FORUMS

[GUIDE] Enable Note 4 UPSM on 4.4.4 Touchwiz Rom

5,094 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,835

By Albe95, Inactive Recognized Contributor on 27th October 2014, 11:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
First of all thanks to xperiacle and his UPSM mod thread and module

Before start the guide some basic requirements:

1. Your Galaxy S4 updated to Touchwiz 4.4.4, even with a Rom (Eudemony,CarHD,...) but should work on stock too (now only for T-Mobile american variant)
2. Root and Xposed
3. A Filemanager with root access

If you've this things then you can go ahead

Now here you're the guide: (be patient and follow the guide from 1 to 17)
1. Download from here xperiacle module.
2. Install as a normal apk
3. Enable it in Xposed and reboot
4. Open it from the drawer and choose "newer kitkat ROM" ( I test both and with the older I face more Force Close)
5. Click on "Proceed" and give it Root access
6. Tap on Reboot now (if not work make a full reboot manually)
7. Open your Filemanager and go to system/app
8. Here delete EmergencyLauncher, EmergencyModeService and EmergencyProvider
9. Download my Emergency Note 4 rar
10. Put my 3 apk inside the rar in system/app and set correct permissions
11. Reboot and open Note 3 Upsm mod from the drawer
12. Choose UPSM ON/OFF
13. Accept the Samsung Terms and condition
14. IMPORTANT: If like me you've double tap to sleep module (or some other that change the action with a double tap on statusbar) disable it from xposed and make a soft reboot.
15. Then re-open from the drawer Note 3 UPSM and re-choose Upsm ON/OFF
16. On the popup choose Enable and enjoy Note 4 Upsm
17. To disable it double tab on status bar and a popup for deactivate will shown.

I didn't tested yet if it fully functional (if it save battery like on S5/Note 4 or less)

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Albe95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Albe95 Ad-Free
27th October 2014, 04:59 PM |#3  
Flag 台灣
Thanks Meter: 1,135

More
@Albe95
Is there any noticeable difference between S5 UPSM and Note 4 UPSM? Why you call it Note 4 UPSM?
27th October 2014, 05:03 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Working thanx

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorg

@Albe95
Is there any noticeable difference between S5 UPSM and Note 4 UPSM? Why you call it Note 4 UPSM?

Because is looking like as note 4 and it from note 4 simple mate
27th October 2014, 05:12 PM |#5  
OP Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Verona (Italy)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorg

@Albe95

No basically is the same UI only a popup with terms & condition of Samsung when enable first time. I call it note 4 simply because files are from note 4 as S5 files doesn't work on 4.4.4 (should because s5 files are from 4.4.2)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albe95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Albe95 Ad-Free
27th October 2014, 07:20 PM |#6  
Recognized Themer
Flag FVG
Thanks Meter: 3,022

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe95

No basically is the same UI only a popup with terms & condition of Samsung when enable first time. I call it note 4 simply because files are from note 4 as S5 files doesn't work on 4.4.4 (should because s5 files are from 4.4.2)

this shows that the code of upsm is now inside the 4.4.4 Rom, otherwise copying simply 3 apk will not work without UPSM code in jars

Very well done m8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _alex74_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _alex74_ Ad-Free
27th October 2014, 08:00 PM |#7  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _alex74_

this shows that the code of upsm is now inside the 4.4.4 Rom, otherwise copying simply 3 apk will not work without UPSM code in jars

Very well done m8

It's not simply copying 3 apk if I am seeing correctly. We use Xposed and Note 3 UPSM Mod app. Am I wrong?
The Following User Says Thank You to AHOME For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AHOME Ad-Free
27th October 2014, 08:15 PM |#8  
Recognized Themer
Flag FVG
Thanks Meter: 3,022

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHOME

It's not simply copying 3 apk if I am seeing correctly. We use Xposed and Note 3 UPSM Mod app. Am I wrong?

you are wrong just cause you do not know how UPSM is working, needs lot of code added in androidpolicy.jar, framework.jar,framework2.jar and services.jar(maybe i forget some other ..) to get it working. I do not think that exposed add those code in above files as it may differ from devices(porting from S5 to S4 needs a lot of adaption that @tamirda did)

Btw this shows good point, maybe even toolbox can be enabled not so hardly...

Hats off to devs
The Following User Says Thank You to _alex74_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _alex74_ Ad-Free
27th October 2014, 08:28 PM |#9  
OP Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Verona (Italy)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _alex74_

you are wrong just cause you do not know how UPSM is working, needs lot of code added in androidpolicy.jar, framework.jar,framework2.jar and services.jar(maybe i forget some other ..) to get it working. I do not think that exposed add those code in above files as it may differ from devices(porting from S5 to S4 needs a lot of adaption that @tamirda did)

Btw this shows good point, maybe even toolbox can be enabled not so hardly...

Hats off to devs

I don't know if it's already present or not. Come ti ho detto ieri non so bene come funziona quel modulo...
Toolbox I hope too it's already in settings:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albe95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Albe95 Ad-Free
28th October 2014, 02:31 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Master

--
Believes in Christ and you and your family will be safe of the Great day of Jehovah's wrath
I9505 Powered with Phoenix Rom v9.4 - Tamirda
GoogyMax Kernel v1.1.5 - Googy_anas
Philz touch Recovery - Philz
S5's S-view Cover service - Karkasss
Jehovah's Thunder Bootanimation - Pas2001
Bootanimation sound - Me
A lot of mods and stuff - Xda community
Thanks to all of you...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conito11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Conito11 Ad-Free
28th October 2014, 03:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Im stuck in power saving mode i followed all the instructions but when i double tap the status bar it sleep my phone. How do i disable xposed to change this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)