[ROM][GT-I9506][ks01ltexx] LineageOS 17.1 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy S4 LTE-A

Search This thread

kyasu

Sep 23, 2012
Tokyo
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
This is an unofficial LineageOS 17.1 build for the international Galaxy S4 LTE-A (GT-I9506).
The korean Galaxy S4 LTE-A (SHV-E330S/K/L) is NOT tested by the developer.

Known Issues
  • None

Instructions

1. Flash TWRP recovery via Odin.
  2. Boot to TWRP recovery (Vol UP + Home + Power).
  3. Optional: Wipe data / Factory Reset
  4. Install the ROM (Lineage zip).
  5. Install the Google Apps (OpenGapps).
  6. Optional: Install Magisk to get root.
  7. Reboot.
Enjoy!

Downloads

All: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=43918
LineageOS 17.1: lineage-17.1-20201213-UNOFFICIAL-ks01ltexx.zip
TWRP: twrp-3.4.0-2-ks01ltexx.tar
Recommended Bootloader/Modem: I9506XXSDPL2_I9506XXUDOJ2_bootmodem.tar

Sources

https://github.com/kyasu/android_kernel_samsung_msm8974
https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_samsung_ks01ltexx
https://github.com/kyasu/android_vendor_samsung_ks01ltexx

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][GT-I9506][ks01ltexx] LineageOS 17.1 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy S4 LTE-A, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
kyasu, Borstelchen, LineageOS Devs
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-12-27
Last Updated 2020-12-13

Last edited:

coyote2610

Nov 12, 2019
Hello. I saw in the builds of Android 10 such a feature: in the camera settings, you choose to save to the SD card and the photo is not saved, it is saved only when you choose the memory of the smartphone. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

__Alchemist__

Dec 31, 2016
Wow @kyasu is still rocking! I was using your rom in late 2017's. But sadly i broke my phone physically. I am using an s8 now. I would be happy to see you on the dev team of s8 lineageOS :D

audianer

Aug 16, 2015
Munich
Hey. I am looking for a stable and fast ROM for the S4 LTE A. Maby for some games.

Lot 15, 16 or 17?

Moebiusten

May 5, 2018
Official Lineageos ?

Bonjour,
Thank you for this good job ; I've just a question : what is the reason for not joining the lineageos team ? It would be nice to have this S4 present in lineageos supported devices list again !
cordialement,

Reactions: M@yeulC

bintoito

Nov 2, 2010
lineage-17.1-20200111-UNOFFICIAL-ks01ltexx.zip

New build is available (See the first post).
Sync with the latest LineageOS source (January 2020 Security Patch).

Changes:
https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_samsung_ks01ltexx/commits/lineage-17.1-test
https://github.com/kyasu/android_kernel_samsung_msm8974/commits/lineage-17.1-test

hi kyasu,
after clean flashing 17.1 it has no welcome/reinstall backed up apps/call lags/etc from g drive and g one; i've tried factory reseting from within android but it just went to twrp; is there a way to get this or else i cannot recover a lot of data?
thx

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
How long are people experiencing, for their first boot on 17.1?
I have done a wipe of all but internal SD, and am now sitting at 30min, with just the ROM, no GApps or Magisk.

Or will it only boot with GApps?

A previous attempt had both GApps and Magisk 20.3, but also took a long time without success

-----edit------
whoops.... just read the following in the OP

Reboot. (The first time, the device may boot loop. You must hard reset (Vol DOWN + Home + Power), then the device will boot.)

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Album art does not work.

I have four MP3 files on my internal SDCard. They get scanned and included in the MediadB, but there is no Album art, nor are there any records in the MediaDB. I also tried manually updating/creating album art using an Album Art updater from the playstore, and it also failed to create the alum art.

I also noticed this same behavior on flashing crDroid

I did a clean flash, can someone else please confirm they get the same results?
You will scold me. I flashed LOS 17.1 dirty over LOS 16. Everything works great! With Magisk Root.
have you checked your album art?

GT-I8160P

May 27, 2014
You will scold me. I flashed LOS 17.1 dirty over LOS 16. Everything works great! With Magisk Root.

I did the same and am quite happy.

One thing I noticed:
I used to have a Profile to unlock the phone when connected to home Wifi and another to set the pin when not connected to my home wifi.
Both profiles are still there, but there is no more lock settings in the profiles.

Is that generally not there anymore in 17.1 / android 10?

Smartlock also does not work for me.

Any idea on how to automatically have the phone unlocked at home and locked elsewhere?

audianer

Aug 16, 2015
Munich
Album art does not work.

I have four MP3 files on my internal SDCard. They get scanned and included in the MediadB, but there is no Album art, nor are there any records in the MediaDB. I also tried manually updating/creating album art using an Album Art updater from the playstore, and it also failed to create the alum art.

I also noticed this same behavior on flashing crDroid
In the file explorer i have no album art, only in the music app.

Now i try the crdroid rom ^^ At this time with clean flash =)

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
In the file explorer i have no album art, only in the music app.

Now i try the crdroid rom ^^ At this time with clean flash =)
I am a little obsessed with album art :eek: As such, I built a few features into the following app:
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-temefi-comprehensive-documentation-t3806260

Under the menu, *small bug in last release, the first opening of the app, the menu is little borked, but corrects itself on the next opening:eek:)
"Database>MediaDB SQL>Songs Missing Album Art"
You can also see it in the last column:
"Database>MediaDB SQL>Last 1000 music files added to MediaDB"

As I said, I cleaned flashed, so I don't expect you to have a different result.

Top Liked Posts