldn't try the last build so far. But updates are always appreciated ;)

P

PixelChris95

Your last build seems to work fine. One question tho: Why is the calendar a pre-material design version. And what is this ugly search app doing there? Just curious...

Your last build seems to work fine. One question tho: Why is the calendar a pre-material design version. And what is this ugly search app doing there? Just curious...

Not sure what the calendar is doing there, and the search app is nice at first, until you remove it and try to add it again. Weird but calendar and search should be the latest after you flash gapps

P

PixelChris95

I used kyasu's source for the builds posted here on XDA and they have the lockscreen delay :)
Unfortunately most roms are based on his source. Anyway do you have any plans on updating carbon rom? Also kyasu switched to a new kernel lately, which actually improved the lockscreen delay for me. Do you think it is feasible to move to the new kernel source?

Unfortunately most roms are based on his source. Anyway do you have any plans on updating carbon rom? Also kyasu switched to a new kernel lately, which actually improved the lockscreen delay for me. Do you think it is feasible to move to the new kernel source?

You're correct, the rom hasn't been updated in a while due to time constraints (school + work) but I did create a script to convert kyasu's source to work with carbonrom so that newbies can give a go at compiling carbonrom however I have no plans for actually releasing the script (needs some work etc).

kisvagen

Feb 4, 2016
I used kyasu's source for the builds posted here on XDA and they have the lockscreen delay :)

Aww :( Thanks for the reply ;) Why nobody fix this problem ? This is the most annoying thing in LOS 14.1 ... kyasu dont want to fix it because he doesnt have the delay -_- im just wanna say he's a "good" developer who no care about people problem this is the big problem in this world. :confused: ( ALSO sorry for my bad grammar :( ) U can fix the delay problem or no :) ?

Last edited:
Aww :( Thanks for the reply ;) Why nobody fix this problem ? This is the most annoying thing in LOS 14.1 ... kyasu dont want to fix it because he doesnt have the delay -_- im just wanna say he's a "good" developer who no care about people problem this is the big problem in this world. :confused: ( ALSO sorry for my bad grammar :( ) U can fix the delay problem or no :) ?

Kyasu does have the delay but I assume he has the same reason as me on why we haven't fixed it. It doesn't bother us that much. Usually what I do on my device is I'll click the button to toggle the screen and then take my phone out of my pocket, that way, when the phone is out of my pocket it'd turned on.
If the bug was something like "wifi only works for 20min then off" then of course, we'd have fixed the thing.
Hope you understand.
You are free to have a go at fixing it though, the sources are free :)

Reactions: kisvagen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the CyanogenMod and Android Open Source Project.

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FXzinYIT.png

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonTEAM GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.​

Sources:
    My own device source based off of kyasu's
    Kyasu's device source
    Note that both sources have the base for the roomservice.xml, so just copy paste from mine and you should be good to go :)

Downloads:
    ROM
    Gapps
    SuperSU

Big thanks to @kyasu for providing device sources, I did modify them somewhat to make them compatible with building carbonrom. Huge thanks to LineageOS for providing some of the necessary files needed to compile!​

Seems to run great! Feedback is appreciated.

What works:
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - Airplane Mode
    - USB Tethering
    - Sound
    - Camera
    - Video recording
    - Microphone
    - Root
    - SMS & Call (and data I assume)
    - MTP
    - Idk you tell me

What doesn't work:
    - Reboot recovery option from reboot menu
    - Idk you tell me :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM 5.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    ramiabouzahra, kyasu
    Source Code: http://github.com/CarbonROM/android

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest bootloader

Version Information

Created 2017-06-15
    Last Updated 2017-06-21
    Update:

- Camera app fixed :)p)
    - Sim card is now detected, hurray!

I don't have the fastest uploading speed (I'm on vacation in Lebanon, speed is around 300kb/s) and I want to go through the ROM for a couple moar bugs and roaches (ie, I haven't tested the reboot to recovery etc) but once all that's complete, it should be good to go for a daily driver (I don't know if you should trust me, I used a beta version as a daily once haha).

That's the update so far :)
    Update:

See last post for changes

Link: In OP and here
    No bugs, but just to have the last commits ...

Have a good trip in Lebanon!!

Thanks and I'll push the update closer :) And I can keep the computer on during the update during the night ;)
    UNTESTED

Update:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/iqqyo....1-MOO-UNOFFICIAL-ks01ltexx-20170808-1446.zip

- Synced with the latest sources
    - Added S View cover support
    - Updated device tree and synced with kyasu's source

Please do a full wipe before flashing.

Root and Gapps in the OP.

Happy flashin :)